or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › REVIEW: Xiaomi Piston 2 - Re-defining "Budget-Fi"?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

REVIEW: Xiaomi Piston 2 - Re-defining "Budget-Fi"? - Page 5

post #61 of 156

WHere are the stars? this review gave no stars to the earphone at all

post #62 of 156
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vziera View Post
 

WHere are the stars? this review gave no stars to the earphone at all

no stars? I gave 5 full stars!

post #63 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
 

no stars? I gave 5 full stars!

Affirmative, thanks for clearing that up!

post #64 of 156

Can anyone reconfirm if this will take any of the comply foam tips? and if yes which ones? My impression is yes, but would love to hear from people who own them and with foam tips to try with too.

post #65 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by rptlead View Post
 

Can anyone reconfirm if this will take any of the comply foam tips? and if yes which ones? My impression is yes, but would love to hear from people who own them and with foam tips to try with too.

I'm willing to bet that the Pistons should take pretty much any of the tips, but I'm not sure. There were a couple guys who used T400s on them.

post #66 of 156

For this price, I think it is a really great product !

But one of my friends bought it and broke down within 2 weeks..............

post #67 of 156

I just received my pair.  They sound fantastic for the price. I hope mine doesn't break in two weeks :(

post #68 of 156
Great review Zelda! Congrats on making the front page! beerchug.gif

I might have to try these out just to smell them. I love chocolate! biggrin.gif
post #69 of 156

Be careful when shopping for these on ebay etc. There are sellers who have them for crazy prices like 5 pounds. Despite a low price, there are a lot of fakes of he piston 2. there is a great video on youtube on how to check if you got real or fake one here

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XncOP0545bI

post #70 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by big-man View Post
 

Be careful when shopping for these on ebay etc. There are sellers who have them for crazy prices like 5 pounds. Despite a low price, there are a lot of fakes of he piston 2. there is a great video on youtube on how to check if you got real or fake one here

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XncOP0545bI

 

Thanks for sharing this video. The copy I received from penonaudio.com is the real deal since my packaging matches the copy found on this review.

post #71 of 156
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk1281 View Post

Great review Zelda! Congrats on making the front page! beerchug.gif

I might have to try these out just to smell them. I love chocolate! biggrin.gif

Double Thanks to you! :beerchug:

post #72 of 156

Just received mine, everything "seems" to be good as I watched the video, but in my pack I never received the double flange tips. Also I have a metal shirt clip in the middle of the box with the tips.

Also tips marked on the plastic bottom as S M L. Are these still right?  

post #73 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by maguire View Post
 

Just received mine, everything "seems" to be good as I watched the video, but in my pack I never received the double flange tips. Also I have a metal shirt clip in the middle of the box with the tips.

Also tips marked on the plastic bottom as S M L. Are these still right?  

That means you received the so-called 2.1 version, an unofficial term for the Pistons released when you've purchased a pair past late March of 2014.

The original 2.0 version, the units being shipped before that time, had a shorter cable, flimsier tips, and lacked a shirt clip.

 

Long story short, you're all good!

post #74 of 156

Thanks mate......Ok glad to hear they are legit.... Soundwise they seem to be good out of the box, just going thru some burn in ....

post #75 of 156

Great out of the box.

Much better with 100+ hours on them.

Amazing with no foam in the nozzle under the grills.

 

Comfortable with my small ears but I use firmer large bore silicon tips from Sony (the Piston tips are all too soft and never sealed well). 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › REVIEW: Xiaomi Piston 2 - Re-defining "Budget-Fi"?