I'm trying to lay a small board for a tpa6120a2, just the amp board, no onboard PS, no pot. Here's a first attempt, at 50*50mm, dual sided. It's heavily based on jcx's suggestions in various threads.
- to ease layout and bypassing, the power supply is provided seperately for each channel.
- bypass caps are in 0805. I'm considering the use of 10uf/16V caps for all positions.
- the configuration has the tpa6120 in unity gain inside the feedback loop of a jfet opamp; it makes it much easier to interface with an external potentiometer if necessary.
- the bottom groundplane is just there to provide some extra cooling.
- instead of a 10r resistor, I'm planning to use an inductor from fastron at the output.
I'm still working out the various resistors values and cleaning up the board. Any input, about design or layout, would be greatly appreciated.