Hello there long time lurker here (first post though)
I got into this headphone thing when my old Creative Fatal1ty headset started crumbling after using it for 7 years.
So I began researching new ones and found out that headsets actually suck (Thanks to Simca from overclock.net, lol).
After months of researching I decided to dive into this and ordered my first pair of the real-deal-stuff the He-400 headphones from Hifiman.
Put simply I am incredibly amazed by those headphones and decided to go even deeper by creating my very own jergpads (thanks to jerg and modulor for the tutorials) and getting the treble fixed by equalizing.
Now the only thing I am missing in this "wallet-killer" of a hobby is a suitable headphone amp and dac.
- Must have a nice synergy with He-400 headphones
- Cost <= 170 Euro
- I do not plan to buy another pair of headphones for some years because my wallet doesnt cooperate anymore
- Use at home (indoors) only
- Source is Notebook therefore no soundcard
- notebook onboard audio is a awful chip from realtek with a 92db SNR
- Favorite genres: EDM(70%), Rock(20%), Pop(10%)
- note that I currently live in Germany making it expensive to get my hands on stuff from Schiit or JDSLabs
Options I currently think about:
- Fiio E17
- Wait for Fiio E10K or other products and hope for a good match
As I mentioned above I live in Germany and am not a native speaker so please forgive me for my lack of English skills.
If you guys need any more information dont hesitate contacting me.