- 386 Posts. Joined 9/2010
- Location: Sydney
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- What's the best 10 driver universal IEM right now? Last post on 12/7/14 at 9:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WTB: JH Audio JH16 FP JH13 FP Freqphase or Roxanne, Noble K10, Hidition NT6 Pro, Rooth LS8+ or... Last post on 4/30/14 at 2:38pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Noble K-10? Enough Bass? Last post on 1/11/15 at 6:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- EarWerkz Legend R. 8 Driver, 7-Way, 6-Crossover Flagship | discussion thread Last post on Today at 10:34 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 71 IEM Brief Review thread (incl. Rhine Monitors, Cleartune, CustomArt) Last post on 3/30/15 at 9:43pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank AudioQuest for providing me with a review sample of their product in exchange for my honest opinion. No matter how much I enjoy listening to...
Read a number of reviews on this pair of headphones before buying, and was quite surprised that no one mentioned the boxy band ( maybe somewhere around 3.5 - 5k ?? ) of upper mids. some songs...
Sony walkman A-10 review PACKAGING : so simple .. just the player,cable and...
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
Noble audio k10 or unique melody mentor?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I own thw Kaiser 10 but have only heard the Mentor briefly. Won't comment that much but the Mentor has slightly more details if ever so worse bass. K10 is probably a warmer Mentor
looking at the title I am going to assume that you mean the UM Mentor, the 10 driver custom/universal IEM from Unique Melody.
I have not had the chance to listen to them so I can't help you there, however I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has.
I think that that was in Tokyo debut or something thread, search for unique melody mentor and you will find it, the comparison is in the last two page iirc .
Found it http://www.head-fi.org/t/696358/unique-melody-mentor-debut-in-tokyo-e-earphone-festival
Edited by efib - 5/4/14 at 7:12am
Haven't heard the Mentor so take this with a grain but the Kaiser 10 was very balanced and musical at the same time when I auditioned it. Throw in Noble's customer service and you can't go wrong. From what others have said, it seems the Mentor has a bit more sparkle, something that I appreciate has been massaged out of the K10. It would have been easier for them to leave it than to make the highs more even sounding.
The Mentors are on the thinner side, thus the soundstage sounds very wide open but the thickness and vocal quality goes to the K10. Still undefeated IMO. Also my stock cable failed on the K10, the left one's audio started disappearing after a week with the Mentors.
- Noble audio k10 or unique melody mentor?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Remote FLAC streaming 54 seconds ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 1 minute ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 2 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Stax SRS-4040 Signature System (SR-404 Signature and SRM-006t) 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest DragonFly v1.2 USB DAC by twister6
- › AKG K271 MKII Headphones by 1nfiniti
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by Mmet
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2