I have already considered LD MK one+ and bravo ocean tube amp, recommend other amps...thanks
Recommend Tube amps under 150$
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
You get some tube sound, but it's not the same. It's fine for what it is.
I don't recommend buying a very cheap tube amp. You can find some passable ones in the $300 range. For the lower price, I would buy a solid state amp such as an O2.
I have these headphones:
DT 990 32 ohm
Koss Pro DJ 200
and these amps/DACS:
FiiO E17 + E09K
HiFimeDIY Sabre DAC
and AudioQuest Ever Green analog Cables.
I Will buy the following:
1) Do I have all the equipment that is needed for analytical listening ? I want to be able to exactly pinpoint the instruments/vocals in the sound stage even when there are a lot of them ...
2) out of K702 and HE-400, which one has more details and which one has the better instrument/vocal placement ?
3) Would buying the Little Dot MK I+ improve the sound in any way ?
Edited by Sam21 - 5/3/14 at 7:53pm
Agreed. I prefer solid state over tube/solid state amps in this budget range as well. I used to own the Little Dot I+, but I like the O2 better.
But if I had to pick one, I would skip the Vali unless you have heard it and like it. One of the best features of tube amps is being able to experiment with tubes to tweak the sound, and the Vali doesn't allow for that.
- 2,613 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Location: The Great State of Texas
- Select All Posts By This User
This ^^, tubes are harder to design for at low cost... the cheapest I would ever go is the Bottlehead Crack.
I really liked the sound of the Bottlehead Crack. It's what made me realize how much of a compromise the hybrid tube/solid state amps are over a full tube sound.
K702 costs 300$ CDN and HE-400 costs 350$ CDN, if we add the price of both we have 650$ CDN , What can i buy with 650$ CDN that is more detailed and has better instrument/vocal placement than both of these ?