I’m looking into getting a pair of new IEM’s, however I’m trying not to go over $100. After researching various areas (including this forum of course) I’ve narrowed it down to two and STILL can’t decide.
• Etymotic HF5 and HiFiMan RE 400
So I’m looking for some input here on what you think. My musical preferences are below.
• Classical (Beethoven/Mozart/Bach)
• Trailer “Epic” Music (Two Steps from Hell/The Immediate/E.S. Posthumus)
• Metal/Rock (Dream Theater/Nightwish/The Police/Foo Fighters)
• Classical Crossover (Hayley Westenra/Jennifer Thomas/Escala)
• Others (Vienna Teng/Hans Zimmer - Soundtracks)
I am struggling with the two as they do appear to be fairly balanced but, from researching, it seems the HF5’s go slightly higher in treble and RE 400’s go slightly lower. Just not sure which one I would prefer.
Any thoughts on which of the two might fit best given my musical tastes above? I'm running out of an Ipod Touch and Iphone 5s and large portion of music (classical and soundtracks) is in Apple Lossless ALAC.