or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Help Rebounding From Beats
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Help Rebounding From Beats

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 

I've been on this site a lot lately educating myself on the science of headphones and I am glad that I have been enlightened.

 

I'm venturing into learning how to record, mix and master rap music because I like the independence and freedom of not having to go to someone else and their studio to make music.

 

I've searched the forums but thought it would be best to join and ask around for updated info and answers to my specific situation.


I have Beats Wireless Headphones and was about to purchase the Beats Pro Headphones because they claim to be the best headphones for recording and mixing/mastering Rap music but research has changed my mind.

 

From online research I see a lot of praise for the Beyer and Sennheiser brands but I'm open to whatever will help me prosper.

 

My questions are:

What are some good headphones for recording rap vocals?

What are some good headphones for mixing/mastering rap tracks (I have read that mixing/mastering is best done from monitors but I just want an option to do it from headphones as well)?

 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

 

"1 LOVE 4 LIFE"

              -KFTM

post #2 of 11

DT 770 Pros or ATH-M50s.

post #3 of 11

I've arranged, mixed down and done mastering using AKG's K240DFs which are pretty much perfect for this purpose. They are not available new now but if you can find these (or any similar aged K240) you'll be laughing. 5 times cheaper and 10 times less rubbish.

 

They are semi open, so OK for recording if you're in another room whilst monitoring!

post #4 of 11
Thread Starter 

I'll check out the ATH, hadnt researched that one yet

post #5 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHiFi View Post
 

I've arranged, mixed down and done mastering using AKG's K240DFs which are pretty much perfect for this purpose. They are not available new now but if you can find these (or any similar aged K240) you'll be laughing. 5 times cheaper and 10 times less rubbish.

 

They are semi open, so OK for recording if you're in another room whilst monitoring!


I'll be sure to check those out, Thanks!

post #6 of 11

Budget?

post #7 of 11
Thread Starter 
Considering I was going to get Beats Pros, I'd say my budget is $400 but I'm not opposed to spending less.
post #8 of 11

Do you have monitor speakers? I would recommend spending money there first.

post #9 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraken2109 View Post

Do you have monitor speakers? I would recommend spending money there first.

I dont, but thats a good idea. Are there any you recommend?
post #10 of 11

I'm not an expert but $400 could get you some decent 8" monitors.

post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1ngfr3sh View Post

I dont, but thats a good idea. Are there any you recommend?

JBL LSR308 are available for under $400. I've heard very good things about them.

However, no studio monitor will give you that very deep subbass if you are into that with your recording. Gotta have a sub for that smily_headphones1.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Help Rebounding From Beats