or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") - Page 50

post #736 of 8543
Have any of you tried the Arrow 3G amp?

Have any of you double amped with the Digizoid ZO?
post #737 of 8543
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMan2k2 View Post


Thanks for the video, it's all but made up my mind. Going to wait for HBB before I jump.

@cb3723  knows what he talks about.

 

 

 

I use the terrorist designed iAudio10 by Cowon which was a ******* nightmare...color therapy:confused:...I needed mental therapy after dealing with their ******** UI:mad:

 

It's the Jeteffects (BBE ,Mach3Bass) that makes the magic. My 5 band eq is flat. No manual freq boosting at all.

 

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

 

 

 

 

The iAudio 9 or any Cowon with Jeteffects 3.0 or higher + e12 +XX pads and you get the head kick. (my settings are BBE+8 Mach3Bass +9 Flat eq) Cowon device vol. 34

 

 

I'm not using the LOD. Ipod/iphone/ipad do not give me what I need with an amp and elephantcandy's great eq......just doesn't work like the Cowon+e12

post #738 of 8543
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb3723 View Post


[/SPOILER]
My E12 order has just gone in & when it lands - all my bass cans get the paper/bass test using new beats track, and there will be some new 50mm gladiators ready to chance their luck out, maybe not looking to take the two champions that are the 2&1K's from pole position, but vying for their best possible place within the top ten candidates.
This is the calm before the storm..............wink.gif

AND... I might have sorted the Pro700mk2's out for testing, as I found a new log to hit it with smily_headphones1.gif That's right - s**t will be going down biggrin.gif
2yoolti.gif

 

Download that "3 kinds of Bass track"...it's nuts...paper waves like the ocean

on a stormy day

 

Looking forward to the future tests:D

 

We really need to fill out what comes behind the SZ and 

XB series. You....gotta lot.

...so you gotta lotta input. 


Edited by Hawaiibadboy - 6/23/14 at 7:40pm
post #739 of 8543
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietcux View Post
 

HBB, did you ever listen to the Ultrasone PRO 550  or the Ultrasone DJ PRO ? Both have 50 mm mylar and can be equalized to a good and deep bass. And both are much better than the PRO 900 imho. I have the PRO 550 since some years and use them a lot for PC gaming. The bass is there but needs eq for sure. They both do not suffer from piercing treble.

 

The DJ Pro made me so sad because of the price I returned it really fast. The Sig DJ is probably/definitely what I should have gotten....If you wanna test and video yours....;)

post #740 of 8543
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kswo View Post
 

 

@Hawaiibadboy I've gotta thank you for showing me the light man, I had my doubts, and as you said in your video it's hard to trust some random ****s on the internet about headphones. I saw your past, I could relate to your vision in the search for bass. I let my buddy at work try on the SZ2000s, he had the same reaction I did. Before he wanted Sennheiser HD429s, now he's considering the SZ1000. You're like a ******* bass jesus, converting the plebeians into believers. You are my bass senpai. /end-masturbation 

 

 

I'm using SZ2000s (thread also mentions SZ1000s for similar impact)

XX Pads (ripped from HA-M55X. I don't think $50 is too bad to get these pads, I've seen others pay up to $70 for custom made pads, plus you can throw the stock SZ pads on the HA-M55X and give em to your nephew or something.)

Fiio E12 (thread also mentions E17, although I don't think these can push as much raw power as E12s but I could be wrong.)

ASUS Xonar DG DAC (this is not mobile as it is a sound card, a $20 one at that. My phone and iPod do not offer the same results as this card, you'll need a Cowon or similar PMP/DAC to boost properly. I will give my Sansa Clip+ a try with RockBox EQ and post results)

EQ the ******* **** out of 60Hz and below. (I move anywhere from 30hz-10hz +7db up to +12db, 31hz-60hz +2db up to +4db, some tracks do not like boosted 31-60hz though. I also drop 120hz-200hz -2db) 

???

Bass Profit.

 

@cb3723  when I get home I'll bang those mixes, what equipment do you use to spin with? I used to rock CD-J 500 MK2s with a Behringer DDM4000 with a buddy. Miss that setup, it was ghetto but I've put many many hours on those. Nostalgia hitting me hard right now. Using AT-LP1240 now, I mess with Traktor Pro Timecode and Ableton from time to time as well but not as much as I should. Wish I had time to press out a mix, but getting older sucks. I miss my rave days. Time flies- school and work interfere. Life is fast.

 

 

That red and black highlight...your a basshead bro.:D

 

I see a future with little cousins rocking 55X with sz pads and really thinking cuz is cool......yeah....cuz is cool but he just used you to complete the plan little man

 

 

Quote: By some kid in the future
"My first experience as a basshead was a set of jvc 55x with sz pads given to me by a relative....he's in prison now but he's cool......so ...that's how I became a basshead"

Edited by Hawaiibadboy - 6/23/14 at 8:00pm
post #741 of 8543

Thanks for the reply HBB.  Sigh, these cans are getting more and more expensive everyday.  The amp, now the player, and it's only 32Gig, I have over 90gig that I like to bring along with me.  You don't get the same thing from an iPod, so, now I have to decide if the price to play is worth the experience.  New DAP, amp, cables, then finally the cans.  That's over a grand here in Canada.  I'm getting depressed here....... :frown:

post #742 of 8543
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMan2k2 View Post
 

Thanks for the reply HBB.  Sigh, these cans are getting more and more expensive everyday.  The amp, now the player, and it's only 32Gig, I have over 90gig that I like to bring along with me.  You don't get the same thing from an iPod, so, now I have to decide if the price to play is worth the experience.  New DAP, amp, cables, then finally the cans.  That's over a grand here in Canada.  I'm getting depressed here....... :frown:

 

Bro I don't rec' anything besides the cans.

 

Everything else is answering folks who got the cans but not the hit in the video. It's merely what I got. The newest owner doesn't have a Cowon and I wouldn't rec that nightmare of a UI. It had no instructions and getting album art to work was a no go until I used musicbee's file edit. I hated the thing. I just have gotten used to it and can use it without thought but the Cowon iAudio series is a ******* nightmare....it just sounds good and jeteffects is great.

 

I think the price is heading up on these. Compared to the competition and their build quality I thought these were a bit under priced if the market and comp sets prices. I got my Sz2000 for $220(?) and the sz1000 for $130 

 

I'm not trying to be getting anyone and their wallet upset. I was just noting my exact setup for simulation and clarification purposes.

 

As for an ipod....rockbox or something? I heard there are ways to use an eq with a 30hz slider? Maybe someone else can pipe in about that?

post #743 of 8543
Thread Starter 

PAPER TEST TRACK CHANGE

 

BASS TESTERS - "World's Deepest Bass"

 

This is from the 2:40 Mark

I think is is the same part of the vid below (:50 sec mark)

 

 

has a highish note for volume reference. It moves a lot of paper. Please use this (if you can)

 

 

 

I switched off the Beats test track because it was tweaked and almost hurt my cans in a bad way.

It's a rip off of this track (Below) anyway.

 

There is no Beats Bass test track.

 

Anyway this is definitely 

Bass Mekanik's - "Night Bass"

 

 

 


 

 

EDIT:

Can't believe I gotta ******* say this. These are not basshead cans. I use them as such because they can do that. These play all kinds of music and folks with multi genre' tastes and using particular pads are enjoying these immensely. I do these demo's for bassheads or folks trying to see what a real "cannon" looks like.  I'm doing the real deal demo for your eyes so you don't need to ever read "face melt" "Jaw shatter" or some other stupid over sell/ ******** claim. I was just  listening to this:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

and read a comment from somebody worried these were just bass cans.........c'mon man....read through the appreciation thread.


Edited by Hawaiibadboy - 6/24/14 at 9:29am
post #744 of 8543

the cowon is that a music player only ? or can you play your music from the pc and stick the cowon between it ?

and the fiio e12. hbb you say the e12 has more output power than the e17. But what does this actually mean. Do they give more power to the phones at the same volume as the e17 resulting in better sound quality? or can you just play louder on the e12?


Edited by hummel - 6/24/14 at 10:28am
post #745 of 8543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiibadboy View Post
 

 

Bro I don't rec' anything besides the cans.

 

Everything else is answering folks who got the cans but not the hit in the video. It's merely what I got. The newest owner doesn't have a Cowon and I wouldn't rec that nightmare of a UI. It had no instructions and getting album art to work was a no go until I used musicbee's file edit. I hated the thing. I just have gotten used to it and can use it without thought but the Cowon iAudio series is a ******* nightmare....it just sounds good and jeteffects is great.

 

I think the price is heading up on these. Compared to the competition and their build quality I thought these were a bit under priced if the market and comp sets prices. I got my Sz2000 for $220(?) and the sz1000 for $130 

 

I'm not trying to be getting anyone and their wallet upset. I was just noting my exact setup for simulation and clarification purposes.

 

As for an ipod....rockbox or something? I heard there are ways to use an eq with a 30hz slider? Maybe someone else can pipe in about that?

I can't rockbox, as it's a 7th gen iPod, and rockbox isn't stable for it.  So I was wondering if the standard EQ options on the iPod would work.  I can afford the amp and LOD cable for the iPod, that's not a problem.  I could get the cans too, and I have a set of HA-MR55x headphones coming to me, although I'm not sure if I'm keeping them.  It's just that you made it sound like the iPod wouldn't work at all with the bass performance these are capable of.  If I can get some kind of semblance of bass out of these with the iPod though, the consideration is serious.  I'd love some really extreme bass cans, but throwing a DAP in the mix made it impossible.  But if I can get "SOMETHING" out of the iPod, then I'll jump on it.

 

*edit*  What about the Fiio X3 player?  It has a bass and treble boost control, do you know of anyone using one?  I'd prefer to use the iPod, but IF I have to get a new DAP, this one I can afford, and with expandable memory, I can get my music on it, for the most part.


Edited by ZMan2k2 - 6/24/14 at 11:29am
post #746 of 8543
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMan2k2 View Post
 

I can't rockbox, as it's a 7th gen iPod, and rockbox isn't stable for it.  So I was wondering if the standard EQ options on the iPod would work.  I can afford the amp and LOD cable for the iPod, that's not a problem.  I could get the cans too, and I have a set of HA-MR55x headphones coming to me, although I'm not sure if I'm keeping them.  It's just that you made it sound like the iPod wouldn't work at all with the bass performance these are capable of.  If I can get some kind of semblance of bass out of these with the iPod though, the consideration is serious.  I'd love some really extreme bass cans, but throwing a DAP in the mix made it impossible.  But if I can get "SOMETHING" out of the iPod, then I'll jump on it.

 

*edit*  What about the Fiio X3 player?  It has a bass and treble boost control, do you know of anyone using one?  I'd prefer to use the iPod, but IF I have to get a new DAP, this one I can afford, and with expandable memory, I can get my music on it, for the most part.

I might be wrong but the x3 only has hardware bass adjusting centered on 100hz

 

 

 

How about this??

If you can preset some low end (30,50-80) you should be fine. Maybe try this and stick with the ipod 7G

 

post #747 of 8543
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummel View Post
 

the cowon is that a music player only ? or can you play your music from the pc and stick the cowon between it ?

and the fiio e12. hbb you say the e12 has more output power than the e17. But what does this actually mean. Do they give more power to the phones at the same volume as the e17 resulting in better sound quality? or can you just play louder on the e12?

 

 

This is NOT loud volume.

 

 

 

 

This song slams my skull very hard and the highs are not too much at all. It's not crazy listening levels....just crazy bass

 

 

I do not own the e17 but cb did videos using that I believe and it looked like they were not driving the cans as hard as an e12 but that's off a video. 

post #748 of 8543
Thread Starter 

       

 

          

 

 

 

 

TOP 10 for June 2014 (REV2) final posting

* Using 70Hz "Hit" and a* 35Hz "Hit"as comparative test. All listed cans compared with a Cowon DAP Settings= Flat 5 band Eq/BBE+10 Mach3Bass+8 e12 amp +16dB gain on. Bast boost switch on

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

1. JVC HA-SZ2000 

 

 

Peerless sub bass and entire 18-120Hz response. Final option for chronic basshead. 

 

Driver size: 55mm "Sub-woofer"/ 30mm CNT

Impedance:16 Ohm

Amp Headroom: Exceptional +30dB @45Hz

EQ: Needs

Genre' (anything)

Weakness: Sub>>Mid transition. , Poor stock pads.

 

**

 

 


2. JVC SZ1000

Nearly identical to Sz2000.

Only difference is force of bass at very high low end gain.

Highs seem clearer at low volume?

 

 

 

 

Driver size: 55mm "Sub-woofer"/ 30mm CNT                                                                                                        

 

 

Impedance 16 Ohm

Amp Headroom: Exceptional +30dB @45Hz

EQ: Needs

Genre' (anything)

Weakness: Sub>>Mid transition. , Poor stock pads.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

3. JVC HA-MR77x

 

Hits very hard. Eats good amp.

 

 

Driver size: 57mm Mylar (PET)

 

Impedance 46 Ohm

Amp Headroom: Good/Great 16-20dB @45Hz

EQ: Needs (to raise mids)

Genre' (Hip-Hop)

Weakness: Echo/resonance over takes bass response before distortion.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


4. Sony XB700

 

Epic bass. overwhelms signature. Can be amped well.

 

 

Driver size: 50mm Mylar (PET)

Impedance 24 Ohm

Amp Headroom: Good +18dB @45Hz

EQ: Needs

Genre' (Hip-Hop/EDM)

Weakness: Pillow pads absorb too much of the hit. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

**

 


5. Sony XB1000

new on list

 

 

 

 

 

 

Driver size: 70mm Mylar (PET) 

Impedance 24 Ohm

Amp Headroom: (???) @45Hz

EQ: Needs (???????)

Genre' (HipHop/EDM/?)

Weakness: ...(not enough info)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Source: iPod Touch with EQ set to bass boost, playing YouTube Wiz Khalifa's "On My Level" track
Amp: FiioE17 with bass EQ to max setting 10 and 6dB gain


6.  Ultrasone Signature DJ

 

 

 

 

 

Driver size: 50mm Mylar (PET)

 

Impedance 32 Ohm

Amp Headroom: Great/Good +18 @45Hz

EQ: Needs (raise bass only)

Genre' (Anything)

Weakness ; Echo/resonance at high amped low end.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

7.  Monster/Beats by Dre Pro 

 

 (original Monster/Dre version)

 

 

Driver size: 40mm Mylar (PET)

 

Impedance 32 Ohm

Amp Headroom: Average +12 @45Hz

EQ: Needs (raise bass only)

Genre' (Hip-Hop/EDM/?)

Weakness: Driver tuned to near limit. Amping gives only some boost.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

**


8. HPH Yamaha Pro 500

 

Similar to Beats pro in "pre-tuned" driver.

Headroom with amp is low same as beats Pro. Hit hard as **** though

 

 

 

Driver size: 50mm Mylar (PET)

 

Impedance 32 Ohm

Amp Headroom: Average +12 @70Hz

EQ: Needs (raise bass only)

Genre' (Anything)

Weakness: Driver tuned to near limit. Amping gives only some boost. Pad size (shallow)

 

 

 

*

 

 


9. Monster Npulse

 

Like the 77x hit way out of their price range and any range.

Headroom is slightly bigger than Yamaha and Beats Pro

 

 

Driver size: 40mm Mylar (PET)

 

Impedance 32 Ohm

Amp Headroom: Average +14 @45Hz

EQ: Needs (raise bass only)

Genre' (Anything)

Weakness: Driver tuned to near limit. Amping gives only some boost. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

**

 

 


10. ATH - PRO 700MK2

 

 

 

 

 

Driver size: 53mm  Mylar (PET)

 

 

Impedance 38 Ohm

Amp Headroom: Great/Good +18 @45Hz

EQ: Needs (raise bass only,?)

Genre' (Hip-Hop/EDM/?)

Weakness: Pad depth. Different pairs very different sound?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

**

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*ALL Cans tested with identical gear,settings and tracks.

Results based on that specific set-up.

No rec's of any cans made. No buying suggestions given.

Different equipment and settings will possibly/likely yield different results.

 

 

F.Y.I

 

The only Genre' limited cans on the list are the XB's and the JVC 77's The other 7 cans are potential cannons but can play many other kinds of music

 

 

 

post #749 of 8543
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMan2k2 View Post

I can't rockbox, as it's a 7th gen iPod, and rockbox isn't stable for it.  So I was wondering if the standard EQ options on the iPod would work.  I can afford the amp and LOD cable for the iPod, that's not a problem.  I could get the cans too, and I have a set of HA-MR55x headphones coming to me, although I'm not sure if I'm keeping them.  It's just that you made it sound like the iPod wouldn't work at all with the bass performance these are capable of.  If I can get some kind of semblance of bass out of these with the iPod though, the consideration is serious.  I'd love some really extreme bass cans, but throwing a DAP in the mix made it impossible.  But if I can get "SOMETHING" out of the iPod, then I'll jump on it.

*edit*  What about the Fiio X3 player?  It has a bass and treble boost control, do you know of anyone using one?  I'd prefer to use the iPod, but IF I have to get a new DAP, this one I can afford, and with expandable memory, I can get my music on it, for the most part.

Fiio E17 amp/DAC with bass and treble EQ?

Would work with your iPod and would deliver a million (over exaggerating )but you get the message) times bass than iPod alone EQ?


Edited by cb3723 - 6/25/14 at 6:57am
post #750 of 8543
I just use $60 Auvio amp from Radio Shack. It slams my cans pretty hard. Distorts most car sspeakers. Has 3 bass boost modes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")