or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") - Page 48

post #706 of 8078

A shame.. I haven't heard the Dido myself, but I had high hopes for it.

post #707 of 8078
Thread Starter 

Sub-Bass                                                                         

  •  Monster NPulse          
  •  Perfect dido
  •  Pro 900

 (could barely hear the 30Hz note on Beats bass test track with Pro 900)

 

 

Overall bass impact 60+Hz

  • Perfect dido/NPulse/Pro 900

(I couldn't discern any impact difference besides the dido and NPulse maybe being harder because of pad material.)

 

 

 

They all balked at this hard. None of them could handle the hit and the e12 boost. Turn off the e12 and they were still choking...turn down the amp gain a bit and they were all doing this vid vibe in a 40mm version which is clearly not what they should be doing.  I consider these 3 to be the best at 40mm bass tuned drivers. Probably sound much better without an amp and extreme bass sloping but...who wants to pay a few hundred and think...

"I better slow down with the boosting...I'm about to distort"

Not me.

I'd rather think...

"I'm gonna lose my ******* hearing if I don't turn this mother ****** down"

 

 


Edited by Hawaiibadboy - 6/21/14 at 9:51am
post #708 of 8078

I don't know if this has already been said, but that beats bass test song is just a bass boosted Bass Mekaniks song, off the album Quad Maximus.  The song is called Night Bass.

 

My favorites Bass Mekanik songs are Rule the Universe, Slow Down 4 Big Trux, Lock on Target, Make it Drop, and Competition Hertz. In my opinion, the bass is much better. Although i don't have bass cans right now.

post #709 of 8078
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by headsounds View Post
 

I don't know if this has already been said, but that beats bass test song is just a bass boosted Bass Mekaniks song, off the album Quad Maximus.  The song is called Night Bass.

 

My favorites Bass Mekanik songs are Rule the Universe, Slow Down 4 Big Trux, Lock on Target, Make it Drop, and Competition Hertz. In my opinion, the bass is much better. Although i don't have bass cans right now.

 

I had no idea about it's origins. I might check out those other tracks for testing.

Thanks:D

post #710 of 8078

Your welcome. as a basshead, you owe it to your ears to check out bass mekanik (Niel Case) in general. He was really the premier bass music producer. 

 

My second car was a sound quality competition car, and a girlfriend at the time made me this cd... it had like 10 bass mekanik songs. I had never heard of him before, and i swear, my life changed from the moment i popped that cd in.

post #711 of 8078
Thread Starter 

 

 

 

 

I'm liking this for testing (below)

 

 

 

 

 

I remember him from my IASCA days.

I'm looking for a real air pusher so I'm gonna try some different ones out:L3000:

post #712 of 8078
Thread Starter 

GOD of BASS??...Bash

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Actually he said "bashed god":p...anyway technicalities aside.....

 

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 95

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

 

I'd take the senn's over the aiaiai personally.

 

Both very bass able. I thought the senn was more comfy.

 That's the bashed bass gods opinion:deadhorse:

 

lol


Edited by Hawaiibadboy - 6/22/14 at 3:35am
post #713 of 8078
Thread Starter 

Car Audio meets Headphone

U'r not a Basshead bro

 

 

 

Man,

The "basshead" term gets tossed around almost as much as "cannon".

You're probably not a basshead and you maybe don't own any cannons.

 

It ain't your thing. Cool. 

Stop rec'ing cans and claiming they will slap somebody's head around cuz they won't. Nobody ...zero....zilch claiming the 40mm Q40 are cannons anymore. Are they?

 M-Audio was so overwhelmed by their so much win Q40 they went and made a 50mm......studio can:o

 

 

That 57mm is playing a car audio test track and the only thing moving that paper is 30,40 50 Hz notes.

 

I don't listen to bass test tracks but it shows me what I do listen to will be just fine....plenty of bass headroom.  It's all about potential. Not using it....but feeling good knowing that it's there...just in case.

 

 

Next time you dive bomb a bass can hunting thread...heeed the Rock's advice...jabroni

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

* New Top 10 Bass can list coming soon.

 

** I've watched my own vid in this post 7 times now...lol...that ending is ******* sick as fuc. *******.


Edited by Hawaiibadboy - 6/22/14 at 9:29am
post #714 of 8078

I just received my UE6000 headphones, and I like the bass, but find myself craving more on certain tracks.  Should I jump on the SZ2000's before they're gone?  They are $300 on Amazon.ca right now, and I'm very tempted, based on your tests that you demoed in the vids above.  Two questions.  Is the cable detachable? and can a simple iPod drive these to satisfactory bass levels?  I AM a basshead, so I'm curious if these would be my golden headphone?  And where did you get the 55x ear pads?


Edited by ZMan2k2 - 6/22/14 at 11:35am
post #715 of 8078
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMan2k2 View Post
 

I just received my UE6000 headphones, and I like the bass, but find myself craving more on certain tracks.  Should I jump on the SZ2000's before they're gone?  They are $300 on Amazon.ca right now, and I'm very tempted, based on your tests that you demoed in the vids above.  Two questions.  Is the cable detachable? and can a simple iPod drive these to satisfactory bass levels?  I AM a basshead, so I'm curious if these would be my golden headphone?

you can't get them to give that much bass as hbb does. You need a lot of tweaking for that. No way do they sound good enough through an ipod. They sound decent at best. The bass really is absent through an ipod. I use the fiio e17 with +10 bass and an EQ with extra bass and i could still use more settings i think. The cable isnt detachable. Next week i will be getting the ultrasone pro900 and i am very curious what bass these cans will give me with the same settings i use for my sz2000.

I have the m100 also, and you can get them to hit almost as hard as the sz2000 with normal equalizing. I dont say what hbb does with his cans. No way the m100 is capable of that. But the big difference between the m100 and the sz2000 is that the sz2000 gives alot more detail in the bass and much more clearity on higher volume where the m100 start to sound harsh and give a piercing sound


Edited by hummel - 6/22/14 at 11:41am
post #716 of 8078
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummel View Post
 

you can't get them to give that much bass as hbb does. You need a lot of tweaking for that. No way do they sound good enough through an ipod. They sound decent at best. The bass really is absent through an ipod. I use the fiio e17 with +10 bass and an EQ with extra bass and i could still use more settings i think. The cable isnt detachable. Next week i will be getting the ultrasone pro900 and i am very curious what bass these cans will give me with the same settings i use for my sz2000.

I have the m100 also, and you can get them to hit almost as hard as the sz2000 with normal equalizing. I dont say what hbb does with his cans. No way the m100 is capable of that. But the big difference between the m100 and the sz2000 is that the sz2000 gives alot more detail in the bass and much more clearity on higher volume where the m100 start to sound harsh and give a piercing sound

Well, I'm not interested in buying an amp to run these, and if they don't perform well with my iPod, I'm not that interested.  Thanks for the response.

post #717 of 8078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiibadboy View Post

GOD of BASS??...Bash DJ wink.gif
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)









Actually he said "bashed god"tongue.gif ...anyway technicalities aside.....


CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 95


CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90


I'd take the senn's over the aiaiai personally.

Both very bass able. I thought the senn was more comfy.
That's the bashed bass gods opinion:deadhorse:

lol

Sennheiser HD25 -1 II = Basshead "God" (wtf?) = No and very no in the context of this thread for sure, guy of * "bashed" gods or whatever god he's into got his prayers wrong on that one - had he said the Senn's were DJ gods, he may have had a point as a over 25 year legend veteran can that has adorned DJ's crowns every corner of the globe, this is what the HD25's represent.
*Unless I've misunderstood what this guy "bashed" was actually saying - if so - my apologies

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
cf17d4f2_DSC_1319.jpeg

The AiAiAi TMA-1's are relative new breed of uber understated slinky polysexual fab form and functional robust to trust and a sound sig that's good to clearly hear the bass to beat match your cross fader behaviour in the mix and are an exercise in precision design and dynamic sonics that appeal outside the DJ booth to also your average Joe Smooth who likes the friendly bass groove smily_headphones1.gif

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
14b98a73_image.jpeg

Both these cans are deadly DJ weapons of mass distraction in the right spinners hands and more suited in the DJ arena than the extreme bass arena for sure wink.gif

40mm drivers are more than enough for DJ duties, as shown below as Nicky Romero rocks 50k+ faithful at Miami Ultra Music Festival 2014 - his cans of choice? 40mm white beats mixr's cool.gifL3000.gif co created by DJ David Guetta who coincidentally used Sennheiser HD25-1 mk2's prior to mixr beats happy_face1.gif
REACH 4 THE MO FO LASERS - BI**H! gs1000.gif

2mqkdxu.gif
xnhjjn.gif2mh67sy.gif
2lt0eg.gif

Pop quiz: which 40mm cans does Skrillex fornicate his faithful followers with?


3mins 12secs in - one of my fave Skrillex tunes - Skrillex & The Doors: Breakn A Sweat (Zedd Remix) -
- is mixed in & check the two hot blondes up front & rockin it hard tongue_smile.gif
"HE-HEY - THATS GOOD!" - - - DROP IT!!! biggrin.gif

Edited by cb3723 - 6/22/14 at 6:07pm
post #718 of 8078

So I've had the chance to play with my SZ2000s for a while now. Before I start- yep stock pads are ****. Toss em. Give em' to your dog to chew on. @Hawaiibadboy isn't kidding around, they're garbage for bass.

 

First impressions:

 

With no amp, these (obviously) are worthless. What everyone said here about using an amp is not a joke. Anyone considering purchasing these to use off of a standard PMP, forget about it. If you have sound card that claims to have a headphone amp, you will be disappointed with the sound. I have a ASUS Xonar sound card and the output is NOT enough to drive these.


XX Pads

I am using a Fiio E12 amplifier, bass boost turned on, gain swich on.

Xonar DAC: 10hz-30hz +7db 31hz-60hz +2db.

Vol Knob @ 1:30 (70ish%), for vision distortion 2:30 (75-85%) (This is really good for your hearing)


If you are looking for BASS, these are ******* BANGARANG. My ears give up before the SZ2000s begin to distort. Unbelievable. My girlfriend jumped in her chair when she first listened to these. I will quote her "Headphones shouldn't be able to do this!"

I played the track 'Massive Attack - Angel' and she went wide-eyed.

 

I read the hype, I saw the proof of bass but didn't know how intense it would be. HBB said the feeling these give you are a new sensation for headphones- he is absolutely right.

 

What I can tell you is this- at the level I listen to, my vision becomes blurry to the point to where the words I am typing begin to fuzz when the bass hits. I **** you not, I swear, that's how hard these hit. Another thing, if you hold your teeth close to each other they will chatter. There's a primal side of my brain that is actually frightened/alerted to the bass phenomenon these produce.  FINALLY, this is the bass I wanted and I got it. 

 

I listen to House, Minimal, TechHouse, Trip-Hop, Glitch-Hop, Breaks, and occasionally gangster rap. These bang on all of these genres, minimal especially. I close my eyes and let the sensations take over, it's surreal. I feel like I'm standing an inch from the speaker rack at the club when I listen to these.

 

I turned on Pink Floyd - Time for my step dad, these even blew his mind. I've owned/listened to the following cans for quite some time: RP-HTF600, ATH-M50, Sennheiser HD 25-1 ii, VModa M80, Denon D1100, RP-DH1200, AKG Q702s. None of them even come close to the amount of bass these can produce. When your eyeballs are having trouble reading the **** on your LCD screen, you know you've entered the end game that is the SZ2000s. As HBB said: Believe the hype. Haters gonna hate, but these are it. Look no further. 


Edited by kswo - 6/23/14 at 8:07am
post #719 of 8078
Quote:
Originally Posted by kswo View Post

So I've had the chance to play with my SZ2000s for a while now. First impressions:

With no amp, these (obviously) are worthless. Anyone considering purchasing these to use off of a standard PMP, forget about it. If you have sound card that claims to have a headphone amp, you will be disappointed with the sound. I have a ASUS Xonar sound card and the output is NOT enough to drive these.
I am using a Fiio E12 amplifier, bass boost turned on, gain swich on.
Xonar DAC: 10hz-30hz +7db 60hz-100hz +2db.
Vol Knob @ 1:30 (70ish percent)
If you are looking for BASS, these are ******* BANGARANG. My ears give up before the SZ2000s begin to distort. Unbelievable. My girlfriend jumped in her chair when she first listened to these. I will quote her "Headphones shouldn't be able to do this!"
I played the track 'Massive Attack - Angel' and she went wide-eyed.

I read the hype, I saw the proof of bass but didn't know how intense it would be. HBB said the feeling these give you are a new sensation for headphones- he is absolutely right.

What I can tell you is this- at the level I listen to, my vision becomes blurry to the point to where the words I am typing begin to fuzz when the bass hits. I **** you not, I swear, that's how hard these hit. Another thing, if you hold your teeth close to eachother they will chatter. FINALLY, this is the bass I wanted and I got it. 

I listen to House, Minimal, TechHouse, Trip-Hop, Glitch-Hop, Breaks, and occasionally gangster rap. These rock the house on all of these genres. I turned on Pink Floyd - Time for my step dad, these even blew his mind. I've owned/listened to the following cans for quite some time: RP-HTF600, ATH-M50, Sennheiser HD 25-1 ii, VModa M80, Denon D1100, RP-DH1200, AKG Q702s. None of them even come close to the amount of bass these can produce. When your eyeballs are having trouble reading the **** on your LCD screen, you know you've entered the end game that is the SZ2000s. Believe the hype. Haters gonna hate, but these are it. Look no further.

Man, that is one awesome first impression of the SZ2000 you give there - I literally laughed out loud in relating to your description of how the experience of seismic bass assaults your senses when bass is EQ'd hard - you nailed it - an excellent and enthusiastic report of the mighty SZ2000's for sure biggrin.gif

One thing that is clearly apparent to me and for any basshead out there that is still unsure of these cans or indeed it's younger bro, the SZ1000 is that these cans use the Kelton method combined with carbon nano drivers, as HBB has so eloquently posted in much more detail earlier on in this thread. Unsure prospective SZ2000/1000 buyers - go check out how the Kelton method works and you will know for sure what lies in the heart of these beasts that make the bass roar so hard with high threshold if not peerless before any distortion starts - you may give up before these cans do for sure cool.gif
post #720 of 8078
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb3723 View Post


Man, that is one awesome first impression of the SZ2000 you give there - I literally laughed out loud in relating to your description of how the experience of seismic bass assaults your senses when bass is EQ'd hard - you nailed it - an excellent and enthusiastic report of the mighty SZ2000's for sure biggrin.gif

One thing that is clearly apparent to me and for any basshead out there that is still unsure of these cans or indeed it's younger bro, the SZ1000 is that these cans use the Kelton method combined with carbon nano drivers, as HBB has so eloquently posted in much more detail earlier on in this thread. Unsure prospective SZ2000/1000 buyers - go check out how the Kelton method works and you will know for sure what lies in the heart of these beasts that make the bass roar so hard with high threshold if not peerless before any distortion starts - you may give up before these cans do for sure cool.gif

I know I haven't heard any other high-end headphones before so I may be a little bit too excited about these, but I have NEVER heard headphones do this before!  A lot of the stuff I've read on other headphones gets extremely technical so a lot of it goes over my head. However, I've built L-Ports, Bandpass, etc boxes before, used tune calculators and all that jazz, so I was familiar with the kelton method; when looking through the technical details on these cans everything actually made sense to me. I'm just glad I can finally have that 'front row' experience inside of my home without annoying anyone.

 

CB, from your past posts it seems like you can get into electronic. Bang the mix below on the SZs when you get the chance! Classic oldschool Belgium rave mix, with a bit of a pitch tweak. I feel you would appreciate this! If you like it, I have a 192kbps (I know, not the best but better than youtube) of this mix.

 

 


Edited by kswo - 6/23/14 at 4:48am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")