or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") - Page 28

post #406 of 8087
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post
 

HBB, I own the D600 and not only is it a basshead certified beast (I listen to them out of vintage amps - epic with the loudness switch thrown) but they are also very good across the board.

 

So that said, when comparing some graphs last night, the D7100 has a fair amount MORE bass than the D600.  Did you test them?  Check this out.................

 

*disclaimer - I'm NO graph reader/believer/etc but for pure bass response I've found these to be useful in finding the sweet spot. 

 

 

 

 

These? Above?

 

 

 

Bass charts tell me how much a driver has been pre tuned after I have listened to it. I never see charts unless something seems amiss (never seen the one you showed till you showed it)  Off and e12 with my 2 tracks and the Beats track the 600 shined and they are not advertised as such. Seemed odd so I tried it v.s. the Raver and 7100 and for some reason it was still shining. I figured it would raise eyebrows since it's not the basshead set and not the expensive set....had not seen a chart though. (I have extreme bass slopes at 35-45Hz bump  and 60-75-80 mountain)

post #407 of 8087
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb3723 View Post

The updated top 10 extreme bass cans makes for interesting reading with a few cans I'd not expected to be listed such as the Audio Technica and Denons.

One can I am surprised not to see listed is the XB1000's cos those things hit hard and sandwich your face with two oversized marshmallow pads that cover virtually each side of your face which wrap around 70mm drivers.

I know first hand just how much bass meat the XB1000's pack and couple of my buddies couldn't handle these EQ'd up with Wiz Khalifa's on my level vibrating their faces into a squidgy mess.

One of my pals said he could feel his jaw bone vibrating and said he's never experienced anything like the bass that pummelled his cranium the way the XB1000's did - it was actually hilarious to see the expression on his face when I hit play and Wiz track drops with that subterranean heavy weight richness of power bass took him by surprise - he was just physically shocked by wtf is this - he lasted about 10 seconds before he couldn't take anymore, but later had another listen with EQ reduced to a more manageable level for him - lol biggrin.gif

The hit from the XB1000's is hard and profound but I've not heard the Audio Technica, Monster or Denon cans that are listed as top 10 hard hit players to comment whether the XB1000's are more deserved or not of any one of those cans current placements..

 

I cannot put cans up I haven't heard since putting together the list. I know the 1000 and asked before if you could do some physical demo like you did with the Black vibe.

 

A paper vibe test would be much appreciated. Your the XB1000 guy...Represent!!

 

**For everybody else:

 

I run a small business and do everything myself and still can go hit the beach or check 10 cans or go out to eat and have a full life that I share some of in my diary and still take time to do bass videos.

 

There is no ******* excuse beyond lazy.

 

That's why I'M the guy that came up with the Wiki

 

That's why I'M the guy that made a Top ten list while prior to that there was none for bassheads.

 

Easy to pick at **** other folks built.

 

You know how many folks have bought the SZ based on my very limited and specific advice? More than any one guy (not a rep or supremus or the like). Period. ******* PERIOD. Plenty of PM's to me about the SZ and other cans. Then there's lurkers.

 

How's the bass can by committee going in other threads?? Right? It cannot work if everybody needs their ******* ego stroked.

 

Put on your ******* big boy pants and take a ******* vid and stop acting like you got a bigger life than you do.

I got 24 hours in my day just like you. Man the **** up. 

 

 

 

Took 5 minutes.

Show me better.

 

70mm should do better, just put it up here and let's throw it on the list.


Edited by Hawaiibadboy - 6/8/14 at 8:09pm
post #408 of 8087
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilspeed111 View Post
 

Awesome! Unbelievable what these cans can do, I should really get my hands on one of these, my god my detox's don't even get close to that.

BTW Is it the mic, or are they distorting like crazy?

 

 

Edit: Oh my god..

I just found them for 60 euro's.

http://www.ep.nl/beeld_geluid/koptelefoon/hoofdtelefoon/jvc_ha_m_55_x_e_zwart_hoofdtelefoon?utm_source=vergelijk&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=vergelijk

There's are them right?! The one you used in the bass test?!

I have to have these.

 

Edit2: NVM Those are the 55's :(

 

Edit3: But, these are the right ones, right!?

 http://www.reichelt.nl/Various-Accessories/JVC-HA-MR77X/3//index.html?ACTION=3&GROUPID=875&ARTICLE=134554&SHOW=1&OFFSET=16&

 

Nah, it was a piece of aluminum that I put inside mine vibrating but not when on my head. When "Free aired" it would do that a bit but not on my head. At what point in the vid do you hear the distortion? I cut out the end where I amped it up more and the aluminum went crazy. Not the driver though. They are...for the price...and for Hip Hop...very impressive

post #409 of 8087
HBB, yes, those are the Denons I was referring to. I take it they didn't do as well as the D600.

post #410 of 8087
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post

HBB, yes, those are the Denons I was referring to. I take it they didn't do as well as the D600.

Just on my settings no. For whatever reason they accept and enjoy 35,45 and 60-80Hz better? I cannot extrapolate much beyond Hip Hop heads would like em a lot. More than the Raver.

You own the 600's?

Those thump pretty good bru:L3000:

They need some eq help...but....we all need a little help sometimes:D

post #411 of 8087
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post


those aren't the ones... The ones in the video are the sz2000. 

 

No the ones in the video are the 77x

post #412 of 8087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiibadboy View Post

Just on my settings no. For whatever reason they accept and enjoy 35,45 and 60-80Hz better? I cannot extrapolate much beyond Hip Hop heads would like em a lot. More than the Raver.
You own the 600's?
Those thump pretty good bru:L3000:
They need some eq help...but....we all need a little help sometimes:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiibadboy View Post

I cannot put cans up I haven't heard since putting together the list. I know the 1000 and asked before if you could do some physical demo like you did with the Black vibe.

A paper vibe test would be much appreciated. Your the XB1000 guy...Represent!!

**For everybody else:

I run a small business and do everything myself and still can go hit the beach or check 10 cans or go out to eat and have a full life that I share some of in my diary and still take time to do bass videos.

There is no ******* excuse beyond lazy.

That's why I'M the guy that cane up with the Wiki

That's why I'M the guy that made a Top ten list while prior to that there was none.

Easy to pick at **** other folks built.

You know how many folks have bought the SZ based on my very limited and specific advice? More than any one guy (not a rep or supremus or the like). Period. ******* PERIOD. Plenty of PM's to me about the SZ and other cans. Then there's lurkers.

How's the bass can by committee going in other threads?? Right? It cannot work if everybody needs their ******* ego stroked.

Put on your ******* big boy pants and take a ******* vid and stop acting like you got a bigger life than you do.
I got 24 hours in my day just like you. Man the **** up. 





Took 5 minutes.
Show me better.
+1+1. It took me like 15 minutes to set up my ghetto tape test, and record. Another 10 to upload. Doesn't take long at all. C'mon guys. Lets do it! Can't let HBB do all the work! Contribute to the bass! biggrin.gif and... Kilspeed? You did a paper test judging by how you said "my god my detox's don't even get close to that."? Y U NO RECORD AND POST?
post #413 of 8087
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post



+1+1. It took me like 15 minutes to set up my ghetto tape test, and record. Another 10 to upload. Doesn't take long at all. C'mon guys. Lets do it! Can't let HBB do all the work! Contribute to the bass! biggrin.gif and... Kilspeed? You did a paper test judging by how you said "my god my detox's don't even get close to that."? Y U NO RECORD AND POST?

There we go.

@cb3723

You got heavy bass credentials.

This is Not Hawaiibadboy's list.

Please test the XB1000 for the community that comments...the lurkers and the folks that think they **** but really don't know ****.

You got the hardware. I'm ready to do rev 2 of the list anytime.

 

Everybody. Give it a shot. Move that paper around and find the sweet spot. Regular printer paper (i have used the same one since the beginning and maybe need a new piece of paper:o)

 

It's a simple energy transfer display.

 

I have an account just for these things. I will PM anyone who requests the creds. Help make the list better with clear visuals the community can see and leave the adjectives for others. 

 

****...I'm so smart I forgot to test the sz1000....tha fuuuu??? I dunno?? I can use some critique. My skin is thick. I gotz the ADHD though and need the visual.


Edited by Hawaiibadboy - 6/8/14 at 8:25pm
post #414 of 8087
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post


+1+1. It took me like 15 minutes to set up my ghetto tape test, and record. Another 10 to upload. Doesn't take long at all. C'mon guys. Lets do it! Can't let HBB do all the work! Contribute to the bass! biggrin.gif and... Kilspeed? You did a paper test judging by how you said "my god my detox's don't even get close to that."? Y U NO RECORD AND POST?

In my case, things will be different:
15 minutes to set up,
3 minutes to fire up VPN.
10 minutes to wait for the videos to load.
10x minutes to record (with x being a variable for how many takes if the first one fails)
60 minutes to upload

Sorry guys, I'll have to back outta this thing for now. Hopefully Internet in the Philippines won't be as bad as I thought.
I will try to do the test...but how do we do it again? Put some paper over the earpads, tape them onto the pads, play the bass test, then record the results? Or do I have to, like, put a coin or something? I dunno how that will work because since you guys are 'Muricans, you use thin pennies.
post #415 of 8087
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBeatsguy View Post


In my case, things will be different:
15 minutes to set up,
3 minutes to fire up VPN.
10 minutes to wait for the videos to load.
10x minutes to record (with x being a variable for how many takes if the first one fails)
60 minutes to upload

Sorry guys, I'll have to back outta this thing for now. Hopefully Internet in the Philippines won't be as bad as I thought.
I will try to do the test...but how do we do it again? Put some paper over the earpads, tape them onto the pads, play the bass test, then record the results? Or do I have to, like, put a coin or something? I dunno how that will work because since you guys are 'Muricans, you use thin pennies.

 

This test was a fail for the cans but it shows what I do. Just gotta pinch the a4 printer paper with the opposing cup/pad. No tape. cut big enough to cover the pads.

Scissors, 1 piece of paper and your cans. no tape nothing else.

 

Why do you have to go through that epic to upload a vid to the sz channel?

 

 

 

 

This vid is the whole test explanation. Watch it. It's a piece of regular paper. Shown clearly in comparison with paper stock.


Edited by Hawaiibadboy - 6/8/14 at 9:20pm
post #416 of 8087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiibadboy View Post
 

 

This test was a fail for the cans but it shows what I do. Just gotta pinch the a4 printer paper with the opposing cup/pad. No tape. cut big enough to cover the pads.

Scissors, 1 piece of paper and your cans. no tape nothing else.

 

Why do you have to go through that epic to upload a vid to the sz channel?

 

 

 

 

This vid is the whole test explanation. Watch it. It's a piece of regular paper. Shown clearly in comparison with paper stock.

I don't know if you've been in the Skype thread, but simply put, China blocks Facebook, Youtube, even Google Search at times. I will have to use a VPN, and uploading anything -- anything at all -- will take forever because of that VPN. Right now, I can't see the videos you posted, beacuse China blocks YouTube. And right now, I'm too f'ing lazy to open up my VPN.

post #417 of 8087
Really been enjoying the Denons.

Hey bassheads, thought I'd share some music.


http://youtu.be/P1-7oQpFbwg

http://youtu.be/wrUaM5j01f8

Have any of you checked out the MDR-7502?
post #418 of 8087
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfunkt View Post

Really been enjoying the Denons.

Hey bassheads, thought I'd share some music.


http://youtu.be/P1-7oQpFbwg

http://youtu.be/wrUaM5j01f8

Have any of you checked out the MDR-7502?

 

Which Denon?

I just threw the 600's on my bass can list.

Very nice surprise. Better when pushed than their "Basshead" Raver series.

post #419 of 8087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiibadboy View Post

Which Denon?
I just threw the 600's on my bass can list.
Very nice surprise. Better when pushed than their "Basshead" Raver series.

The AH-D600. It's turned out to be a great headphone. It's bass depth give real weight to music. As an aside, I see Lifehacker posted the D600 on the top of one of their headphone lists:
http://lifehacker.com/are-beats-by-dre-headphones-any-good-1509805994
post #420 of 8087
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post

those aren't the ones... The ones in the video are the sz2000.

I think he's after the Xtreme Xplosives which sell for 60 Euros - HBB has made paper test video for it in action wink.gif
Edited by cb3723 - 6/9/14 at 12:05am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")