Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") - Page 69

post #1021 of 9100
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb3723 View Post


Yeah, I'm pretty stoked on these cans in anticipation already, and listen to a lot of hard trance, Tek House genre Armin Van Buuren plays, so its going to be interesting to hear how these cans are EQ tuned as essentially - these cans are custom sound signature curved for trance, by the worlds most renown trance DJ, which as a genre in itself, isn't exactly shy of bass cool.gif

I love that quick draw from folded to open novelty trick too - that feature is just pure appealing to the big kid in all of us factor - lol - in the Miami press conference event it's hilarious that it ended with Armin pulling repeat snap open demo's of the cans to the press audience.

Man, my fanboy itch is scratching hard right now - I may have to beat myself with sticks prior to posting my first impressions of these handsome 50mm trance injected marvels in order to remove any over gushings - lol biggrin.gif

Destiny bro.

Believe it.

 

I didn't get the snap demo as they were handed to me like a new born baby and was told no pics and my amp was waved off as he had a weird vocaloid basstronic mash-up qued up for me

No idea who Mr Armin was and saw the box but only 3500 input rating jumped out at me.

 

Came on here and discovered who he was at around the time you were researching the cans further.

 

He was all over this cans design and sound sig. Do you and him agree on what a trace capable dj friendly multi config can should look and sound like?? Your about to find out. 


Edited by Hawaiibadboy - 7/6/14 at 2:57am
post #1022 of 9100
Thread Starter 

Graph killa....

 

 

 

F.Y.I

 

About as obvious as saying water is wet...but.....here it goes.

 

Trust your ears  >   Everything else.

 

Videos

Graphs

Strangers opinions should all take a back seat to your own ears.

That goes without saying but I say it again

 

 

The more you know ....you!!

 

post #1023 of 9100

Hawai the JVC HA-MR77x what's the driver size is it 57mm or 59mm also I see you took down the yamaha's from the canon list on the wiki any reason why.

post #1024 of 9100
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ati832 View Post
 

Hawai the JVC HA-MR77x what's the driver size is it 57mm or 59mm also I see you took down the yamaha's from the canon list on the wiki any reason why.

 

I believe it's 57mm

 

The Yamaha have too little headroom with an amp.  The benefit of time and more listens. It hammers hard and sounds Top 10 in bass impact for me so far  maybe soon off the list.. it's a tuned driver like the list says and folks wanting cannons are imagining the impact like in the vid above. The Yamaha simply will not do that.

 

Also my 77 are modified.

They were cannon before that and now they are very close to the SZ series in just the low end. The vid don't lie. They really playback car audio test tracks with authority. I think all "cannons" should.

 

Thanks for watching the list btw.

 

Suggestions for my listening pleasure are always welcome:D

 

Your 700mk2 have been on the list for 2 months already.

 

Those can be amped higher than the Yamaha. 


Edited by Hawaiibadboy - 7/6/14 at 6:25am
post #1025 of 9100
Quote:
Originally Posted by ati832 View Post

Hawai the JVC HA-MR77x what's the driver size is it 57mm or 59mm also I see you took down the yamaha's from the canon list on the wiki any reason why.

Oops - my bad - I referred to them in recent earlier post as 59mm rather than 57mm - here's a pic I took a not too long ago I should have referred to wink.gif

b534a3b6_DSC_1450.jpeg
post #1026 of 9100

Haven't tried the JVCs.

Have to say the favorite bass I heard is the LCD2, and ear monitors of Future sonics, yes, it's an IEM!   

post #1027 of 9100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiibadboy View Post
 

You want me to name the users who said OMG this bass is melting my face!!!...

Or the other one who said the Pro 900 is absolutely smashing my head in.....

 

You want me to "out" folks? They are both on my block list but I can name them to you. You're coming close to calling me a liar in that red part. I bash them because the hype is not the reality and a test would prove it. My Q40 experience was horrible..HORRIBLE and not unique

 

I respect your opinion but trust me when I say as a guy who hunts extreme bass and everyone knows it.... those cans were described to me in that exact way. Assumptions should not be made with other folks money...ever...IMO.

 

I'd like to see the sea of bass they pump out......please:D 

Didn't mean to imply calling you a liar, bud. I just meant that people probably say things at head fi with a different perspective for bass than what you have since you have a difference background. With that said, you've made a really interesting thread that showcases some really cool stuff. 

 

On another topic, my Lafayette F 990 headphones arrived the other day. Some brief impressions...these things easily best the Pro 900s in terms of bass quantity. I knew how important driver size was but not as much as I do now. These 89mm drivers pounding my ears with 7dB bass boost really causes big vibrations I've never heard with the pro 900. It's overall sound quality is fantastic for a headphone I payed $20 for. It isolates rather well too. These things are insane for their cheap price and are easily powered by a smartphone, no amp needed due to their 8ohm impedance. They don't distort as easily as the pro 900s at all, but you can get them to distort after EQing past 9-10dB since they don't need much juice to begin with. Definitely worth a check out. I didn't video the paper test since I didn't have much time, but they definitely make that stuff dance like some other headphone vids in this thread. Really surprised no one has talked about these yet. I'll try doing a vid later when I have time.

 

EDIT: Forgot to mention these things play LOUD AS HELL and can easily double for those tiny portable speaker things people like using nowadays. I can just turn up the volume and have them around my neck and they fill up a small room easily.  


Edited by goldenSHK - 7/6/14 at 2:35pm
post #1028 of 9100

Whats a good price for the sz2000's used... i wanna HEAR the pro 900s vs the JVC's for myself

and i will have the pro700mk2's on hand too


Edited by zanderwebb - 7/6/14 at 6:14pm
post #1029 of 9100

If you guys are so much into heavy bass, you should look at buying a sub pac s1.

 

It basically allows you to feel the bass through your body, not just the headphones.

post #1030 of 9100

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLMekBfrFsX7NhgPYLvhDA1uBgkanR3i7v99Cmo6vpbc0a9Th3seriously? what in the world is this haha

post #1031 of 9100
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenSHK View Post

Didn't mean to imply calling you a liar, bud. I just meant that people probably say things at head fi with a different perspective for bass than what you have since you have a difference background. With that said, you've made a really interesting thread that showcases some really cool stuff. 

On another topic, my Lafayette F 990 headphones arrived the other day. Some brief impressions...these things easily best the Pro 900s in terms of bass quantity. I knew how important driver size was but not as much as I do now. These 89mm drivers pounding my ears with 7dB bass boost really causes big vibrations I've never heard with the pro 900. It's overall sound quality is fantastic for a headphone I payed $20 for. It isolates rather well too. These things are insane for their cheap price and are easily powered by a smartphone, no amp needed due to their 8ohm impedance. They don't distort as easily as the pro 900s at all, but you can get them to distort after EQing past 9-10dB since they don't need much juice to begin with. Definitely worth a check out. I didn't video the paper test since I didn't have much time, but they definitely make that stuff dance like some other headphone vids in this thread. Really surprised no one has talked about these yet. I'll try doing a vid later when I have time.

EDIT: Forgot to mention these things play LOUD AS HELL and can easily double for those tiny portable speaker things people like using nowadays. I can just turn up the volume and have them around my neck and they fill up a small room easily.  

Nice biggrin.gif

But I had to google "Lafayette F990" to understand what you were referring to http://wiki.faust3d.com/wiki/index.php?title=Lafayette_F-990

89mm driver headcans all the way from the 1970's still rocking the bass till today? cool.gif

That's one bass/paper test I'm looking forward to for sure wink.gif

edit: Wait a min - let me just think about this again.......89mm drivers! - maaan! L3000.gif
Edited by cb3723 - 7/6/14 at 7:21pm
post #1032 of 9100
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWerk View Post

If you guys are so much into heavy bass, you should look at buying a sub pac s1.

It basically allows you to feel the bass through your body, not just the headphones.

I just visited subpac's site - wow - looks pretty interesting, but they've sold out of the m1 and just have s1 in stock frown.gif

Automatically, I then assume the m1 is the best out of the two - just because it's unavailable anymore, but reading below review and thinking " real world" scenario - the s1 may be preferable for me as I can't see myself strapping myself into a m1 on a daily basis and like the article suggests - the m1 gives the impression of a terrorist - I'd hate to be cause of a swat team take down thinking I'm a suicide bomber - lol biggrin.gif

http://gizmodo.com/subpac-m1-review-a-subwoofer-you-wear-like-a-backpack-1474875799

Have you got one of these bass beasts yourself? smily_headphones1.gif
post #1033 of 9100
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderwebb View Post

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLMekBfrFsX7NhgPYLvhDA1uBgkanR3i7v99Cmo6vpbc0a9Th3seriously? what in the world is this haha

Wonder what would happen to the dude pictured if he strapped a s1 to his front as well? biggrin.gif
post #1034 of 9100
lol cb is gonna buy a new toy
post #1035 of 9100
Thread Starter 

Noooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

These major sites just...I dunno?...These would not make top ten bass...top 20....whittle that down by overall sonic delivery and they still don't make it.

Man.....would love to know what hardware and who the competition was? 

 

SMH

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")