That's out of the price range being considered. There two polls one for amps below $1000 and another for amps below $2000.
- brandALO Audiotagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productALO Audio The Pan Amtagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- brandAudezetagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- brandAudeze Brandtagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productAudeze LCD1tagged by DivergeUnify, 1/5/15
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by PTom, 4/29/14
- productAudeze LCD2 Rev. 2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by PTom, 4/29/14
- brandAudio Gdtagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productAudio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amptagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productAudio-gd NFB-6tagged by PTom, 5/3/14More
- productAudio-gd SA-31tagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- brandBottleheadtagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productBottlehead S.E.X. (Single-Ended eXperimenter's kit)tagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- brandCEntrancetagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- brandCENTRANCE Brandtagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productCEntrance DACminitagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- brandDarkvoicetagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productDarkvoice 336SEtagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- brandLake Peopletagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productLake People Phone-Amp 109-Stagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productLake People Phone-Amp G109-Ptagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- brandLittle Dottagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productLittle Dot MK VI+tagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productLittle Dot MK VIII SEtagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- brandMeier Audiotagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productMeier Audio Concertotagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productMeier Audio Corda Classictagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- brandNuForcetagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productNuforce ICON-DAC-BLACK Headphone Amp with USBtagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- brandNuforce Inctagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- brandSchiittagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- brandSchiit Audiotagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productSchiit Mjolnirtagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- brandViolectrictagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productViolectric HPA V200tagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- brandYulongtagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productYulong A18tagged by PTom, 5/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $1000-$2000 [POLL] Last post on 8/4/15 at 6:29am in High-end Audio Forum
- Beyer T1 vs Audeze LCD 2.2? Last post on 3/19/13 at 12:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Balanced amp for Beyerdynamic T1s Last post on 12/27/12 at 8:09pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Mini-review: Schiit Lyr Last post on 12/27/11 at 8:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/25/15
-Introduction- In the audiophile world, it’s not uncommon to see products promise to deliver great things, often at prices that undercut their competitors. The community loves to take these...
So I am fairly new to the audio world. The Monoprice 8323 was my second purchase on starting to get into headphones (after Superlux HD681 EVOs). I have had these headphones for about 6 months...
LEAR LHF-AE1d Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to LEAR for the sample. Brief: All of da pretty and they sound just as good too! Price: HK$1488 or atm £146 or...
The Edifier MP700 Rave Introduction Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION I'd watched the growth of MEE Audio over the years, first as Meelectronics, and then more recently as...
Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] - Page 3
Poll Results: Please select as many amps as you like from the following list that you find sounds spectacularly good with the LCD 2This is a multiple choice poll
197 Total Votespost #31 of 435/11/14 at 11:43pmThread Starter
7% of voters (14)Audio GD Master 9
0% of voters (1)Audio GD NFB-6
2% of voters (4)Audio GD SA-31SE
2% of voters (4)Audio GD NFB-28 (DAC/amp)
4% of voters (8)Centrance DACmini (DAC/Amp)
3% of voters (6)Lake People G109
5% of voters (11)Little Dot MKVI+
3% of voters (6)Little Dot MKVIII
3% of voters (7)Meier Classic
2% of voters (5)Meier Concerto
2% of voters (4)Nuforce Icon DAC (DAC/amp)
35% of voters (69)Schiit Lyr
24% of voters (48)Schiit Mjolnir
20% of voters (41)Violectric V200
2% of voters (5)Yulong A18
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 435/12/14 at 2:23ampost #33 of 439/27/14 at 12:41pmpost #34 of 439/27/14 at 2:54pmpost #35 of 4310/5/14 at 12:25ampost #36 of 431/21/15 at 5:58pmpost #37 of 435/22/15 at 8:15pmpost #38 of 436/26/15 at 11:28pm
Sorry to dig this thread up again, but can we now conclusively say that the Lyr (and maybe by extension, the Lyr 2) is the most popular amp in this price range with the LCD 2?
I'm surprised that the winner is a tube amp, I would have assumed that people would have enjoyed the LCD's sound signature, not want to alter it with tubes.post #39 of 436/28/15 at 6:07ampost #40 of 437/12/15 at 5:33pmQuote:
Lol. The Gustard H10 is pretty good with it for the price. But the Bottlehead SEX really rocks them.post #41 of 438/4/15 at 12:44pmpost #42 of 438/4/15 at 12:54pmpost #43 of 438/4/15 at 6:00pm
I bought the Audeze LCD-2 knowing that it didn't really need some mega$$$ amp ( i.e.McIntosh).
I have also used various preamp/integrated stereo amps (all having phone jacks) and it seems to do VERY well with them all
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL]
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 - Flagship ciem reload ! 3 minutes ago
- › Fulla (by) Schiit - News, photos, thoughts, impressions, etc. 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 4 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 5 minutes ago
- › Quiet Comfort or IEM? 6 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 8 minutes ago
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Cinder
- › Monoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone by 93EXCivic
- › LEAR LHF-AE1d hybrid fit earphones by mark2410
- › Edifier Rave MP700 by dnun8086
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Brooko
- › Edifier P220 In-Ear Chrome Design Headphones With Microphone - Blue by Hisoundfi
- › EasGear Morul U5 Waterproof Wireless Earbuds by James Mash
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by Pastapipo
- › YHC S600 by B9Scrambler
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by dlo13
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...