That's out of the price range being considered. There two polls one for amps below $1000 and another for amps below $2000.
- brandALO Audiotagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productALO Audio The Pan Amtagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- brandAudezetagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- brandAudeze Brandtagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productAudeze LCD1tagged by DivergeUnify, 1/5/15
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by PTom, 4/29/14
- productAudeze LCD2 Rev. 2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by PTom, 4/29/14
- brandAudio Gdtagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productAudio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amptagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productAudio-gd NFB-6tagged by PTom, 5/3/14More
- productAudio-gd SA-31tagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- brandBottleheadtagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productBottlehead S.E.X. (Single-Ended eXperimenter's kit)tagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- brandCEntrancetagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- brandCENTRANCE Brandtagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productCEntrance DACminitagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- brandDarkvoicetagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productDarkvoice 336SEtagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- brandLake Peopletagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productLake People Phone-Amp 109-Stagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productLake People Phone-Amp G109-Ptagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- brandLittle Dottagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productLittle Dot MK VI+tagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productLittle Dot MK VIII SEtagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- brandMeier Audiotagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productMeier Audio Concertotagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productMeier Audio Corda Classictagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- brandNuForcetagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productNuforce ICON-DAC-BLACK Headphone Amp with USBtagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- brandNuforce Inctagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- brandSchiittagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- brandSchiit Audiotagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productSchiit Mjolnirtagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- brandViolectrictagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productViolectric HPA V200tagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- brandYulongtagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productYulong A18tagged by PTom, 5/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $1000-$2000 [POLL] Last post on 8/4/15 at 6:29am in High-end Audio Forum
- Beyer T1 vs Audeze LCD 2.2? Last post on 3/19/13 at 12:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Balanced amp for Beyerdynamic T1s Last post on 12/27/12 at 8:09pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Mini-review: Schiit Lyr Last post on 12/27/11 at 8:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/25/15
This is my second attempt at using a portable amp (I returned my Fiio E12A for this). That was a good decision. The Cayin C5 is an absolute powerhouse. It can power IEM's and earbuds...
Introduction/Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for purpose of this review. I...
I've become a big fan of wireless headphones over the years with aptx codec, bluetooth 4.0 technology, and li-ion batteries becoming the standard. This allows more of the battery to be dedicated to...
Introduction Why am I here? Am I seeking an endgame all-in-one audio device? Am I seeking an amplifier for every conceivable, non-electrostatic headphone? Am I seeking a sound that will draw me...
Great quality to be expected of a Fiio product, the cable works as intended and feels nice in the hand. There`s no strain relief on the 30pin connector, perhaps it`s to increase pliability?...
Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] - Page 3
Poll Results: Please select as many amps as you like from the following list that you find sounds spectacularly good with the LCD 2This is a multiple choice poll
195 Total Votespost #31 of 435/11/14 at 11:43pmThread Starter
7% of voters (14)Audio GD Master 9
0% of voters (1)Audio GD NFB-6
2% of voters (4)Audio GD SA-31SE
2% of voters (4)Audio GD NFB-28 (DAC/amp)
4% of voters (8)Centrance DACmini (DAC/Amp)
3% of voters (6)Lake People G109
5% of voters (11)Little Dot MKVI+
3% of voters (6)Little Dot MKVIII
3% of voters (7)Meier Classic
2% of voters (5)Meier Concerto
2% of voters (4)Nuforce Icon DAC (DAC/amp)
34% of voters (68)Schiit Lyr
24% of voters (48)Schiit Mjolnir
21% of voters (41)Violectric V200
2% of voters (4)Yulong A18
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 435/12/14 at 2:23ampost #33 of 439/27/14 at 12:41pmpost #34 of 439/27/14 at 2:54pmpost #35 of 4310/5/14 at 12:25ampost #36 of 431/21/15 at 5:58pmpost #37 of 435/22/15 at 8:15pmpost #38 of 436/26/15 at 11:28pm
Sorry to dig this thread up again, but can we now conclusively say that the Lyr (and maybe by extension, the Lyr 2) is the most popular amp in this price range with the LCD 2?
I'm surprised that the winner is a tube amp, I would have assumed that people would have enjoyed the LCD's sound signature, not want to alter it with tubes.post #39 of 436/28/15 at 6:07ampost #40 of 437/12/15 at 5:33pmQuote:
Lol. The Gustard H10 is pretty good with it for the price. But the Bottlehead SEX really rocks them.post #41 of 438/4/15 at 12:44pmpost #42 of 438/4/15 at 12:54pmpost #43 of 438/4/15 at 6:00pm
I bought the Audeze LCD-2 knowing that it didn't really need some mega$$$ amp ( i.e.McIntosh).
I have also used various preamp/integrated stereo amps (all having phone jacks) and it seems to do VERY well with them all
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL]
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 48 seconds ago
- › Portable amp/dac for android & headphones 1 minute ago
- › Vibro Labs Introduction, USA tour, and Head-Fi discount! 3 minutes ago
- › Hello from Colorado...question regarding upsampling flac files from... 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Apogee Duet DAC ROCKS! 5 minutes ago
- › New iRiver AK70 7 minutes ago
- › Massdrop Fostex TH-X00 Ebony impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › World First! Massdrop x HiFIMAN Collaboration Announcement 9 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...