That's out of the price range being considered. There two polls one for amps below $1000 and another for amps below $2000.
- brandALO Audiotagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productALO Audio The Pan Amtagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- brandAudezetagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- brandAudeze Brandtagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productAudeze LCD1tagged by DivergeUnify, 1/5/15
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by PTom, 4/29/14
- productAudeze LCD2 Rev. 2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by PTom, 4/29/14
- brandAudio Gdtagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productAudio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amptagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productAudio-gd NFB-6tagged by PTom, 5/3/14More
- productAudio-gd SA-31tagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- brandBottleheadtagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productBottlehead S.E.X. (Single-Ended eXperimenter's kit)tagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- brandCEntrancetagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- brandCENTRANCE Brandtagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productCEntrance DACminitagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- brandDarkvoicetagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productDarkvoice 336SEtagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- brandLake Peopletagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productLake People Phone-Amp 109-Stagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productLake People Phone-Amp G109-Ptagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- brandLittle Dottagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productLittle Dot MK VI+tagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productLittle Dot MK VIII SEtagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- brandMeier Audiotagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productMeier Audio Concertotagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productMeier Audio Corda Classictagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- brandNuForcetagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productNuforce ICON-DAC-BLACK Headphone Amp with USBtagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- brandNuforce Inctagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- brandSchiittagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- brandSchiit Audiotagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productSchiit Mjolnirtagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- brandViolectrictagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productViolectric HPA V200tagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- brandYulongtagged by PTom, 5/3/14
- productYulong A18tagged by PTom, 5/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $1000-$2000 [POLL] Last post on 8/4/15 at 6:29am in High-end Audio Forum
- Beyer T1 vs Audeze LCD 2.2? Last post on 3/19/13 at 12:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Balanced amp for Beyerdynamic T1s Last post on 12/27/12 at 8:09pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Mini-review: Schiit Lyr Last post on 12/27/11 at 8:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/25/15
DUNU TITAN 5 Quick Review Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/806906/dunu-titan-5-review-by-mark2410 Brief: DUNU have triplets. Price: £95 or...
For larger (1200 x 800) images, click any pictureINTRODUCTION A lot of you will see the style and information with this review as being pretty similar to the one I did on the AM2. And the reality...
Brainwavz IntroABOUT USBrainwavz provides high-end earphones specifically designed for high-quality sound and tailor-made to provide the user with a solution that can be used across a wide range of...
Sound Blaster X G5 The Gaming device with everything* we asked for A Little Context The G5 is part of Creative's "Blaster X" gamer focused line, cued after the name of the X7. I loved the...
Intro TL;DR: The Brainwavz XF200 is, in and of itself, an excellent sports IEM that will go the extra mile with you and then some. Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora...
Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] - Page 3
Poll Results: Please select as many amps as you like from the following list that you find sounds spectacularly good with the LCD 2This is a multiple choice poll
190 Total Votespost #31 of 435/11/14 at 11:43pmThread Starter
6% of voters (13)Audio GD Master 9
0% of voters (1)Audio GD NFB-6
2% of voters (4)Audio GD SA-31SE
2% of voters (4)Audio GD NFB-28 (DAC/amp)
3% of voters (7)Centrance DACmini (DAC/Amp)
3% of voters (6)Lake People G109
5% of voters (10)Little Dot MKVI+
2% of voters (5)Little Dot MKVIII
3% of voters (7)Meier Classic
2% of voters (5)Meier Concerto
2% of voters (4)Nuforce Icon DAC (DAC/amp)
34% of voters (65)Schiit Lyr
25% of voters (48)Schiit Mjolnir
21% of voters (41)Violectric V200
2% of voters (4)Yulong A18
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 435/12/14 at 2:23ampost #33 of 439/27/14 at 12:41pmpost #34 of 439/27/14 at 2:54pmpost #35 of 4310/5/14 at 12:25ampost #36 of 431/21/15 at 5:58pmpost #37 of 435/22/15 at 8:15pmpost #38 of 436/26/15 at 11:28pm
Sorry to dig this thread up again, but can we now conclusively say that the Lyr (and maybe by extension, the Lyr 2) is the most popular amp in this price range with the LCD 2?
I'm surprised that the winner is a tube amp, I would have assumed that people would have enjoyed the LCD's sound signature, not want to alter it with tubes.post #39 of 436/28/15 at 6:07ampost #40 of 437/12/15 at 5:33pmQuote:
Lol. The Gustard H10 is pretty good with it for the price. But the Bottlehead SEX really rocks them.post #41 of 438/4/15 at 12:44pmpost #42 of 438/4/15 at 12:54pmpost #43 of 438/4/15 at 6:00pm
I bought the Audeze LCD-2 knowing that it didn't really need some mega$$$ amp ( i.e.McIntosh).
I have also used various preamp/integrated stereo amps (all having phone jacks) and it seems to do VERY well with them all
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL]
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Need Opinions on Fiio E07K VS Fiio E17 27 seconds ago
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 34 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 1 minute ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Bass crackling if not equalized... why? 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 2 minutes ago
- › Headphone Burn-in 2 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 2 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 5 by mark2410
- › FiiO AM5 - High Power Amplifier Module for X7 by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Truss - The All Metal Under Desk Dual Headphone Hanger... by Wokei
- › Creative Labs Sound BlasterX G5 by Evshrug
- › Brainwavz XFIT XF-200 In-Ear Sport Earbuds Noise Isolating... by thatBeatsguy
- › SONY MDRZX330BT/B Sony MDR ZX330BT - Headset - on-ear - wireless -... by Army-Firedawg
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by grizzlybeast
- › Schiit Gungnir by Aornic
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by meringo
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Aerosphere
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse