or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › amp / cable recommendations for fidelio x1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

amp / cable recommendations for fidelio x1

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
Hey all! I am fairly new to head fi and I was wondering which amps would be good for my fidelio x1. I like to use it for gaming and listen to hiphop,edm music. Currently i only have the creative sound blaster omni. Budget would be around 100 $ more or less. I've looked at the fiio products also but I don't know which ones would be best to get. Thanks!
post #2 of 11
Thread Starter 

bumpers

post #3 of 11
Thread Starter 

bump

post #4 of 11

You could use the line out on your Omni to go to any of Fiio's amps, it all depends on how much you want to pay. You should thus probably look at the e11 and e12. If you want a new cable, Mediabridge or Monoprice make great cables for the price.

post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodgey4 View Post

You could use the line out on your Omni to go to any of Fiio's amps, it all depends on how much you want to pay. You should thus probably look at the e11 and e12. If you want a new cable, Mediabridge or Monoprice make great cables for the price.

+1

If you are looking for a new headphone cable for the X1, I understand that some of the V-Moda cables work well.
post #6 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

+1

If you are looking for a new headphone cable for the X1, I understand that some of the V-Moda cables work well.
Ok v moda cable it is! Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodgey4 View Post

You could use the line out on your Omni to go to any of Fiio's amps, it all depends on how much you want to pay. You should thus probably look at the e11 and e12. If you want a new cable, Mediabridge or Monoprice make great cables for the price.

To be more specific, I am looking for something thatwould
post #7 of 11
Thread Starter 
Improve the bass,
post #8 of 11

I'm not sure what you mean by 'improve' the bass, that's a very subjective term. Getting a lower impedence cable may bring down the level of bass bloat, providing more detail and tightness. Both amps I suggested have bass boosts, but I'm already assuming you knew that. Please help me understand what you mean by 'improve' so I can further help you :confused:.

post #9 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodgey4 View Post

I'm not sure what you mean by 'improve' the bass, that's a very subjective term. Getting a lower impedence cable may bring down the level of bass bloat, providing more detail and tightness. Both amps I suggested have bass boosts, but I'm already assuming you knew that. Please help me understand what you mean by 'improve' so I can further help you confused.gif .

Sorry about that! I'm new to this and do not know how to properly describe the sound I want buy Yeah what I meant was a tiighter and more clear bass as I love to listen to bassy music and for games. (I could care less about positioning in games as I don't play fps, )
post #10 of 11
Thread Starter 
Bump
post #11 of 11
See these amp shootouts and then pick one based on the reviews and ratings (rankings come after the reviews):
http://www.head-fi.org/t/596482/the-sub-100-portable-amps-shootout-11-1-amps-compared
http://www.head-fi.org/t/620775/the-sub-200-portable-amps-shootout-13-11-amps-compared

You'll see the E11 does quite well for under $100. I have the C&C BH.

If you don't need a portable amp, the Schiit Magni is generally considered the best at ~$100.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › amp / cable recommendations for fidelio x1