or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › ROCK JAW Testers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ROCK JAW Testers - Page 21

post #301 of 1034
Thread Starter 

If we don't listen, we will end up being like so many others and that cannot happen in our book.

 

Our only regret is not joining here earlier!

 

You guys are the Tops!

post #302 of 1034
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post

Most Excellent Logo, I like it!

My package was waiting for me when I got home, DHL delivered it.

The valuation on the product was set at £30 which is $54.75 CAD. Canadian Border Services the thieves that they are decided I should pay GST & PST on that value. Then DHL dropped their handling fee of $15 for a grand total of $25...

I'll be filing a claim with the CBSA with all intentions of getting the tax refunded. This is a principal thing and nothing to do with money, I am just tired of the BS government grab that they do because most people will let it slide by in the Canadian way and say well that's life...

A little entertainment as well, it will cost them more to write the refund cheque. biggrin.gif

Now to get that box open!
beerchug.gif


It shows that they blatantly ignored the attached invoice that states its a sample and of NO COMMERCIAL VALUE, which I know was put in CAPS so as not too be missed. Seems like they just thought "Ah we will ignore that and charge him anyway":mad:

 

Go get 'em

post #303 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockbob View Post
 


It shows that they blatantly ignored the attached invoice that states its a sample and of NO COMMERCIAL VALUE, which I know was put in CAPS so as not too be missed. Seems like they just thought "Ah we will ignore that and charge him anyway":mad:

 

Go get 'em

I will indeed, they might have thought something funny though as the invoice lists QTY 6 Earphones / Headphones and there are only 5 items in the box. :blink:

 

All is good!

Gotta take some pictures and open up boxes!

 

Much Thanks and Cheers!

:beerchug:

post #304 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockbob View Post
 

**************** ALL TESTERS PLEASE READ ************************

 

OK guys PLEASE use the Hydra, Arcana and Kontrol as paperweights or as a pretty necklace as I am sending you all new sets.

 

Spent the day making some adjustments.

 

Have been looking at the drivers over and over and realised that was not the issue. It was the front end porting, or should I say lack of.

 

So im going to build you all some new sets and get them out this week along with the Acero.

 

I wont bother packaging the in-ears again and just jiffy bag them to you.

 

THEN, you can do some proper testing

 

Thanks for all your patients guys :beerchug:

 

Thank you very much Bob - you guys are legends, making adjustment based on feedback, this is what beta testing are all about

 

Well done sir...

post #305 of 1034

Well I I have spent a little time with them all...

 

I had big expectations for the Acero's and it is the first headphone I've used that has a very microphonic headband, yokes and cable. The adjusters rattle and seem loose but I understand that is getting changed in the next one. I have a big head so if the padded part of the headband was an inch longer on each side, it would lower the stainless band closer to my head since there is quite the large gap between the padding and the band and I have to have the arms almost fully extended.

 

Speaking of the cable, it has that nasty rubbery Monoprice feel to it and I am definitely not a fan of the cable.

 

It's late now so I'll just leave that there...

 

Till Tomorrow.

post #306 of 1034

Since the thread is a little slow...

 

These are very nice, I like them!

 

 

 

:beerchug: 


Edited by TrollDragon - 6/26/14 at 9:43pm
post #307 of 1034

Nice! Does the C3 make the bass roll off a little? 

post #308 of 1034
Yesterday when I initially tried them for a few minutes after the Arcana & Hydra they seemed to have very little bass, so I switched the filters and they even had less. Here we go, I thought, these are going to be interesting...

Tonight I decides to hook them up for a good session and installed the large tips and put the silver filters back on. Well bass, these have bass, a little to much for The Doors "LA Woman" album, I put the black filters back and settled down for 4 hours of various music. I ran them from the E17, E09K, C3 & E07K and finally the C3 by itself. All the EQ was flat on all devices. The more I listened the more I liked what I was hearing, these are very good to my old ears, I even wore them to the store and back. smily_headphones1.gif

I didn't find that the C3 rolled off any bass with Bob Marley's "Natural Mystic" or "Buffalo Soldier". I'll have to put the silver filters back on for some Infected Mushroom. basshead.gif

Tomorrow night I'll connect them to the X3 and see how they fare, I expect a nice rich sound with the FiiO as the C3 is a very flat and neutral player. The EQ on the C3 is absolutely useless so I run it without any enabled.
beerchug.gif
Edited by TrollDragon - 6/26/14 at 10:22pm
post #309 of 1034

TD - I already PM'd Bob on this - but what's your take on the filter?  I find the ebony ones a little too bass light, and the silvers a little too bass heavy.  I'm usually a "neutral-head" anyway.  I'd love a filter in the middle of the two of them ..... 

post #310 of 1034
Yes Brooko I fully agree, the silver's were too much for what I was listening to, I didn't play any EDM but I will try them tomorrow off the X3. It could end up being too much even for that.

You know my everyday cans are the DT880's so neutral is my main game as well, I could live with the black filters and be happy but one in between those two would be a nice third filter option.

We could call the black filter the AKG version. biggrin.gif
post #311 of 1034

I've removed my review to avoid any confusion with the updates.

 

(Mods, if you could entirely remove the entry that would be even better, thanks.)

 

 

RockBob, sounds as though you're happy a substantial improvement has been made by your modifications. If you prefer to send out updated units, I'll treat this a beta testing and will gladly help out, entirely your call.

post #312 of 1034
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoobis View Post

I've removed my review to avoid any confusion with the updates.

(Mods, if you could entirely remove the entry that would be even better, thanks.)


RockBob, sounds as though you're happy a substantial improvement has been made by your modifications. If you prefer to send out updated units, I'll treat this a beta testing and will gladly help out, entirely your call.

Sounds good to me.

Thank you
post #313 of 1034
I also felt like there should be a middle filter. It could be an Audio Technica woodie filter.
post #314 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoobis View Post

I've removed my review to avoid any confusion with the updates.

(Mods, if you could entirely remove the entry that would be even better, thanks.)


RockBob, sounds as though you're happy a substantial improvement has been made by your modifications. If you prefer to send out updated units, I'll treat this a beta testing and will gladly help out, entirely your call.
I would feel better acting as a beta tester at this stage as well.
post #315 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooko View Post
 

TD - I already PM'd Bob on this - but what's your take on the filter?  I find the ebony ones a little too bass light, and the silvers a little too bass heavy.  I'm usually a "neutral-head" anyway.  I'd love a filter in the middle of the two of them .....

   Quote:

Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post

Yes Brooko I fully agree, the silver's were too much for what I was listening to, I didn't play any EDM but I will try them tomorrow off the X3. It could end up being too much even for that.

You know my everyday cans are the DT880's so neutral is my main game as well, I could live with the black filters and be happy but one in between those two would be a nice third filter option.

We could call the black filter the AKG version. biggrin.gif

Try the "Silly Putty" Mod! :biggrin:

 

To see how you might like the sound, listen to music with the silver filters and while playing, cover up the tuning ports on the ends with your fingertips.  If, like me, you find that the bass decreases slightly but becomes much tighter and punchier while still letting the mids and treble shine, then get some tape or (in my case) silly putty or anything non-permanent and cover up the ports.  Then listen and see if you like the change.

 

I definitely did!:L3000:

Cheers!:beerchug:

-HK sends


Edited by HK_sends - 6/27/14 at 2:25pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › ROCK JAW Testers