or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › ROCK JAW Testers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ROCK JAW Testers - Page 16

post #226 of 1034

Acero review now posted and I'll be checking here to see if there's anything I can add. Edit: Please read the words, not just look at the rating :-)

 

Over the last couple of weeks a few things have come up that have prevented me from getting on with the Alfa Genus review. As such, in order to keep the timeliness, it's probably more useful for me to participate here rather than write a delayed full review but we'll see how it goes.


Edited by anoobis - 6/22/14 at 6:18am
post #227 of 1034
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoobis View Post
 

Acero review now posted and I'll be checking here to see if there's anything I can add.

 

Over the last couple of weeks a few things have come up that have prevented me from getting on with the Alfa Genus review. As such, in order to keep the timeliness, it's probably more useful for me to participate here rather than write a delayed full review but we'll see how it goes.

Hi anoobis,

 

I have read your review.

 

Thank you for taking the time to write in such detail your subjective review.

 

We appreciate the praise and criticisms and will wait and see all the other reviews to see if we need to tweak the drivers any further based on your comments.

 

This is the kind of feedback we do truly appreciate.

post #228 of 1034

I hope I've managed to provide a balanced critique, though, as you say, the opinions are completely subjective. I suspect there will be some genre bias to the reviews, it will be interesting to see.

 

On reflection, I've upped the rating. I would have preferred not to give a rating as I don't think it's helpful to distil reviews down to a coarse measure but the form insists. What's the reference for the rating, does it include preference? Exactly. At the original level, I think it may have been dismissed out of hand, and I don't think that's fair.

post #229 of 1034
OT I would love to get a pair of FA-011's but the shipping and order process is just too sketchy from the mfg's website...

Yes great new logo, we need a transparent background version in highrez so we can use it in our pics and posts, if that's cool. wink.gif
post #230 of 1034
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoobis View Post
 

I hope I've managed to provide a balanced critique, though, as you say, the opinions are completely subjective. I suspect there will be some genre bias to the reviews, it will be interesting to see.

 

On reflection, I've upped the rating. I would have preferred not to give a rating as I don't think it's helpful to distil reviews down to a coarse measure but the form insists. What's the reference for the rating, does it include preference? Exactly. At the original level, I think it may have been dismissed out of hand, and I don't think that's fair.


I would agree that it is balanced.

 

They will be more favour towards different genres as you discovered briefly in some of your listening. We deliberately tried not to make them to genre centric as this would alienate one group or another, but at the same time we had to chose one or another SS.

 

I think the Alfa Genus with the flat response filters would suit your musical preference, although you are the best judge of that.

 

The star rating can be misleading to an extent and if, like i have, read your review in detail, you can better understand the critique and I for one am not upset at anything you have wrote and relish the feedback. :beerchug: 


Edited by Rockbob - 6/22/14 at 6:23am
post #231 of 1034
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post


Yes great new logo, we need a transparent background version in highrez so we can use it in our pics and posts, if that's cool. wink.gif

Will get that sorted this week for you :cool:

post #232 of 1034
Post it here as well Bob biggrin.gif
post #233 of 1034
Thread Starter 

Will do

post #234 of 1034
Thread Starter 

I know you guys don't have this, but this will be the new ACERO packaging

 

post #235 of 1034
Oh dear! That's nice biggrin.gif

PS: would be nice of Rock Jaw can include a 3.5mm to 6.3mm jack and a carrying pouch for the Acero.
post #236 of 1034
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post

Oh dear! That's nice biggrin.gif

PS: would be nice of Rock Jaw can include a 3.5mm to 6.3mm jack and a carrying pouch for the Acero.


All going into the next production run ;)

post #237 of 1034
Very nice looking packaging Bob.

What are the headphones on your websites "Our-Story" page? Were they a prototype? The DJ swivel on them looks very useful and well machined.
post #238 of 1034
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post

Very nice looking packaging Bob.

What are the headphones on your websites "Our-Story" page? Were they a prototype? The DJ swivel on them looks very useful and well machined.

They are still in development stage. We have been evaluating prototypes and hope to have them all finished by the end of the year.

We also have 2 new sets of headphones for this years release also : )
post #239 of 1034
Much busy! I like it!

There is a big community of Bass Heads here that would jump all over some serious quality Bass cans, JVC SZ2000 types that they can EQ up the BOOM on.
basshead.gif
post #240 of 1034
Thread Starter 
Its never quiet here that's for sure. I think we have something in the range for bass heads as you will soon find out wink.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › ROCK JAW Testers