or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › ROCK JAW Testers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ROCK JAW Testers - Page 11

post #151 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooko View Post
 

T1 arriving in a few days.  These a week or so after.  Life is good ;)

Beyer T1? 

 

Have you demoed them beforehand and what are you planning to use to drive them? 

post #152 of 1034

Haven't demoed them - but got a nearly new pair for a good price.

 

At the moment I'll be using my NFB-12 and LD MKIV - both have no issues driving 600 ohm cans.

post #153 of 1034

The T1 is really a love/hate relationship. Personally I find the treble to be a little sharp, I love the HD800 though. You may want to get a more powerful amp. Sure, it drives the T1, but not to their full potential. I quite liked the bottlehead amps. 

post #154 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post
 

The T1 is really a love/hate relationship. Personally I find the treble to be a little sharp, I love the HD800 though. You may want to get a more powerful amp. Sure, it drives the T1, but not to their full potential. I quite liked the bottlehead amps. 

 

 

Have you tried the T1 with a LD MKIV?  I know two people who've used the combo - both loved it.  According to the specs it'll put up to 500 mW into a 600 ohm load.  Even if it only gets to 300-350 mW, it's more than enough to drive them well.

 

I was a big fan of the K701/2, DT880, and love my HD700 - also wish I'd never sold my SR325i - so I'm thinking the treble should suit me well.

 

Like I said earlier - both amps I have handled the 600 ohm DT880 with no issues - so I'm not expecting any problems.

 

This is going OT for this thread though - I'm equally as excited to hear the incoming RockJaw IEMs.  I'm expecting big things.

post #155 of 1034

Yeah, let's not go too OT. 

 

I don't see anybody being disappointed by the Alfa Genus. 

post #156 of 1034
Thread Starter 
Don't worry guys. Chat away. It will get back on topic in the end smily_headphones1.gif
post #157 of 1034

I do wish to see a more detailed picture of the unit itself, though xD Will be posting mine when it arrives. :popcorn: It seems like all the impressions are very positive ATM so good job RockJaw:D  and thanks for having this event for us :)

post #158 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post
 

I do wish to see a more detailed picture of the unit itself, though xD Will be posting mine when it arrives. :popcorn: It seems like all the impressions are very positive ATM so good job RockJaw:D  and thanks for having this event for us :)

What unit and pictures do you want?

I can take photos of the Alfa Genus and Arcana if needed.

post #159 of 1034
Thread Starter 
We can too. Have one or two kicking around wink.gif
post #160 of 1034
YES PLEASE! I have been waiting for it xD
post #161 of 1034
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post

YES PLEASE! I have been waiting for it xD

What do you want to see?
post #162 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockbob View Post

What do you want to see?

Weirdest request but am very very interested to see the filters xD not sure why haha
post #163 of 1034
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post


Weirdest request but am very very interested to see the filters xD not sure why haha

 

These OK?

 

 

 

 

post #164 of 1034
Glad to hear about the rest of us testers getting stuff shipped next week. I have been jonesing over these LOL.

Looking forward to more impressions in the mean time. smily_headphones1.gif
post #165 of 1034
Thanks RockJaw biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › ROCK JAW Testers