or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › FiiO E09K and E07K
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO E09K and E07K - Page 2

post #16 of 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post


I compared with iPhone > E09K, TV > E09K, iPhone > E07K, PC -> E07K & E09K, iPad -> E09K, iPad -> E07K.

As for soundstage, not very much, but does affect a little but can be noticeable with certain headphone.

Hope my review does not offend you frown.gif
Billson


My point was that unless you are doing a blind test where you don't know which device you are listening to, any claims about relative differences could be the result of placebo, which tends to run rampant in the headphone community. People tend to "hear" that certain things sound a certain way if they are expecting them to, and soundstage is such a nebulous concept that it is already pretty difficult to quantify and compare. 

As far as I know, perceived soundstage is dependent on the physical design of the driver enclosure and earpads (size, shape, pad material, driver size/shape/angle, open or closed back, etc.), as well as the actual frequency response of the driver. It seems like headphones with more treble emphasis tend to be said to have a "large soundstage" more than headphones with a large amount of bass. Therefore I could see an amp affecting the frequency response slightly which could have an effect on the perceived soundstage, but I would think it would be very minor since the major contribution to perceived soundstange seems to be from the headphone design itself.
For example, my K702 has a much larger soundstage than my SRH 840, but the drivers are also farther away from my ears and the pads are much larger on the inside on the AKGs, which seems to be the major contributor (in addition to the fact that they are open and the Shures are closed).

post #17 of 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddymydog View Post

So i am planning on buying the sennheiser HD650,,,i have a sansa fuse...will this amp combo work with my sansa (im a newbie lol)

I would get a better amp of you are going for an HD 650, maybe use the FiiO as a DAC and get something like a Woo WA3.

post #18 of 107

Well I own the E17 and the E09K, I must say the E09K done well with my pc and my Pro 900~ But sometime I think that the E09K can be a little bright to some headphones

post #19 of 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post

 You can only plug in 2 headphones at a time into this combo, otherwise, it will show error on your monitor.
 

Explanation?

Quote:

Originally Posted by destroyerryu View Post

 

Edit: The picture you used of the E07k + E09k is pretty bad since those are black-devices in black background making it hard to get a nice view of the devices.

Personally found the photo to be really pretty, but if the screen had been on, it would have come out better. Feels like a release photo (y'know, this being the only review, ever, on the combo).

post #20 of 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjolnir125 View Post


My point was that unless you are doing a blind test where you don't know which device you are listening to, any claims about relative differences could be the result of placebo, which tends to run rampant in the headphone community. People tend to "hear" that certain things sound a certain way if they are expecting them to, and soundstage is such a nebulous concept that it is already pretty difficult to quantify and compare. 
As far as I know, perceived soundstage is dependent on the physical design of the driver enclosure and earpads (size, shape, pad material, driver size/shape/angle, open or closed back, etc.), as well as the actual frequency response of the driver. It seems like headphones with more treble emphasis tend to be said to have a "large soundstage" more than headphones with a large amount of bass. Therefore I could see an amp affecting the frequency response slightly which could have an effect on the perceived soundstage, but I would think it would be very minor since the major contribution to perceived soundstange seems to be from the headphone design itself.

For example, my K702 has a much larger soundstage than my SRH 840, but the drivers are also farther away from my ears and the pads are much larger on the inside on the AKGs, which seems to be the major contributor (in addition to the fact that they are open and the Shures are closed).

Sorry to bring this up:
This is a DBT free forum.
Please read the posting guidelines, I wouldn't want this thread to get locked. biggrin.gif
post #21 of 107
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VXAce View Post

Explanation?
Personally found the photo to be really pretty, but if the screen had been on, it would have come out better. Feels like a release photo (y'know, this being the only review, ever, on the combo).

YAYYY thank you biggrin.gif The E07K battery was low (if I am not mistaken) when I took the photo. It's was taken on a sofa hehe

Explanation: if you plug in 3 headphones at a time, your screen on your PC will pop out an error message and the FiiO stack will stop working. I turned it off and removed one headphone in order for it to work again. I wanted to take a screenshot of the error message but was afraid FiiO stack will really give up on me this time haha... Apologize for not being clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post

Sorry to bring this up:
This is a DBT free forum.
Please read the posting guidelines, I wouldn't want this thread to get locked. biggrin.gif

Let's just say, there's subjective and objective. What I hear is what I written in the review xD I could understand some people may disagree as I didn't test this rig with headphones all over the world although I have used the E07K with quite a lot of headphones before xD
post #22 of 107
Can i ask, can the USB DAC of the E07K be used with a phone, like a samsung? Also which is better, E07K or E11? I want as flat and transparent SQ as possible. I will be using the amp with a sansa clip zip, and any improvement in SQ is welcome, as I can hear even the tiniest differences from one headphone to the next e.g. ATH-M50 vs ATH-M50x. Many people on this head fi forum cannot hear a difference but i can.
post #23 of 107
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripBitShooter View Post

Can i ask, can the USB DAC of the E07K be used with a phone, like a samsung? Also which is better, E07K or E11? I want as flat and transparent SQ as possible. I will be using the amp with a sansa clip zip, and any improvement in SQ is welcome, as I can hear even the tiniest differences from one headphone to the next e.g. ATH-M50 vs ATH-M50x. Many people on this head fi forum cannot hear a difference but i can.

The E07K's is a USB DAC so it only works with USB unless you use a USB OTG for your Samsung, you can only use its amp section via 3.55mm line in and 3.5mm of your Sansa or Samsung headphone jack. Keep in mind the double amping effect though, and remember to turn your sansa and samsung volume to max. 

 

The E07K uses more or less, similar amp as E6 so it is for sure, no better than E11. I am not sure what Samsung smartphones you are talking about as Samsung has a wide range of them. I'd say look into FiiO E18 if you wish to bypass the DAC [again, it should be compatible with your Samsung smartphones, check on FiiO website for the list]

 

Hope it helps

Billson :)

post #24 of 107
So the E11 is better? Flatter and more transparent sound? I wanted to get E12 but EMI and hiss is quite bad. Btw, is USB OTG a cable with USB and 3.5mm jack or USB to another USB e.g. Micro-USB?
post #25 of 107
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripBitShooter View Post

So the E11 is better? Flatter and more transparent sound? I wanted to get E12 but EMI and hiss is quite bad. Btw, is USB OTG a cable with USB and 3.5mm jack or USB to another USB e.g. Micro-USB?

Which model of Samsung are you mentionng? It's USB to another USB for USB OTG smily_headphones1.gif

The E11 is for sure better than E07K but I am not sure if they are transparent as I have never tried it personally. Keep in mind, the E11 lacks DAC.
post #26 of 107
Yeah okay... SQ wise if i get the OTG which would be better? I use a samsung S5
post #27 of 107
What is the difference if I have a DAC or not, comparing between both the E07K and the E11?
post #28 of 107
Is the part that goes into the amp a USB or micro USB? If the part that goes into the amp is normal USB then i alrdy have a cable
post #29 of 107
Thread Starter 
DAC = Digital to Analog Converter. Our files are saved in Digital and what we hear is Analog. We need one, to convert our file from Digital to Analog.
Amp = Amplifier. Something like a power source, to power something, a headphone amplifier is to power headphones. To give an example, you need a battery to power your smartphone.

I am not 100% sure if the S5 can make use of E18 function as it is a new device and I doubt anyone have tested it. If you were to go for USB OTG, you are bypassing, both DAC & amp of S5 and uses the external amp/DAC. If you were to use S5 headphone jack, you are double amping. Double amping is where the headphone (in this case) is amplified twice. It may cause unwanted noise. Usually, if you wish to go for double amping, it is recommended to max the S5 volume and use the external amplifier to adjust the volume.

Billson smily_headphones1.gif
post #30 of 107
Thanks for the good advice. I alrdy knew that the DAC is a digital to analogue converter, but your concise explanation has helped to clear up all my confusion from reading countless different sites.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › FiiO E09K and E07K