or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Headphone Recommendations to go with Magni & Modi
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Headphone Recommendations to go with Magni & Modi - Page 2

post #16 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post
 

It is the synergy doing the magic! xD

 

This synergy, is it something like shoot ​and hope for  :angry_face: ?

 

I'm confused and skeptical and having second thought about this schiit stack

or is it maybe my head is the problem!    


Edited by shksa - 4/28/14 at 9:18am
post #17 of 27
I don't think you are supposed to check the speaker properties if you are changing M&M... Idk

Or maybe your brain is getting used to the sound xD

A good synergy is pairing with an amp and headphone that you like where as bad synergy is bad pairing of amp and headphone smily_headphones1.gif
post #18 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post

I don't think you are supposed to check the speaker properties if you are changing M&M... Idk

Or maybe your brain is getting used to the sound xD

A good synergy is pairing with an amp and headphone that you like where as bad synergy is bad pairing of amp and headphone smily_headphones1.gif

 

Isn't the way to get the best SQ out of the DAC is to choose 24 bit 96000 hz? and thank u for bearing with me so far

 

I knew what you meant by synergy, I'm just being sarcastic, cos I missed :atsmile: 

post #19 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by shksa View Post
 

 

Isn't the way to get the best SQ out of the DAC is to choose 24 bit 96000 hz? and thank u for bearing with me so far

 

I knew what you meant by synergy, I'm just being sarcastic, cos I missed :atsmile: 

haha xD there are higher resolution xD 

 

Have you tried playing with the EQ setting on Foobar/itunes? I love playing with it from time to time hehe

post #20 of 27
Do yourselves a favour - get a good parametric EQ. Life will never be the same.
post #21 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorrofox View Post

Do yourselves a favour - get a good parametric EQ. Life will never be the same.

 

Can you guide a newbie through?

post #22 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by shksa View Post

Can you guide a newbie through?

1) find out what is lacking to your current rig or find out something that is emphasised to your ear
2) increase that region or reduce it
3) if step 2 didn't work, retry. If it work, proceed to 4
4) play your favorite track and smile away smily_headphones1.gif
post #23 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by shksa View Post

Can you guide a newbie through?

It really depends what software you're using. My areas of expertise are Neutron (Android) & JRiver (Mac).

It really is trial & error. If you research the FR of your headphones before listening you will have issues. Much better to listen and see if you can identify a problem and only then try to confirm it with FR graphs. Placebo plays a huge part in EQ. Be careful & only make one adjustment at a time.
post #24 of 27
Thread Starter 

Many thanks Bellson and Zorrofox

 

I'm using foobar and windows media player, do you recommend any parametric EQ for any one of them.

 

BTY, I decided to go with the X1, I placed an order just now, I hope it will put a big smile on my face. :atsmile:

post #25 of 27
I think Foobar allows parametric EQ, just can't remember if it's native or not. It could be via a plug-in. I'm on OSX, sorry. Don't use WMP if you have Foobar.
post #26 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by shksa View Post

Many thanks Bellson and Zorrofox

I'm using foobar and windows media player, do you recommend any parametric EQ for any one of them.

BTY, I decided to go with the X1, I placed an order just now, I hope it will put a big smile on my face. atsmile.gif

Your welcome smily_headphones1.gif do report back on what you think about the X1 with your set up xD

Don't use the window media player when you have the Foobar, indeed. The Foobar is far better IMO
post #27 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post


Your welcome smily_headphones1.gif do report back on what you think about the X1 with your set up xD

Don't use the window media player when you have the Foobar, indeed. The Foobar is far better IMO

of course, I'll do that.

 

until then :atsmile: 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Headphone Recommendations to go with Magni & Modi