or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Looking for Indoor Headphones.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Looking for Indoor Headphones.

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 

Hello, I'm relatively new to Head-Fi. I am looking for some recommendations regarding headphones that I will be primarily using at home. My price range is up to $300. The kind of music I listen to is Hip Hop, R&B, Rock, Soft Rock and other modern music. My ideal headphone would be something with good bass, but nothing too overpowering as well as crystal clear mids and highs.

 

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

post #2 of 13

Hi,

 

You should consider Philips Fidelio X1. You can read a lot about them in this forum.

 

Best Luck!

post #3 of 13
Thread Starter 

Thanks so much for the recommendation! I've heard quite a bit about them. I own the Philips Uptown, but I've always wanted an upgrade for home use. I will definitely look into them.

post #4 of 13
Yamaha hph200
Soundmagic hp200
Hifiman he300
post #5 of 13
Pair those up with an audioquest dragonfly or fiio e7 and yay
post #6 of 13
Thread Starter 

I appreciate all the recommendations! I certainly needed them since I have way too many portable headphones that I neglected the fact that I listen to music 75% of the time at home. Do any of you guys know if Audio Technica ATH-M50 has any good bass? I've read that they've come out with a newer version that has detachable cables. They do look pretty darn tempting.

post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackwellTheMan View Post

I appreciate all the recommendations! I certainly needed them since I have way too many portable headphones that I neglected the fact that I listen to music 75% of the time at home. Do any of you guys know if Audio Technica ATH-M50 has any good bass? I've read that they've come out with a newer version that has detachable cables. They do look pretty darn tempting.
Alternatives to m50
Donscorpio dolphin
M audio q40
Onkyo es hf 300
post #8 of 13
Get the HE-400. Amazing bass quality and detail resolution. But you probably would want sn amp.
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by zunehdrocks View Post

Alternatives to m50
Donscorpio dolphin
M audio q40
Onkyo es hf 300
Theres also the soundmagic hp100 and nad visio hp50
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by zunehdrocks View Post

Theres also the soundmagic hp100 and nad visio hp50
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/innerfidelitys-wall-fame-full-size-sealed
post #11 of 13
Thread Starter 

I'm a big fan of the look of the AKG K550. They look like my ideal set of indoor headphones. This is my first time hearing about the Sound Magic brand, however. How would you describe the sound quality for a wide variety of modern genres/music?

post #12 of 13
I haven't heard the HP100s, but they are regularly described as fairly neutral: http://noblehifi.blogspot.com/2012/10/soundmagic-hp100-review.html
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackwellTheMan View Post

I'm a big fan of the look of the AKG K550. They look like my ideal set of indoor headphones. This is my first time hearing about the Sound Magic brand, however. How would you describe the sound quality for a wide variety of modern genres/music?
I havent heard them myself but most people say it is a fun near neutral headphone.
http://www.head-fi.org/products/soundmagic-hp100-premium-over-the-ear-folding-headphones-black
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Looking for Indoor Headphones.