- 115 Posts. Joined 2/2014
- Location: Des Moines, Iowa, United States
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Want to upgrade from Shure 535 Last post on 6/26/14 at 3:20am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Shure SE535 vs Bowers & Wilkins P7 Last post on 6/6/14 at 2:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Bowers&Wilkins P7 vs Philips Fidelio X1 Last post on 9/7/14 at 12:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats Solo 2: Is the Head-Fi community willing to give these a fair chance? Last post on Today at 9:26 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- my music rig for 2014 Last post on 8/9/14 at 11:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Why does my gaming headset sound better
Gear mentioned in this thread:
By better you mean that it sounds louder and "richer"?
I have Mr.brightside in FLAC , the one file is cd rip , the other is vinyl rip (x2 the size of the cd rip) both are lossless and not cutoffs , well somehow I prefer the cd rip better :S so I would like an explanation other that "your ears suck, get lost" :P
I use x5 and p5 or w40.
Ps. Vinyl rip is more detailed and smooth, sorry I don't know the terminology yet so I'm sorry if these make no sense :/
Edited by efib - 4/24/14 at 11:08am
The A50's are just richer , louder, and more like you are there....I just don't get it. It may be from the huge base of it?
Are you saying it sounds like the music isn't right there in front of you, but actually further away? If so you might be hearing a larger soundstage and confusing it with the music sounding distant.
Yes, so I guess that everyone is experiencing that but the not "noble" ears don't like it?
I can see that it's more detailed and I gave to a friend of mine for a blind test and noticed that the vinyl rip was more detailed and could actually hear everything better while with the cd rip she couldn't separate the sounds.
- Why does my gaming headset sound better
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 8 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 15 seconds ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 26 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › The Nickerfied Fostex T50RP...................... Impressions/... 2 minutes ago
- › Help with MP3 vs. WAV for best quality audio 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 4 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 4 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › beyerdynamic DTX 350 p Portable Headphones by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)