- 115 Posts. Joined 2/2014
- Location: Des Moines, Iowa, United States
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Want to upgrade from Shure 535 Last post on 6/26/14 at 3:20am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Shure SE535 vs Bowers & Wilkins P7 Last post on 6/6/14 at 2:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Closed headphones vs IEM? Last post on 12/4/13 at 1:10am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good non-leaking over ear headphones for office use (~$400) Last post on 2/15/15 at 12:09am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Endgame portable over ear advice (please help!!) Last post on 2/2/15 at 9:18pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Level: Amateur Mostly Experience: First Personal Pair We can all agree it's been reviewed too much? Good. My turn please... I'm aware of the reputation these carry, how audio should sound...
I wrote this on Amazon, thought I'd share it with you all. Please, ask questions. Audio Technica has crafted a pair of headphones that might make you second guess your pair of MX50s, or any...
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
My Amazon Review: I've owned many pieces of high end home audio over the years. Brands like Dali, Audio Research, Krell, Melos, and others. I expect a lot from my gear. In this case, one of the...
About me: I am not an audiology, sound expert or anything professional about audio of short. I am simply just a consumer with a lot of love for musics for years....I purchased this pair, and Would...
Why does my gaming headset sound better
Gear mentioned in this thread:
By better you mean that it sounds louder and "richer"?
I have Mr.brightside in FLAC , the one file is cd rip , the other is vinyl rip (x2 the size of the cd rip) both are lossless and not cutoffs , well somehow I prefer the cd rip better :S so I would like an explanation other that "your ears suck, get lost" :P
I use x5 and p5 or w40.
Ps. Vinyl rip is more detailed and smooth, sorry I don't know the terminology yet so I'm sorry if these make no sense :/
Edited by efib - 4/24/14 at 11:08am
The A50's are just richer , louder, and more like you are there....I just don't get it. It may be from the huge base of it?
Are you saying it sounds like the music isn't right there in front of you, but actually further away? If so you might be hearing a larger soundstage and confusing it with the music sounding distant.
Yes, so I guess that everyone is experiencing that but the not "noble" ears don't like it?
I can see that it's more detailed and I gave to a friend of mine for a blind test and noticed that the vinyl rip was more detailed and could actually hear everything better while with the cd rip she couldn't separate the sounds.
- Why does my gaming headset sound better
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 32 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015: X2 -partial-,... 44 seconds ago
- › ROCK JAW Testers 52 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation +... 1 minute ago
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STX II 2 minutes ago
- › Dark Voice 339 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by ahnvx
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by LonghornTech
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2