- 115 Posts. Joined 2/2014
- Location: Des Moines, Iowa, United States
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Want to upgrade from Shure 535 Last post on 6/26/14 at 3:20am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Shure SE535 vs Bowers & Wilkins P7 Last post on 6/6/14 at 2:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Bowers&Wilkins P7 vs Philips Fidelio X1 Last post on 9/7/14 at 12:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats Solo 2: Is the Head-Fi community willing to give these a fair chance? Last post on 10/19/14 at 6:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Wireless Earplugs Last post on 8/16/14 at 11:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Why does my gaming headset sound better
Gear mentioned in this thread:
By better you mean that it sounds louder and "richer"?
I have Mr.brightside in FLAC , the one file is cd rip , the other is vinyl rip (x2 the size of the cd rip) both are lossless and not cutoffs , well somehow I prefer the cd rip better :S so I would like an explanation other that "your ears suck, get lost" :P
I use x5 and p5 or w40.
Ps. Vinyl rip is more detailed and smooth, sorry I don't know the terminology yet so I'm sorry if these make no sense :/
Edited by efib - 4/24/14 at 11:08am
The A50's are just richer , louder, and more like you are there....I just don't get it. It may be from the huge base of it?
Are you saying it sounds like the music isn't right there in front of you, but actually further away? If so you might be hearing a larger soundstage and confusing it with the music sounding distant.
Yes, so I guess that everyone is experiencing that but the not "noble" ears don't like it?
I can see that it's more detailed and I gave to a friend of mine for a blind test and noticed that the vinyl rip was more detailed and could actually hear everything better while with the cd rip she couldn't separate the sounds.
- Why does my gaming headset sound better
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Band Name Game II 30 seconds ago
- › CanJam at RMAF 2014 impressions 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 4 minutes ago
- › Asus STX II Vs Creative ZXR 5 minutes ago
- › Current Mode Amplifiers, how do they work? 7 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 8 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 8 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 11 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)