- 174 Posts. Joined 2/2014
- Location: Des Moines, Iowa, United States
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Want to upgrade from Shure 535 Last post on 6/26/14 at 3:20am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Shure SE535 vs Bowers & Wilkins P7 Last post on 6/6/14 at 2:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Closed headphones vs IEM? Last post on 12/4/13 at 1:10am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bowers & Wilkins P7 - SOLD Last post on 5/21/15 at 8:05am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Good non-leaking over ear headphones for office use (~$400) Last post on 2/15/15 at 12:09am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Why does my gaming headset sound better
Gear mentioned in this thread:
By better you mean that it sounds louder and "richer"?
I have Mr.brightside in FLAC , the one file is cd rip , the other is vinyl rip (x2 the size of the cd rip) both are lossless and not cutoffs , well somehow I prefer the cd rip better :S so I would like an explanation other that "your ears suck, get lost" :P
I use x5 and p5 or w40.
Ps. Vinyl rip is more detailed and smooth, sorry I don't know the terminology yet so I'm sorry if these make no sense :/
Edited by efib - 4/24/14 at 11:08am
The A50's are just richer , louder, and more like you are there....I just don't get it. It may be from the huge base of it?
Are you saying it sounds like the music isn't right there in front of you, but actually further away? If so you might be hearing a larger soundstage and confusing it with the music sounding distant.
Yes, so I guess that everyone is experiencing that but the not "noble" ears don't like it?
I can see that it's more detailed and I gave to a friend of mine for a blind test and noticed that the vinyl rip was more detailed and could actually hear everything better while with the cd rip she couldn't separate the sounds.
- Why does my gaming headset sound better
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FIIO X5 2nd gen firmware FW1.0 53 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › The Somic Thread--50mm driver open air full size cans pop out of... 3 minutes ago
- › The Best Noise Cancelling (ANC) Bluetooth Headphones "discussion... 4 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 8 minutes ago
- › Definitive technology (DefTech) symphony 1 10 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 10 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 12 minutes ago
- › The Little Dot Mk IV / SE Appreciation Thread 13 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 13 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3