or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Fun in-ear monitors for $100
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fun in-ear monitors for $100

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 

I guess title says it all. I'm looking for some fun listening IEMs for less than $100. I have a pair of Fidelio X1s and I love these headphones so I'm looking for a sound signature that's close to them. I previously had a pair of Klipsch Image s4ii and I kind of liked the amount of bass on them but the rest was kind of dull. What do you guys think?

post #2 of 11
Have you seen joker's reviews?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-314-iems-compared-olasonic-flat-4-nami-added-04-13-14-p-894

BTW: If you want an inexpensive pair which joker reviews better than the Klipsch, read about the Velodyne Vpluse. You can get the Donscorpio Bass Colurs for $35. It seems that Donscorpio may be the OEM for the Vplulse. I don't know if it's the same as the X1s, though.
post #3 of 11
Shure se215
post #4 of 11

Shure SE115m.

 

Goes in deeper than the SE215 (the new SE215/315/425/535 have fit issues for a lot of people b/c they don't go into the ear canal as much). Also the Shure SE115m has a microphone for the cable. I've found that the dynamic driver in the SE115 is better than the SE215, especially in terms of bass (though both do have a lotta bass considering most shures are completely neutral). Except for the detachable cable, the SE215 seems a step backwards from the SE115, despite the name. 

post #5 of 11

They also sound more "fun" than Shure's higher end models, because of the dynamic vs BA drivers, which are almost completely neutral in the SE425/535 (but not to the point of an ER4S).

post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradofan1 View Post
 

Shure SE115m.

 

Goes in deeper than the SE215 (the new SE215/315/425/535 have fit issues for a lot of people b/c they don't go into the ear canal as much). Also the Shure SE115m has a microphone for the cable. I've found that the dynamic driver in the SE115 is better than the SE215, especially in terms of bass (though both do have a lotta bass considering most shures are completely neutral). Except for the detachable cable, the SE215 seems a step backwards from the SE115, despite the name. 


Most people say that the 215s are an upgrade over the 115

http://www.head-fi.org/t/588015/shure-se215-vs-se115

post #7 of 11

If you want to sacrifice some bass and isolation for clarity, theres the yamaha eph100

post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by zunehdrocks View Post
 


Most people say that the 215s are an upgrade over the 115

http://www.head-fi.org/t/588015/shure-se215-vs-se115

That's mostly because of the detachable cable. But the cable itself costs $35 direct from shure so it doesn't really matter anyways. I was just talking about comfort, fit, and driver clarity.

 

Don't get me wrong, the SE215's are great (I own 2 pairs), but I just think the SE115 is better overall... just my $.02

post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradofan1 View Post
 

That's mostly because of the detachable cable. But the cable itself costs $35 direct from shure so it doesn't really matter anyways. I was just talking about comfort, fit, and driver clarity.

 

Don't get me wrong, the SE215's are great (I own 2 pairs), but I just think the SE115 is better overall... just my $.02

http://www.head-fi.org/products/shure-se215

http://www.head-fi.org/products/shure-se115-sound-isolating-earphones

post #10 of 11

Save up about 300.00 and start there........you will be glad you did in the long run.

post #11 of 11
Thread Starter 

Ok I've been looking around the web for some earbuds in the $75 - $125 price range. I've looked at the Velodyne Vpulse, Hifiman RE-400, Philips Fidelio S1/S2 and the Shure SE215 (there are some versions of these, don't know if they are different designs/colors or completely different versions). Out of this list I like the design of the S2s and it has some good reviews around the web. I see that I could get them for $100 in amazon (the white one) and if it's something close to the Fidelio X1 I arleady own then I'll probably get these. The vpulse seem to be bass oriented which I may like but I'm not sure but have heard good thing about them too. Don't know much about the RE400 and the SE215 but I see they are liked by a lot of people. Is the difference between all these that big? If now then I'll probably get the S2s since I love their design and seem high quality

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Fun in-ear monitors for $100