Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) - Page 7

post #91 of 1048
I use the hardware EQ on the Fiio E11 and also occasionally the software EQ in Poweramp for Android.
post #92 of 1048

I use Viper4Android with Dynamic Bass or Viper Bass, depending on the IEM (SD3, IE80, XBA4). Best DSP for me after the one I was used on the J3.

post #93 of 1048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Migou67 View Post
 

I use Viper4Android with Dynamic Bass or Viper Bass, depending on the IEM (SD3, IE80, XBA4). Best DSP for me after the one I was used on the J3.

+1.

 

If you're at home, you might want to give Viper4Windows a try. That is, unless you have a Mac. :D

post #94 of 1048
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

Do many of you guys use EQ/boosting to get your desired bass level?

 

Or would you prefer to not use EQ at all?

Yeah I often EQ where possible. I'm not overly dependant on EQ:ing though. I manage just fine not EQ:ing Spotify for instance.

post #95 of 1048
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBeatsguy View Post
 

+1.

 

If you're at home, you might want to give Viper4Windows a try. That is, unless you have a Mac. :D

 

I'm in dual boot with win7/ubuntu14.04 and I already have installed V4Windows that I use with an iBasso D7, thanks ;) 

post #96 of 1048
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBeatsguy View Post
 

That is, unless you have a Mac. :D

 

Is there any EQ available for OSX?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post
 

I manage just fine not EQ:ing Spotify for instance.

 

If you ever need to use it, Equalify is pretty good (Windows only):

http://www.equalify.me/

post #97 of 1048
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

 

Is there any EQ available for OSX?

 

 

 

If you ever need to use it, Equalify is pretty good (Windows only):

http://www.equalify.me/

I used to have equalify before but I found it buggy. Is it any better nowadays?

 

The E18 has a bass switch as you know, so it's for the most part just fine for me, even though for some songs I'd love to up my bass a lot more. 

post #98 of 1048
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post
 

I used to have equalify before but I found it buggy. Is it any better nowadays?

 

The E18 has a bass switch as you know, so it's for the most part just fine for me, even though for some songs I'd love to up my bass a lot more. 

 

There was a bit of talk (instigated by yours truly) pointing out that the E18 and E12 bass boosts are VERY similar.. Possibly the same.

 

 

Also, Equalify seems fine for me, but I haven't used it in a month or so. When did you try it?

 

What kind of bugs?

post #99 of 1048
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

 

There was a bit of talk (instigated by yours truly) pointing out that the E18 and E12 bass boosts are VERY similar.. Possibly the same.

 

 

Also, Equalify seems fine for me, but I haven't used it in a month or so. When did you try it?

 

What kind of bugs?

Yeah, I saw the graphs in the E18 thread. ;)

 

Sometimes it didn't want to start, sometimes it did, but didn't load up when I clicked on the icon for it, and so on. For the most part it worked fine, but sometimes it decided to give me a headache. This was a few years ago I think - somewhere around my registration date here on head-fi.

post #100 of 1048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post

Yeah, I saw the graphs in the E18 thread. wink.gif

Sometimes it didn't want to start, sometimes it did, but didn't load up when I clicked on the icon for it, and so on. For the most part it worked fine, but sometimes it decided to give me a headache. This was a few years ago I think - somewhere around my registration date here on head-fi.

Give Equalify another shot. Seems very stable and useful.
post #101 of 1048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post


Give Equalify another shot. Seems very stable and useful.

Yeah, I haven't given up on it or anything. I just wanted it to be more stable before I continue messing with it. I don't hate it -- it's a good idea that was a little rough around the edges back then, and I just wanted to know whether or not it would be an idea to take up on it.

post #102 of 1048

Very interesting thread. 

 

I wouldn't call myself a basshead by any means, but I do enjoy some nice strong bass once in a while. 

post #103 of 1048
Eq.
Parametric where possible (e.g rockbox or aimp)
Some hp are obviously beyond help.
Look forward to tools like Accudio™ Pro for android and say foo plus winamp(let you load precanned HP model specific compensation profiles for select HP. Pretty sure to the ge target, maybe to other hp). Extra points if they let you save and load your own in a Human editable form
Edited by svyr - 4/29/14 at 6:37am
post #104 of 1048
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post

 

Do many of you guys use EQ/boosting to get your desired bass level?


 

Or would you prefer to not use EQ at all?

i always eq when possible. poweramp on my phone, electriq on foobar. dont like hardware eqs - i like being in control of the modifications im making.

that being said, if no eq were available i wouldnt mind at all. id rather listen to music through my phones speaker than sit in silence 
 

post #105 of 1048

OP!

 

Final Audio Design

Pandora Hope VI

 

Diesel product. My favorite bass headphone (and headphone period, actually). 

 

Also, put me in the "no EQ club". I don't even use boost. I have my M100s and PH6 going into a Vamp Verza and that's it. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II)