or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) - Page 50

post #736 of 1827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post

The big question we had was "planar vs dynamic"........so vs your D2000 what's the verdict?

Planar, the LCD 2 is for me on level with the D2k, the HE 4 is above em both :/ 

post #737 of 1827

Apparently the fazor-ed LCD-2 has a bass roll-off that isn't present on the previous versions but I haven't had a chance to compare both yet. Measurements do show this but measurements don't show the whole picture of course.

post #738 of 1827
Thread Starter 

I wonder how strongly the Fazors affect the bass response overall?

post #739 of 1827

I looked at the innerfidelity measurements, it only seems to really be a tiny loss of bass extension in the LCD-2 fazor. Might be noticeable to your average basshead's ear though.

 

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/AudezeLCD2sn5423021Fazer.pdf

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/AudezeLCD2sn53211704circa2012.pdf

post #740 of 1827
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post
 

I looked at the innerfidelity measurements, it only seems to really be a tiny loss of bass extension in the LCD-2 fazor. Might be noticeable to your average basshead's ear though.

 

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/AudezeLCD2sn5423021Fazer.pdf

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/AudezeLCD2sn53211704circa2012.pdf

Well the HE 4 has better sub bass period so.... I'd say noticeable

post #741 of 1827

Please add the Sennheiser HD8 DJ to the list, I can vouch for its ability to be amped to amazing levels of bass (and it controls that bass quite well, a necessity for EDM).

post #742 of 1827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereolab42 View Post
 

Please add the Sennheiser HD8 DJ to the list, I can vouch for its ability to be amped to amazing levels of bass (and it controls that bass quite well, a necessity for EDM).


All the new HDs can be added to the list really, they all have pretty significant boost in the bass.
 

post #743 of 1827

I bumped into an interesting 'review' of the Spendo Sub 3 on Enjoy the Music...it made me want to buy a pair of Spendor S3/5s which I found used on Ozzy ebay for 500, but not right now.

 

Anyways, it was less of a review and more on the state of audiophilia by writer Herb Rechardt, who is now my favorite audio commentator...he picked up the writing on the wall back in 2001 when this article was written.  Here it is:

 

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/1001/spendorsub3.htm

 

What are your opinions on this issue...lets discuss.  :cool: 

 

And of course some reference tracks to check the bass on yo phones.

 

 

I couldnt ask for more variety in the charts..."it is I g g y" even Michael Jackson's Billie Jean is represented...modern music sounding the same? I think perhaps those saying that is in need of MOAR bass! hehehe.

 

Hey is it me or is country music making a comeback...now with more bass and southern style poetry (aka rap) I love it!


Edited by SP Wild - 6/29/14 at 12:32am
post #744 of 1827
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP Wild View Post
 

I bumped into an interesting 'review' of the Spendo Sub 3 on Enjoy the Music...it made me want to buy a pair of Spendor S3/5s which I found used on Ozzy ebay for 500, but not right now.

 

Anyways, it was less of a review and more on the state of audiophilia by writer Herb Rechardt, who is now my favorite audio commentator...he picked up the writing on the wall back in 2001 when this article was written.  Here it is:

 

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/1001/spendorsub3.htm

 

What are your opinions on this issue...lets discuss.  :cool: 

 

And of course some reference tracks to check the bass on yo phones.

 

 

I couldnt ask for more variety in the charts..."it is I g g y" even Michael Jackson's Billie Jean is represented...modern music sounding the same? I think perhaps those saying that is in need of MOAR bass! hehehe.

 

Hey is it me or is country music making a comeback...now with more bass and southern style poetry (aka rap) I love it!

 

eww Country with more bass, and RAP... country has always had roots in Folk, it doesn't need Rap bass lines or "flow" it's a story told to the rythm of music, anything more than that :/ well no me gusta 

 

also, today the D2k proved it's worth. For Deep House and other Deep Genres, the HE 4 isn't heavy enough, for those big slow bass lines the LCD 2 Fazor was nice, and the D2k is nicer 

post #745 of 1827

I guess I forgot to put the info here. So, copy + paste:

 

Quote:
 

Hello guys.

 

Just letting you know that I recently sent my DonScorpio Drama's for measurements since there are NO graphs that I know of for them out there floating in the web (or at least I couldn't find any...). For a tidbit:

 

 

So yes... these are very bassy ;)

I own them of course and I can say that I like them a lot. I think they are fun cans, they look good and do a good job as portable headphones.

 

My initial impressions:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/573826/the-basshead-club/10860#post_10441934

http://www.head-fi.org/t/573826/the-basshead-club/10980#post_10457912

 

If you'd like to see more measurements, send me a PM and I'll provide the link to them.

 

 

Thanks.

post #746 of 1827

Too deep bass curve + recessed lower-midrange dip but otherwise looks decent to my taste.

post #747 of 1827

Needed an amp recommendation, but just went with the E12 as I had $25 gift credit from Amazon...excited to see how my Q40s will preform after this. :3


Edited by xskugga - 7/3/14 at 12:10pm
post #748 of 1827
Did anyone actually buy the Focal spirit One S? They were talked about before in this thread
post #749 of 1827
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post

Too deep bass curve + recessed lower-midrange dip but otherwise looks decent to my taste.

For what it offers and for its cost, I think it's a decent buy! If at less than 100, even better! :-)
post #750 of 1827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

 

eww Country with more bass, and RAP... country has always had roots in Folk, it doesn't need Rap bass lines or "flow" it's a story told to the rythm of music, anything more than that :/ well no me gusta 

 

also, today the D2k proved it's worth. For Deep House and other Deep Genres, the HE 4 isn't heavy enough, for those big slow bass lines the LCD 2 Fazor was nice, and the D2k is nicer 


 I think if people can see what rap really is, take away the ego, and rap is merely a form a poetry.  I think country is expanding its repertoire, it will always have an element of folk, thats what makes it good.  Has anyone noticed that folk music from all cultures have the same elements?  My D7000s are very suited to modern electronic music, I like them for that...a lot of compressed music contain very forward low mids and the recession and smear at that range on the denons are not as apparent.

 

HiFi Guy, I am curious also, and now wonder about the NAD headphone, that's supposed to be audiophile bass as well.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II)