or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) - Page 32

post #466 of 1831
Thread Starter 

And now, a preview of a shootout I shall do tomorrow:

 

Basshead club

BASSHEAD IEM SHOOTOUT

 

 

Featuring:

 

Hippo VB

(1 x Dynamic driver)

 

Westone ES3X:

(3 x BA drivers)

 

 

Westone ADV Alpha

(AKA: THUMP IN THE NIGHT)

(1 x Dynamic driver)

 

 

Unique Melody Merlin

(4 x BA drivers)

(1 x Dynamic bass driver)

 

 

LEAR 4.2

($1200 IEM)

(4 x BA drivers)

(2 X Dynamic Bass Drivers)

 

 

Brainwavz R1

(2 x Dynamic drivers)

 

 

Westone 3

(3 x BA drivers)

 

 

Dunu DN1000

(2 x BA drivers)

(1 x Dynamic bass driver)

 

 

JVC HA-FXZ100

(get excited about this)

(2 x dynamic drivers)

 

I will be comparing the bass output of each of these IEMs, both with and without EQ.

 

All will be run from a DAC, into a Digizoid ZO 2.3, and then into a <1ohm amplifier. 

 

post #467 of 1831
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

Availability is a tough one.. I can't get many JVC cans in my area, but I think they are easier to get in other regions..

 

(Or did you mean availability as in "still in production"?)

 

I guess having another column with "Discontinued" would be the easiest way. Discontinued cans can be marked on the list with "yes".

Like bass ratings and street price, availabity is a variable, so I think labeling them as discontinued is a better idea.

Of course, this list isn't really meant to be a live tracker of all of the basshead cans here (even if it was, it's impossible to implement), but just a bsica beginners' guide to basshead cans. Just a general idea of what's currently in production and what's not makes things simpler. Besides, it's not like people are too lazy to go to Amazon, right? :D 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx1000 View Post
 

If I was interested in something and saw that it was discontinued, I would search online for a great deal.

Exactly!

 

Quote:

I will be comparing the bass output of each of these IEMs, both with and without EQ.

 

All will be run from a DAC, into a Digizoid ZO 2.3, and then into a <1ohm amplifier. 

 

Wait...just the bass? Oh, good. I thought you were going to pitch little DN1K against the UM Miracle...:p


Edited by thatBeatsguy - 5/21/14 at 12:35am
post #468 of 1831

If I was interested in something and saw that it was discontinued, I would search online for a great deal.

post #469 of 1831
Availability as in whether they're still made available to purchase. Something like the Beats Pro will be available from most places, the SZ-2000 is available from certain shops, the Sig DJ is be discontinued but still available from certain shops and the D2K will be unavailable new, just for an example. Involves a lot more work than a simple discontinued yes/no box as many shops will need to be asked and also needs to be arranged by region so it's a giant project that will take multiple people. Probably not practical though.
post #470 of 1831
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post

Involves a lot more work than a simple discontinued yes/no box

Unfortunately far too much work.

 

:(

 

We would have to track stock from shops worldwide - 

 

even then you can still find Denon D2k on the FS/FT forums here..

 

I think "Discontinued" is a winner..

 

I do love your ideas, though!

post #471 of 1831
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

Unfortunately far too much work.

 

:(

 

We would have to track stock from shops worldwide - 

 

even then you can still find Denon D2k on the FS/FT forums here..

 

I think "Discontinued" is a winner..

 

I do love your ideas, though!

If that were implemented...


Edited by thatBeatsguy - 5/21/14 at 1:41am
post #472 of 1831
Ok so I've just been comparing the Logitech UE6000s and Sony MDR V55 again and the bass is slammin' with both. Maybe I had some dodgy batteries in the UE6000 cans for a bit as they are definitely bringing it tonight. They are a bargain whether or not you're a basshead.
Edited by Vero Golf Champ - 5/21/14 at 4:10am
post #473 of 1831
It was fleeting idea I had while in the shower biggrin.gif

Alternate partial MarkL mod on my D2K just now - used paxmate instead of dynamat in the back of the cups to avoid the treble reflection - and I love the improved bass!
post #474 of 1831
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post

It was fleeting idea I had while in the shower biggrin.gif

Alternate partial MarkL mod on my D2K just now - used paxmate instead of dynamat in the back of the cups to avoid the treble reflection - and I love the improved bass!

 

My Markl is only partial, I don't actually like the full Markl. Just the cups, if I remember correctly. 

 

 

 

post #475 of 1831
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post




Dude, get your cans off the tree branches already and back indoors where they belong - what if it rains or passing bird takes a dump on them? blink.gifbiggrin.gif

*not to mention that green insect about to eat your Denons confused_face_2.gif*
post #476 of 1831
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

 

My Markl is only partial, I don't actually like the full Markl. Just the cups, if I remember correctly. 

 

 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb3723 View Post


Dude, get your cans off the tree branches already and back indoors where they belong - what if it rains or passing bird takes a dump on them? blink.gifbiggrin.gif

*not to mention that green insect about to eat your Denons confused_face_2.gif*

But the wood of the denons...they call for the wild...THEY'RE CALLING FOR THEIR HOME!!!

post #477 of 1831
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb3723 View Post


Dude, get your cans off the tree branches already and back indoors where they belong - what if it rains or passing bird takes a dump on them? blink.gifbiggrin.gif

*not to mention that green insect about to eat your Denons confused_face_2.gif*

Hmm...isn't that "insect" made of plastic? They look like a hidden surveillance camera, if I'm not mistaken.

post #478 of 1831
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post


But the wood of the denons...they call for the wild...THEY'RE CALLING FOR THEIR HOME!!!

HaHa biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBeatsguy View Post

Hmm...isn't that "insect" made of plastic? They look like a hidden surveillance camera, if I'm not mistaken.

Maybe....just hope it ain't a termite - a wood termite, else those Denon 's are toast ...I mean lunch biggrin.gif
post #479 of 1831
Well, don't forget the ants in the stax.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/609792/ants-in-my-stax-should-i-worry

http://www.q-audio.com/antsinstax.mov
Edited by Coq de Combat - 5/21/14 at 10:44am
post #480 of 1831
Some of the prices on the list are waaaay over the actual price. Plus the msrp on most of them wasn't even charged from the start.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II)