or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) - Page 28

post #406 of 1827
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb3723 View Post


HaHa, nice one biggrin.gif

LCD-XC? Cool cans, I've the LCD-X cool.gif

Have you listened to any binaural sounds through your XC's?

The below sounded truly amazing using my X's:

:basshead: :blink: <-------- My reaction. That was crazy... And freakin amazing. Lol. Here's a song I really like on my XC. I feel like it really showcases what they can do..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnbcLT1wojs

post #407 of 1827
Quote:
Originally Posted by cripple1 View Post

basshead.gif  blink.gif  <
My reaction. That was crazy... And freakin amazing. Lol. Here's a song I really like on my XC. I feel like it really showcases what they can do..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnbcLT1wojs

Cool track - added to my playlist cool.gifsmily_headphones1.gif
post #408 of 1827
Thread Starter 

Hey guys, I'm going to spend the next few hours looking up pricing for the IEM and amp section, and putting it into tables for the OP.

 

Just had a thought - is it worth doing some sort of "HALL OF FAME" section? A very small, highly praised list of cans? For example, the Q40, the SZ2000, the XB910/10000, etc etc..

 

(obviously a bit more refined, but you get the idea)

 

Thoughts?

post #409 of 1827
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

Hey guys, I'm going to spend the next few hours looking up pricing for the IEM and amp section, and putting it into tables for the OP.

 

Just had a thought - is it worth doing some sort of "HALL OF FAME" section? A very small, highly praised list of cans? For example, the Q40, the SZ2000, the XB910/10000, etc etc..

 

(obviously a bit more refined, but you get the idea)

 

Thoughts?

 

We're already separating price ranges, and a "Hall of Fame" list may complicate things, IMO. Not to mention the level of debate on what makes a can worthy of such an honor...

 

Might be interesting, though... friendly debate is always comical... :popcorn:

post #410 of 1827

It could be a good idea, I think. How would we go about choosing the HOF cans though? 

post #411 of 1827
Quote:
Originally Posted by cripple1 View Post
 

It could be a good idea, I think. How would we go about choosing the HOF cans though? 

 

And the debate begins!

 


Edited by Change is Good - 5/19/14 at 5:24pm
post #412 of 1827
Thread Starter 

In my dream, the way I saw it.. HOF cans wouldn't need choosing. The Q40, for instance, would have very little debate about it's performance, and price etc.

 

However, the DT770 is often debated about, so it wouldn't belong there.

post #413 of 1827
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

Hey guys, I'm going to spend the next few hours looking up pricing for the IEM and amp section, and putting it into tables for the OP.

 

Just had a thought - is it worth doing some sort of "HALL OF FAME" section? A very small, highly praised list of cans? For example, the Q40, the SZ2000, the XB910/10000, etc etc..

 

(obviously a bit more refined, but you get the idea)

 

Thoughts?

Could I help out with the list? I'm sure I could do some in the three hours I've got 'til the rest of the household wakes up. Could you PM me the list?

As for the HoF idea, I'm not really sure if it's worth the trouble. Of course, that's just my opinion...

 

Oh yeah, I have some corrections for the list:

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

[Audio-Technica]

ES7: $170 ($169.95) [source]

PRO700: $280 ($279.95) [source]

 

[Razer]

Kraken: $60 ($59.99) [source]

 

(Note: this is the price for the original Kraken, which is the base model. The Kraken Pro is priced at $80. There isn't really a difference between the two as far as I can tell, except that the Pro has a retractable boom mic.)

 

[Logitech]

UE 9000: $400 ($399.99) [source]

 

(Yes, the MSRP for the UE9k is $400, but as we all know, they've been discontinued, so prices are dropping to a very competitive level.)

 

Also, uh...why is Beats all in caps? Just asking. :D

post #414 of 1827

I've never actually heard the Q40 myself. I didn't think to pay it too much attention before now either. Would we be adding the D2k/LCD 2 to the HOF as well?

post #415 of 1827
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBeatsguy View Post
 

Could I help out with the list? I'm sure I could do some in the three hours I've got 'til the rest of the household wakes up. Could you PM me the list?

As for the HoF idea, I'm not really sure if it's worth the trouble. Of course, that's just my opinion...

 

Oh yeah, I have some corrections for the list:

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

[Audio-Technica]

ES7: $170 ($169.95) [source]

PRO700: $280 ($279.95) [source]

 

[Razer]

Kraken: $60 ($59.99) [source]

 

(Note: this is the price for the original Kraken, which is the base model. The Kraken Pro is priced at $80. There isn't really a difference between the two as far as I can tell, except that the Pro has a retractable boom mic.)

 

[Logitech]

UE 9000: $400 ($399.99) [source]

 

(Yes, the MSRP for the UE9k is $400, but as we all know, they've been discontinued, so prices are dropping to a very competitive level.)

 

Also, uh...why is Beats all in caps? Just asking. :D

 

Changes made! Really appreciate it mate, great work.

post #416 of 1827

I've never heard anyone call the Razer Kraken's or the UE 9000 anywhere near bassy headphones :confused:

post #417 of 1827
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneraI View Post
 

I've never heard anyone call the Razer Kraken's or the UE 9000 anywhere near bassy headphones :confused:

 

the UE9000 I've never heard. I've also never read reviews or discussed them with anyone - Should we put it into voting?

 

There are a few users that are a big fan of the bass in the Kraken in this thread.. I wouldn't mind trying them myself!

post #418 of 1827

I used to own the UE9000. They were decently bassy, but by no means bass monsters.

post #419 of 1827

Regarding voting for the N-Pulses, they are definitely bass-head!

Skullcandy Aviator --- errrm not to my ears.

Phillips Downtown -- not basshead nor audiophile bass either.

post #420 of 1827

Oh, was my last comment not allowed? My bad.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II)