Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › Woo Audio: NEW! WA7tp (tube PSU) Early-bird offer
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Woo Audio: NEW! WA7tp (tube PSU) Early-bird offer - Page 7

post #91 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiGuy528 View Post
 

 

Please Pay Pal Orders@Wooaudio.com $349 + $20 shipping for U.S. with your WA7 S/N in Pay Pal Message.  Shipping on WA7tp is around late May.

 

 

When will the orders that were placed last Monday for the 'in stock' units ship???

post #92 of 190
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodet View Post
 

 

 

When will the orders that were placed last Monday for the 'in stock' units ship???

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by karzai View Post
 

I ordered the new WA7tp last April 2 and paid on April 7. I received confirmation on the same day that the unit will be delivered a week after. Three days later, I received another letter telling me my order will be shipped after two weeks. Two and a half weeks later, I received a letter telling me they won't be able to ship the order at the promised date because the EH tube supplier couldn't supply gold pin tubes in time. I told them to leave the EH tubes for now and deliver the tubes when they become available at the end of May. They confirmed that my unit will be shipped immediately on that day they received my response or on  the following day. Three days later, I inquired about the tracking number but they told me that they wouldn't be able to ship the order on the date that they said they would but probably after about a week.

 

I wouldn't be surprised if a week from now they told me that my order will be shipped at the end of this year. My excitement has effectively died down and it just kills me every time I received a letter of regret.

 

I wouldn't really get mad if they honestly told me that they are planning to ship my order in December. A new amplifier with the latest tube power supply said to unlock extra dimensions in  soundstage and opening up a whole new improvement in audio revelation isn't really a bad Christmas present, is it? Paying for it 8 months in advance is definitely worth the wait.

 

Apparently, there is a deluge of demand and they are overwhelmed by the numerous orders to fill. Unfortunately for me, being not an owner of the solid state version and being outside of the United States, relegates my status to being last in the priority list. I just hope that the cause of the delay is not because they took payments more than their current inventory can supply

 

 

Upgrade tubes are estimated for late May due to supplier delays.  You should have received an email with this advisory and options to take on your order.

 

Standard lead time on WA7 and WA7d Fireflies is two weeks (this have been the standard wait time).  

 

Orders of the new WA7tp (tube PSU) is slated for late May if you missed the first batch.  If you ordered the WA7 or WA7d with the WA7tp, standard two weeks wait time applies because we ship the amp and the WA7tp together.

 

Please email your order number to info@wooaudio.com and I'll check on the ship status, but keep the above in mind when inquiring.

Reply
post #93 of 190

I wanna ask someone use WA7tp for TH900? How does it feel ? Good ?

post #94 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiGuy528 View Post
 

 

 

Upgrade tubes are estimated for late May due to supplier delays.  You should have received an email with this advisory and options to take on your order.

 

Standard lead time on WA7 and WA7d Fireflies is two weeks (this have been the standard wait time).  

 

Orders of the new WA7tp (tube PSU) is slated for late May if you missed the first batch.  If you ordered the WA7 or WA7d with the WA7tp, standard two weeks wait time applies because we ship the amp and the WA7tp together.

 

Please email your order number to info@wooaudio.com and I'll check on the ship status, but keep the above in mind when inquiring.

 

LET ME ASK FOR THE THIRD TIME - WHEN WILL THE WA7TP's FROM THE FIRST BATCH SHIP?

 

WE KNOW, IF YOU MISSED THE FIRST BATCH IT'S LATE MAY.  

 

WHAT ABOUT THE FIRST BATCH???????   

post #95 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiGuy528 View Post
 

 

 

Upgrade tubes are estimated for late May due to supplier delays.  You should have received an email with this advisory and options to take on your order.

 

Standard lead time on WA7 and WA7d Fireflies is two weeks (this have been the standard wait time).  

 

Orders of the new WA7tp (tube PSU) is slated for late May if you missed the first batch.  If you ordered the WA7 or WA7d with the WA7tp, standard two weeks wait time applies because we ship the amp and the WA7tp together.

 

Please email your order number to info@wooaudio.com and I'll check on the ship status, but keep the above in mind when inquiring.

 

I don't think I missed the first batch since I made the order and subsequently paid for it several weeks before you announced the early bird promo. Unless, of course, you moved my slot aside to give way to those who already own the solid state version and want to purchase the tube for an upgrade. I know you have a policy of prioritizing the owners but the fact is I have already paid.

 

But no need to worry, you may ship the order when you can.

post #96 of 190
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodet View Post
 

 

LET ME ASK FOR THE THIRD TIME - WHEN WILL THE WA7TP's FROM THE FIRST BATCH SHIP?

 

WE KNOW, IF YOU MISSED THE FIRST BATCH IT'S LATE MAY.  

 

WHAT ABOUT THE FIRST BATCH???????   

 

For the privacy of our customers, we do not disclose order status on public forums.  Please email your order number to info@wooaudio.com and I'll check on the ship status


Edited by HiFiGuy528 - 4/29/14 at 1:17pm
Reply
post #97 of 190

I would also like to know why a new PSU would make such a difference i would spend another $350.00 on my WA7. 

Don't get me wrong, I love this product, but one of the reasons I bought it was for its minimal foot print. If I need to give up more space to a PSU for a marginal change in sound, it's not worth it IMO.

post #98 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlnwntchld View Post
 

I would also like to know why a new PSU would make such a difference i would spend another $350.00 on my WA7. 

Don't get me wrong, I love this product, but one of the reasons I bought it was for its minimal foot print. If I need to give up more space to a PSU for a marginal change in sound, it's not worth it IMO.

I'll second wanting to know the specs for sure. And I'm sure in good time all will be revealed. Ken Rockwell's review of the Wa7 was great and very compreshensive, hopefully he'll have something to say :) But personally, for me the new PSU was a no brainer. I'm a sucker for beautiful aesthetics and that shows in my choice of equipment and all those who chose to purchase the Wa7. I've always admired the look and there's no question as to which PSU is more pleasing to the eye. So in that regard I chose to purchase the Wa7tp. I mean, two lovely solid pieces of glass and four tubes :D This matters greatly to me because both the PSU and WA7 are sat on my desk rather than tucking the PSU away. To me my Wa7 is the perfect combination of form and function.

 

    Unfortunately I don't live anywhere near the vicinity of such a meet that I may audition the Wa7tp but as I said, I'm somewhat infatuated with the Wa7 so yeah, a no brainier for me. Really hope the sonic improvement is going to make me smile. Being from the UK I really do have to judge my purchases based on the specs and reviews. (you lucky Americans!).

 

Now...to take a deep breath, get through another day and try to be patient lol.

post #99 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by phobos0411 View Post
 

I'll second wanting to know the specs for sure. And I'm sure in good time all will be revealed. Ken Rockwell's review of the Wa7 was great and very compreshensive, hopefully he'll have something to say :) But personally, for me the new PSU was a no brainer. I'm a sucker for beautiful aesthetics and that shows in my choice of equipment and all those who chose to purchase the Wa7. I've always admired the look and there's no question as to which PSU is more pleasing to the eye. So in that regard I chose to purchase the Wa7tp. I mean, two lovely solid pieces of glass and four tubes :D This matters greatly to me because both the PSU and WA7 are sat on my desk rather than tucking the PSU away. To me my Wa7 is the perfect combination of form and function.

 

    Unfortunately I don't live anywhere near the vicinity of such a meet that I may audition the Wa7tp but as I said, I'm somewhat infatuated with the Wa7 so yeah, a no brainier for me. Really hope the sonic improvement is going to make me smile. Being from the UK I really do have to judge my purchases based on the specs and reviews. (you lucky Americans!).

 

Now...to take a deep breath, get through another day and try to be patient lol.

+1

 

If it doesn't make a difference sonically I should think Woo will lose a lot of credibility, and I don't think he would risk that.  I am sure one of the goals that went into this PSU was to improve the performance in a significant and noticeable way.  But I also agree that my desk has more then enough room for one more beautiful piece of tube amplification art from a purely aesthetic point of view.  For sure Woo proved himself to me just by designing the WA7 to begin with and so I should respect that he has more magic in store.  I am very curious about the hard specs though, the measurables as to what makes this an upgrade.

post #100 of 190

ordered... geeked... head-fi bling yay... hoping it comes in around the same time as the delayed EH tubes!

post #101 of 190
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemSkee View Post
 

ordered... geeked... head-fi bling yay... hoping it comes in around the same time as the delayed EH tubes!

 

We have good news on the upgrade EH tubes!  We just received our shipment and we'll get them tested and boxed for shipment next week.  Thank you everyone for your patience.  We're glad it arrived sooner than last expected.


Edited by HiFiGuy528 - 5/2/14 at 9:29am
Reply
post #102 of 190
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovyd View Post
 

+1

 

If it doesn't make a difference sonically I should think Woo will lose a lot of credibility, and I don't think he would risk that.  I am sure one of the goals that went into this PSU was to improve the performance in a significant and noticeable way.  But I also agree that my desk has more then enough room for one more beautiful piece of tube amplification art from a purely aesthetic point of view.  For sure Woo proved himself to me just by designing the WA7 to begin with and so I should respect that he has more magic in store.  I am very curious about the hard specs though, the measurables as to what makes this an upgrade.

 

Early impressions on the WA7tp from the guys at Audio360.org

 

http://www.audio360.org/amps-dacs_a0027_early-impressions_woo-audio-wa7tp.php

 

Reply
post #103 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiGuy528 View Post

We have good news on the upgrade EH tubes!  We just received our shipment and we'll get them tested and boxed for shipment next week.  Thank you everyone for your patience.  We're glad it arrived sooner than last expected.

oh hell yeah! Thats awesome biggrin.gif
post #104 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiGuy528 View Post
 

 

We have good news on the upgrade EH tubes!  We just received our shipment and we'll get them tested and boxed for shipment next week.  Thank you everyone for your patience.  We're glad it arrived sooner than last expected.

 

"WOO" HOO!  Thanks for the update!

post #105 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmontonCanuck View Post

I too will be new to the whole "tube rolling" thing. So just for fun, ordered these from tctubes.com, just so I can start to tinker after my WA7tp arrives LOL.
That's the one that I herd give more oomph(!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelT View Post

Grabbed a pair of the same just for kicks. Definitely looking forward to testing some different tube options.
Looking forward to observations
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPiper View Post

How does a DC power supply improve the sound if it is using tubes vs solid state. If it is producing the correct voltage with the correct current, how does it matter if that voltage and current came from a tube or a transistor? I guess I just don't understand this audiophile thing that well.
The reality is that ALL power supplies have limits and sometimes real world usage places demands that a power supply has to compensate for when it cannot deliver,
and different power supplies behave differently under loads and extreme loads.
only on paper with an ideal load, is a power supply rated & assumed as spec,
when in reality many things can be going on under load.

It is my own opinion that a tube power supply can more closely "mirror" a tube load or draw.
All my own speculation tho tongue.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodet View Post

LET ME ASK FOR THE THIRD TIME - WHEN WILL THE WA7TP's FROM THE FIRST BATCH SHIP?

WE KNOW, IF YOU MISSED THE FIRST BATCH IT'S LATE MAY.  

WHAT ABOUT THE FIRST BATCH???????   
Haha funny smily_headphones1.gif
Patience is a Virtue tongue.gif
Edited by Maxx134 - 5/2/14 at 2:42pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › Woo Audio: NEW! WA7tp (tube PSU) Early-bird offer