Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › Woo Audio: NEW! WA7tp (tube PSU) Early-bird offer
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Woo Audio: NEW! WA7tp (tube PSU) Early-bird offer - Page 13

post #181 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiGuy528 View Post
 

Just want to let everyone know that we have identified the cause of the blown fuse issue.  It turned out to be a bad batch of fuses (110v models NOT effected).  We do have replacement fuse for effected customers at no charge.  If you purchased a replacement fuse on your own, we will reimburse you the cost of the fuse (with receipt).  Please send email to info@wooaudio.com for replacement fuse or reimbursement.  We apologize for the inconvenience.  

 

The positive side to this (if there is one) is that the circuit protection system we implemented in the amplifier is working as designed.  It blew the fuse and not the amp.  :)

That is a relief. I thought WA7tp just ran unusually hot, which caused the fuse to blow.

 

We appreciate the gesture to replace or reimburse the fuse but it's really not that big of a deal. It costs something like 50 cents a piece. Learning the fact that it was the fuse that turned out to be defective was more than what could compensate for the cost of the fuse.

post #182 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiGuy528 View Post
 

Just want to let everyone know that we have identified the cause of the blown fuse issue.  It turned out to be a bad batch of fuses (110v models NOT effected).  We do have replacement fuse for effected customers at no charge.  If you purchased a replacement fuse on your own, we will reimburse you the cost of the fuse (with receipt).  Please send email to info@wooaudio.com for replacement fuse or reimbursement.  We apologize for the inconvenience.  

 

The positive side to this (if there is one) is that the circuit protection system we implemented in the amplifier is working as designed.  It blew the fuse and not the amp.  :)

which units are affected, mine got sent around the 10th i think, could that have a bad fuse?

post #183 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiGuy528 View Post
 

Just want to let everyone know that we have identified the cause of the blown fuse issue.  It turned out to be a bad batch of fuses (110v models NOT effected).  We do have replacement fuse for effected customers at no charge.  If you purchased a replacement fuse on your own, we will reimburse you the cost of the fuse (with receipt).  Please send email to info@wooaudio.com for replacement fuse or reimbursement.  We apologize for the inconvenience.  

 

The positive side to this (if there is one) is that the circuit protection system we implemented in the amplifier is working as designed.  It blew the fuse and not the amp.  :)


While we are on fuses

I downloaded the Tp manual

 

Page 7 states 200mA @ 230V

Page 10 and 12 state 300mA @ 230V

Rear of unit states 250mA @ 230V

 

What is the correct recommended fuse ?

post #184 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmatrix View Post
 


While we are on fuses

I downloaded the Tp manual

 

Page 7 states 200mA @ 230V

Page 10 and 12 state 300mA @ 230V

Rear of unit states 250mA @ 230V

 

What is the correct recommended fuse ?

I got email from Mike before. He said maximum should be 300mA for 230V. 

 

I can't find a fuse lower than 500mA so my enjoyment of my rig is limited to about 1 hour max.

post #185 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by karzai View Post
 

I got email from Mike before. He said maximum should be 300mA for 230V. 

 

I can't find a fuse lower than 500mA so my enjoyment of my rig is limited to about 1 hour max.


Thanks mate

Ebay is a good source

post #186 of 190

If we want just the WA7tp, do we send a paypal payment as a gift with Woo Audio's info in first post?  Not seeing the option on http://www.wooaudio.com/products/wa7fireflies.html.


Edited by mediumraresteak - 8/11/14 at 9:40pm
post #187 of 190
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediumraresteak View Post
 

If we want just the WA7tp, do we send a paypal payment as a gift with Woo Audio's info in first post?  Not seeing the option on http://www.wooaudio.com/products/wa7fireflies.html.

 

PM sent with instructions.  :)

Reply
post #188 of 190
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by karzai View Post
 

I got email from Mike before. He said maximum should be 300mA for 230V. 

 

I can't find a fuse lower than 500mA so my enjoyment of my rig is limited to about 1 hour max.

We recently done additional testing, OK to use 500mA for international customers.  

Reply
post #189 of 190
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaranu View Post
 

which units are affected, mine got sent around the 10th i think, could that have a bad fuse?

 

If you are experiencing issues and need replacement fuses, pls. send us a note at info@wooaudio.com.  OK to use 400 - 500mA.

 

Treat the power button on front of WA7tp as a standby ON/OFF switch.  No need to flip the power switch on back of WA7 amp ON and OFF every time.  Treat the flip switch as a main power ON/OFF.   Use the flip switch when transporting unit or when on holiday and the amp will not be used for extended periods.  

Reply
post #190 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiGuy528 View Post
 

 

If you are experiencing issues and need replacement fuses, pls. send us a note at info@wooaudio.com.  OK to use 400 - 500mA.

 

Treat the power button on front of WA7tp as a standby ON/OFF switch.  No need to flip the power switch on back of WA7 amp ON and OFF every time.  Treat the flip switch as a main power ON/OFF.   Use the flip switch when transporting unit or when on holiday and the amp will not be used for extended periods.  

 

Where can replacement fueses be sourced domestically for the WA7?  I haven't opened up my unit, but the fuse indicated earlier seems an odd duck and not easily sourced here in the lower 48.  I'm half wondering if I open my unit up if the fuse included indicates 250v.  I like keeping a back-up to avoid down time.

 

By the way, I'm very much enjoying the WA7....really nice piece of kit that's clearly been manufactured with a lot of love.  I've not made the leap to the WA7tp...heck, I haven't even made it past the stock tubes and I have the EH gold plated tubes waiting to go in....lots of fun letting the stock tubes burn in over 100+ hours while enjoying my jams.

 

Thanks.

 

HS

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › Woo Audio: NEW! WA7tp (tube PSU) Early-bird offer