Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here - Page 4

post #46 of 227

Had a quick answer from iBasso a week ago on my 'Scan Card' problem (comes up every single turn-on). 

Reloaded firmware with FlashTool, but no change. Nothing from them since. Irritating it happens with three different cards, even with one file on. DB file fine and all files found without re-scanning.

post #47 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked View Post
 

Don't know if this is a feature or a bug.  In shuffle mode when pressing rewind I would expect the player to go back to the previous track but it just goes to another random track.  I am used to the Cowon players and they go back to the previous track when you hit the rewind button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen68 View Post
 

 

The DX100 has always exhibited this same behavior you describe in the DX90. 

 

My DX90 does the same thing. I would prefer that it went back to the actual previous track that had already been played, and forward again to the same track...and then continue on randomly.  Every other PMP I've owned does this, so maybe I'm just used to it and "stuck in my old ways", LOL.  Still my preference though.

post #48 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked View Post

Don't know if this is a feature or a bug.  In shuffle mode when pressing rewind I would expect the player to go back to the previous track but it just goes to another random track.  I am used to the Cowon players and they go back to the previous track when you hit the rewind button.

Actually, the DX90 (and 50) do 2 things when pressing the Rev button: 1 press will restart at the beginning of the now-playing track. 2 quick presses will randomly select a different track.
post #49 of 227

I sent iBasso a feature request to add the ability to set an optional default power-on volume level. I've been switching between using the line out and phone out very frequently and I've had a couple of scares where I've forgot to turn the volume down after having it at 100% for LO.

 

I gave them a couple of suggestions varying from software only (such as the above default volume) and software/hardware such as detecting when the phones are plugged in. On that front I got the following response:

 

Quote:
The DX90 doesnt have any idle I/O now. Therefore, we cant detect if there is a headphone plugged. We cant apply those suggestions as a result.

 

In any case, I've got the ~2 second end-of-song clipping issue. I've tried my best to ignore it for now and I know others have reported it, so I haven't done any detailed troubleshooting to determine if/when it happens. I've got everything from MP3s to 96/26 & 192/24 tracks (though more of the latter) on the device.

 

//Tomi B.

post #50 of 227

Mine is really getting good now, snapping up nicely but I can no longer run it in loop. Play mode options will not activate. I did a factory reset to no avail.

 

Any ideas?

post #51 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post
 

Mine is really getting good now, snapping up nicely but I can no longer run it in loop. Play mode options will not activate. I did a factory reset to no avail.

 

Any ideas?

You should contact iBasso. Maybe a firmware reflash will fix the issue.

post #52 of 227


I sent them a message earlier today. Factory reset does seem to reflash the internal FW.

post #53 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post
 


I sent them a message earlier today. Factory reset does seem to reflash the internal FW.

From what I understand from Android devices a factory data reset will only wipe all storage, settings and cache but not reflash the firmware. For that you would have to.. well.. reflash the firmware.:)

A FDR doesn't even reformat the internal storage.. I've had mine formatted to exFAT and it wasn't recognized by my PC any more. Only reflashing helped fixing this issue.

post #54 of 227
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by docBliny View Post
 

In any case, I've got the ~2 second end-of-song clipping issue. I've tried my best to ignore it for now and I know others have reported it, so I haven't done any detailed troubleshooting to determine if/when it happens. I've got everything from MP3s to 96/26 & 192/24 tracks (though more of the latter) on the device.

 

 

 

I hadn't noticed this myself since it is my son's primary player, but we are getting the 2 seconds clipped at the end of almost every song.  Now that I noticed...very annoying.  I also experienced some occasional cut-outs yesterday that may be due to low battery..still trying to figure out that one.  It really kicked in after I tried plugging in a charger while it was playing....it didn't like that.

 

Other than fixing these, I hope ibasso can make the front three buttons more responsive.  It's weird to hit a button and wait so long for the function to kick in.


Edited by wolfen68 - 5/8/14 at 3:25pm
post #55 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by pOOB73 View Post
 

From what I understand from Android devices a factory data reset will only wipe all storage, settings and cache but not reflash the firmware. For that you would have to.. well.. reflash the firmware.:)

A FDR doesn't even reformat the internal storage.. I've had mine formatted to exFAT and it wasn't recognized by my PC any more. Only reflashing helped fixing this issue.

Did another reset and it's back so I'm good.

post #56 of 227

Got the DX90 May 6.  Have run across these problems:

1. while playing a standard 16/44.1 song, go to adjust the volume.  Typically pressing volume up to increase the volume.  The playback stops, and have to press "play" to resume the song.  This has happened a couple of times, on different songs.

2. while playing a song, right in the middle, it all of a sudden skips to the next song.  This may be due to a problem with the file, and not the player, so am not too worried about this one.

3. another minor problem is that I only get about 6 hours of playback, and not the 8+ hrs that people report.

 

Soundwise, it is sounding better than the AK100, and I am enjoying it.  (paired with Sennheiser IE800 earphones)

post #57 of 227
I've had the DX90 stop playing near the end of a song - seemingly at random - usually when listening while going to sleep. For instance, last night it stopped with 4 seconds left on track 4 out of 8. Unless I'm pausing the DX90 in my sleep, I think this is a bug. Anyone else had this issue?
post #58 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmatheis View Post

I've had the DX90 stop playing near the end of a song - seemingly at random - usually when listening while going to sleep. For instance, last night it stopped with 4 seconds left on track 4 out of 8. Unless I'm pausing the DX90 in my sleep, I think this is a bug. Anyone else had this issue?

 

Yes, same issue here.  I'll have to test it again to be sure, but it's happened to me when using shuffle play/random play.  I've also noticed that it has frozen/stopped playing a track near the end of a song when I wake it up from having played all night using the burn-in cable. EDIT: It is also plugged into a standard iPhone USB wall charger during the overnight burn-in "sessions".

 

I have a mix of all different types of tracks on my DX90...320k MP3, 16/44 to 24/192 FLACs and WAVs, 16/44 ALAC, DSD (.dsf), etc.  I didn't think to check what file format/bit rate it freezes on...will have to make a note of that in the future.  All of these tracks have never been a problem on any of my other playback devices (Macbook Pro and Windows 7/Intel computers, Squeezebox Touch, iPod Classic 160gb, iPhone 3G, Galaxy Note II).

 

On the new Head-Fi/Chesky Ultimate Headphone Demonstration "Disk" (24/96 FLAC) from HDtracks, it will cut-off the very beginning of the tracks with the introductory spoken announcements, and also 2 seconds at the end (in standard play mode, not using shuffle, repeat, etc.).  :-(  I'll have to try another factory reset to see if these problems continue.

 

Anyone else notice this?


Edited by bbfoto - 5/12/14 at 8:05pm
post #59 of 227

Hello,

 

i have a big problem :

i have formatted  per error, the internal memory of my DX90, on mac os.

i wanted to format the micro sd external card.

since, when i connect the DX90 to my mac, the internal memory is not visible, it can not be seen.

what shall i do now ?

 

reset factory, but nothing !!!

 

sam

post #60 of 227
Email iBasso and ask
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here