or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › YULONG D200 Impression : ES9016 Balanced DAC + Class A Single End Headphone Amp + Balanced Pre-amp
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

YULONG D200 Impression : ES9016 Balanced DAC + Class A Single End Headphone Amp + Balanced Pre-amp - Page 14

post #196 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andykong View Post

As mentioned previously, I prefer to stick with Yulong D200 in this thread.
Well, Andy, you were mentioning this Amp to me, sorry for asking:)
post #197 of 304
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TominJapan View Post

Well, Andy, you were mentioning this Amp to me, sorry for asking:)

Yes, this is a good amp to pair with D200, I suggested you checked it out while you were in China, but didn't plan to go into it in more detail as an product independently, esp. When the product is not available here and therefire not relevant to moat readers. I did make myself clear on this practise previously (please refer to post #76).

Or if you really need help on this, we can resort to PM.
post #198 of 304
On the contrary, i am sure people are interested to hear about other auralic products even if they can not buy one directly. But no problem I will ask Chinese head-fiers to help me further, no worries smily_headphones1.gif
post #199 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by TominJapan View Post

On the contrary, i am sure people are interested to hear about other auralic products even if they can not buy one directly. But no problem I will ask Chinese head-fiers to help me further, no worries smily_headphones1.gif

 

The Auralic Bugatti SE can actually be imported directly from at least a couple of sites that I have found:

 

http://www.dinobuy.com/p/auralic-bugatti-se-bugatti-amp-ark-mx-suit-amp-specials-p26332907.html

 

http://en.agreetao.com/taobao/view/id/9499736148

 

I feel somewhat tempted...:rolleyes:

post #200 of 304

At those who have experienced the D100 MKII / A100, would you say that the older combo has emphasized highs and the D200 the more natural? It does exactly that to my ears but it could also be explained as the D200 having slightly rolled off treble response. School me.

post #201 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by moriez View Post
 

At those who have experienced the D100 MKII / A100, would you say that the older combo has emphasized highs and the D200 the more natural? It does exactly that to my ears but it could also be explained as the D200 having slightly rolled off treble response. School me.

 

 

Depends on your ears, and the music, and your mood at the moment.

 

I've gone back and forth between each of those perspectives.... I thought the original D100 was pretty damn neutral. Then D100 mkII went and made the original seem kinda bright. Then along comes the D200 and makes the D100 mkII seem a little emphasized up top. Other times I think it's the D200 being a little smooth and "analog" sounding. 

 

This is an argument that's gone on for years - Krell versus Naim versus Esoteric versus McIntosh versus Conrad Johnson et al. Some are smooth which fans call "natural", others are more detailed and sharp which fans would call "more accurate". Ok, maybe the D100 mkII and D200 are not all that different from one another, but you get the idea. 

post #202 of 304

That's real helpful on my Head-Fi journey. Clears things up quite a bit. I expected characteristics of gear to be more black and white but this once again confirms the highly subjective nature of the hobby.

 

As far as the D200 goes, I pretty much stand by my previous broad impression. Most obvious to me is the what I would describe as a more linear (no or very controlled dips and peaks) approach and the smoothness on top. The D100 MKII and A100 could sound peaky at times. Good thing is there's still pretty much all of the sparkle. I also feel it is slightly less transparant. This lost transparence seems to fit in with your description of a generally ''analog'' signature but not sure if my brain tricked me on that one.


Edited by moriez - 6/18/14 at 5:47am
post #203 of 304
unless I am mistaken the amp sections of DA8 and D200 are at similar specs. Are they identical? Any real life difference on Sound ?
post #204 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by TominJapan View Post

unless I am mistaken the amp sections of DA8 and D200 are at similar specs. Are they identical? Any real life difference on Sound ?

 

 

I have yet to crack open the D200 case and check out the amp section. From pics it look somewhat different. Plus there are power supply differences which could be significant - more so for the amp portion than the DAC section.

post #205 of 304

Does anyone with the D200 use ciems with it? I'm curious to see how well it performs in that regard. I recall the D100 was pretty good with my ciems when I owned it.

post #206 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrster View Post
 

Does anyone with the D200 use ciems with it? I'm curious to see how well it performs in that regard. I recall the D100 was pretty good with my ciems when I owned it.

 

I haven't tried yet - intended to do that this morning but ran out of time. The prior models were pretty good but not quite absolutely silent. 

post #207 of 304
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrster View Post

Does anyone with the D200 use ciems with it? I'm curious to see how well it performs in that regard. I recall the D100 was pretty good with my ciems when I owned it.

I have tried a few, Flat4-Kuro, EX1000 and ER4S, they all work great with the D200, all three IEMs are dead silent to me when driven by D200.

The Flat4-Kuro actually sounds so good that I find it difficult to turn back to my DAPS (Fiio X5 and iBasso DX100), so think twice before you tried this out.
post #208 of 304

Oh I wouldn't worry about that. The Concero HP I use is no slouch but I rarely use iem's at home. I do every once in a while but 99% of the time I use my full sized when I'm at home. 

post #209 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by TominJapan View Post

unless I am mistaken the amp sections of DA8 and D200 are at similar specs. Are they identical? Any real life difference on Sound ?

I'm using the D200 and DA8 only as "pure DAC" to active monitor. 

IMHO the DA8 is a better DAC

post #210 of 304
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit View Post

I'm using the D200 and DA8 only as "pure DAC" to active monitor. 
IMHO the DA8 is a better DAC
Thanks could you please tell us more? Why is DA8 better than D200?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › YULONG D200 Impression : ES9016 Balanced DAC + Class A Single End Headphone Amp + Balanced Pre-amp