Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING - Page 6

post #76 of 320

Just read about the Lampizator HEAD DAC.:p from Lampizator WEB Site :

 

" Lampizator HEAD DAC - the first true headphone DAC from us. We figured out that it will be a huge compromise to create just a simple addition to normal DAC for a headphone output. We had to design the HEAD DAC from scratch. Something that is WAY better than our own dac connected to a good headphone amp. We merged dac and amp to utilize synergies which by the way are huge. This Headphone DAC offers sound that simply blow your head."

 

 

 

-->  When will it be available ? In what price range ?

 

If it includes a DAC part, it's DAC part is equivalent to what Lampizator DAC level ?

post #77 of 320
No dac just headphone amp I think
post #78 of 320

From Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/FikusLampi

 

 

OMG it feels good! The concept I had actually works like a dream. We use balanced DAC output into the push-pull transformer but in this scenario it is not the "bad" push pull because we dont split phase. We keep intact the whole signal in each phase and the transformer is working like two opposite SE amps. The secondary winding sums up the signal into the headphone SE output and while doing it - i...t cancels out the digital errors from conversion process. We have 30 x iron core headroom which sounds very open and pure, because we used small speaker cores, only primary winding is customized for the DAC. We can drive any headphones even 4 ohm ones. We used 6N6P - the super powerful and clean miniature triode, biased at 25 mA at 200V supply. PSU is also tube so we have a pure tube, zero capacitor, zero resistor headphone DAC. Even my cheapest 10 dollar headphones sound spectacular, and the Beyerdynamics are just a bliss. See More
 
 
 
 
  •  Any pictures of the prototype?
     
  •  
    Soon. Two days to launch
     
post #79 of 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisnon View Post
 

From Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/FikusLampi

 

 

OMG it feels good! The concept I had actually works like a dream. We use balanced DAC output into the push-pull transformer but in this scenario it is not the "bad" push pull because we dont split phase. We keep intact the whole signal in each phase and the transformer is working like two opposite SE amps. The secondary winding sums up the signal into the headphone SE output and while doing it - i...t cancels out the digital errors from conversion process. We have 30 x iron core headroom which sounds very open and pure, because we used small speaker cores, only primary winding is customized for the DAC. We can drive any headphones even 4 ohm ones. We used 6N6P - the super powerful and clean miniature triode, biased at 25 mA at 200V supply. PSU is also tube so we have a pure tube, zero capacitor, zero resistor headphone DAC. Even my cheapest 10 dollar headphones sound spectacular, and the Beyerdynamics are just a bliss. See More
 
 
 
 
  •  Any pictures of the prototype?
     
  •  
    Soon. Two days to launch
     

 

The two days have passed.  I wonder when we will see some photos and pricing on the new Lampizator Head DAC.  Very interesting !

post #80 of 320

Just requested a quotation for a  Big7 based  Head DAC :p   

 

This HEAD DAC solution might save me the cost of buying an expensive Headphone AMP like Eddie Current 4-45 or BA !

 

post #81 of 320
^ that is just wonderful!
post #82 of 320



post #83 of 320

Very nice gear Al!

post #84 of 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articnoise View Post
 

Very nice gear Al!

 

Agreed!  Al has quite a setup.

post #85 of 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmichels View Post
 

Just requested a quotation for a  Big7 based  Head DAC :p   

 

This HEAD DAC solution might save me the cost of buying an expensive Headphone AMP like Eddie Current 4-45 or BA !

 

 

You'll have to let us know about the reply.  I haven't seen anything yet on the Lampizator web site re: the Head DAC price and availability date.

post #86 of 320
Pm or email rob or Fred . I can ask someone also in the morning. But if it was me I am not sure I would add the headphone amp inside if it were a big 7
Al
post #87 of 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post

Pm or email rob or Fred . I can ask someone also in the morning. But if it was me I am not sure I would add the headphone amp inside if it were a big 7
Al

 

According to Lampizator, the Head DAC is a separate standalone product.  They dropped plans to make it an add on option to the Lampizator DACs with Volume Control.

post #88 of 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post

Pm or email rob or Fred . I can ask someone also in the morning. But if it was me I am not sure I would add the headphone amp inside if it were a big 7
Al

Agreed,

 

I have a problem seeing a differential summator type circuit in a B7. B7 is too much on a knife's edge for that. It is too finely tuned a circuit and layout for that.

post #89 of 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisnon View Post
 

Agreed,

 

I have a problem seeing a differential summator type circuit in a B7. B7 is too much on a knife's edge for that. It is too finely tuned a circuit and layout for that.

 

That's probably one of the reasons they elected to make the Head DAC a separate unit vs. an integrated option.  Will watch for more info on the Head DAC.

post #90 of 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoura View Post
 

 

That's probably one of the reasons they elected to make the Head DAC a separate unit vs. an integrated option.  Will watch for more info on the Head DAC.

Exactly bmoura 

 

I had been discussing these things with Lukasz , so just be patient and wait. He should publish some basic information as well as announce the price for the unit over the weekend. As wisnon said ,putting anything into B7 would simply brake its balance, which they achieved long working hard. This is a key point with DHT.  Why should they compromise their statement product? No one is doing such a thing. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING