or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Quality of Vsonic IEMS

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 

Hello everyone,

 

So I had GR02 BE for 3 months before cable near the jack broke and I get distortion when I move cable. Now more than a year ago I bought also GR07 mkII, which I used very little and treated them very accurately, but again they got same problem - when I move cable near the jack I get sound distortion and one earplug even does not play sometimes due to that. Am I just that unlucky or it's common occurrence?

 

I don't know if Lendmeurears will replace gr07 mkII for me because I have them over the year now, and if not it's just incredible big expense for me to buy such an expensive IEMs to last less than 1.5 year. I expected them to last over 4 years for sure due to such cost. 

 

Any comments?

post #2 of 15
It's not even a problem, probably just oxidation on the plugs. Try wiping them down with an alcohol swab, should solve all your problems
post #3 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23t23dS View Post

It's not even a problem, probably just oxidation on the plugs. Try wiping them down with an alcohol swab, should solve all your problems

Really? But distortion is not when I move jack, it's just I when I am moving the cable near the jack (for both IEMs).

post #4 of 15
Thread Starter 

I tried cleaning with hydrogen peroxide, nothing changed, and I can see that distortion is when I move the cable itself without moving the jack.

post #5 of 15
I have a GR06 for over 2 years now. It has been into the washing machine together with my pants and hasn't exactly been treated all that gentle but it's still doing good! smily_headphones1.gif
post #6 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina View Post
 

Hello everyone,

 

So I had GR02 BE for 3 months before cable near the jack broke and I get distortion when I move cable. Now more than a year ago I bought also GR07 mkII, which I used very little and treated them very accurately, but again they got same problem - when I move cable near the jack I get sound distortion and one earplug even does not play sometimes due to that. Am I just that unlucky or it's common occurrence?

 

I don't know if Lendmeurears will replace gr07 mkII for me because I have them over the year now, and if not it's just incredible big expense for me to buy such an expensive IEMs to last less than 1.5 year. I expected them to last over 4 years for sure due to such cost. 

 

Any comments?

It's fairly common for earphones.

 

It happens when you pull on or bend the cable near the jack plug (especially when unplugging), causing the cable strands to break/loosen.

 

This is more likely to happen if it doesn't have heavy strain relief and is basically relying on the solder joint for structural strength.

 

 

Don't buy a new one. Cut the jack plug off and solder on a new one.


Edited by higbvuyb - 4/17/14 at 9:31pm
post #7 of 15
Wow, I have the same problem. How much would a recable cost? It might be my only option at this point.
post #8 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by higbvuyb View Post
 

It's fairly common for earphones.

 

It happens when you pull on or bend the cable near the jack plug (especially when unplugging), causing the cable strands to break/loosen.

 

This is more likely to happen if it doesn't have heavy strain relief and is basically relying on the solder joint for structural strength.

 

 

Don't buy a new one. Cut the jack plug off and solder on a new one.

But considering how accurately I was using them, and how rare I used them it's very very surprising. I mean it's not 5$ earphones, it was 140$ and if it's normal for such an expensive IEMs to breaks just like that then I am never ever buying expensive IEMs again in my life, unless they have replaceable cable.

 

Oh and by the way, GR07 mkII got very stiff and uncomfortable cable, which purpose I thought was to make it more robust, but apparently it's not, so I don't see why would they make the cable so stiff.

post #9 of 15

do you always leave the cable loose? Do you ever pull on the cable or put tension on it? do you wrap the cable around an ipod or phone?

post #10 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by higbvuyb View Post
 

do you always leave the cable loose? Do you ever pull on the cable or put tension on it? do you wrap the cable around an ipod or phone?

I never wrap the cable around anything, I often put it in and out of pocket when changing tracks, but IEMs are not supposed to be listened only at home I guess? Otherwise I would just buy big headphones.

post #11 of 15

Vsonic GR07MK II  - since 1.5 years daily use on and  from  way to work (1.5hours).

 

No issues with cable, but i store them in small case from Westone.

post #12 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael4321 View Post
 

Vsonic GR07MK II  - since 1.5 years daily use on and  from  way to work (1.5hours).

 

No issues with cable, but i store them in small case from Westone.

Wow you used much more than me. I used maybe few hours a week max, and sometimes it went off for weeks without any usage.

 

Wonder if indeed they broke due to the way I handled them, or it's manufacturing defect.

post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina View Post
 

Wonder if indeed they broke due to the way I handled them, or it's manufacturing defect.

Could be.

 

This kind of failure isn't rare in IEMs, but VSonics aren't worse in this regard.

 

IEMs can also go for years and still work fine - I've had IEMs that I've plugged in and unplugged daily over 4+ years, left loose in a pocket, gotten hooked on door handles, yanked out of my ears because I dropped the player it was plugged into, etc. yet are still working as well as they did out of the box.

post #14 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by higbvuyb View Post
 

Could be.

 

This kind of failure isn't rare in IEMs, but VSonics aren't worse in this regard.

 

IEMs can also go for years and still work fine - I've had IEMs that I've plugged in and unplugged daily over 4+ years, left loose in a pocket, gotten hooked on door handles, yanked out of my ears because I dropped the player it was plugged into, etc. yet are still working as well as they did out of the box.

Hmm, but both IEMs breaking in exact same spot in around 3 week period is very suspicious. At the time of breaking I was using them in the gym though, but I don't see how using them in the gym influenced cable breaking near the jack.


Edited by Alpina - 4/18/14 at 7:11am
post #15 of 15

have had the casing break 2x on the vc1000 in the same spot while changing tips (only iem it's happened with).

 

my gr07 also stopped working due to the cable.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: