Hello fellow Head-Fi'ers,
I'm in a "tough" situation here and need some help to make this decision ;)
I currently own the AH-D600 and an Audiolab M-DAC. I'm very pleased with the DENONs - actually the only thing I dislike about them, is the not-so-exclusive design and choice of materials.
Thing is that I now can get my hands on the 7100 at half price (brand new), but I am not able to try them before buying. Of course I will be able to return them if I don't like them, but as we all know, it takes time for a new set of cans to really open up and reach their potential. So I don't think that do me any good.
My question is then - do I take this amazing offer or pass?
Honestly there are a lot of other cans I'm more in love with (because of design and build quality), like the B&W P7 - they look like a steal at the price!
But on the other hand, getting a set of ultra high-end cans at half price is almost too good a deal to pass!