or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet, August 9, 2014, Marriott Warner Center
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet, August 9, 2014, Marriott Warner Center - Page 29  

post #421 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by donaldj68 View Post

 

THanks for any good words and also.. where are the close good places to stay

 

Don J

 

Well the meet takes place in a hotel. Can't beat that!

post #422 of 542
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldj68 View Post
 


Looking for some encouragement to make the long trip from the Phoenix area to see what the folks in SoCal do to make a "newbie" welcome

 

I would like to bring my IBasso DX50 and PSB M4U2headphones so that I can make some reasonable judgements about what I am seeing and hearing

 

THanks for any good words and also.. where are the close good places to stay

 

Don J

 

Definitely come, you will have an amazing time!!! There are quite a few folks staying at the hotel both Friday and Saturday night so in addition to the main event on Saturday, we will be doing dinner, drinks and impromptu listening sessions on Friday night. And of course, we're doing the big Birthday Party for Warren on Saturday night. It will be an awesome weekend!!!!

post #423 of 542

OK, I'm definitely in (we're not leaving for the UK until Labor Day weekend).

 

Assuming that all the gear that's out on loan makes it home by Friday, I will be hosting a very big very small shootout at my table: Geek Out 450 vs. Herus vs. Nano iDSD.  I should also have my Aedle VK-1s with me, so Warren or Ethan, please update the gear list accordingly (and be sure to come by -- trust me, you want to hear the Aedles).

 

Looking forward to seeing y'all.


Edited by burnspbesq - 8/4/14 at 3:37pm
post #424 of 542
I hope i am not too late for a tee Decotint White | XL | 1
post #425 of 542
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
 

OK, I'm definitely in (we're not leaving for the UK until Labor Day weekend).

 

Assuming that all the gear that's out on loan makes it home by Friday, I will be hosting a very big very small shootout at my table: Geek Out 450 vs. Herus vs. Nano iDSD.  I should also have my Aedle VK-1s with me, so Warren or Ethan, please update the gear list accordingly (and be sure to come by -- trust me, you want to hear the Aedles).

 

Looking forward to seeing y'all.

Cool! I updated the list and will for sure stop by to hear those VK-1's!

post #426 of 542
Thread Starter 

Reminder

Guys, if you plan on attending the meet, please visit http://tinyurl.com/LA-Meet-Registration to complete the online registration form! We would really like to get as much of the printing done early this week and personalized name badges are COOL!!!

 

 

post #427 of 542

The 2014 meet shirts are now available for purchase at http://tee-design.org/head-fi/head-fi-2014-los-angeles-summer-meet-tee. Orders placed within the next few days will almost certainly be available for pickup at the meet; even if you missed today's deadline, rest assured that you can still bring a shirt home from the meet. In addition to helping cover meet costs, your purchases will be used to provide funding for two worthy 501c3 causes, the clothing of the homeless (tee-design), and the furnishing of cochlear implants for children. 

post #428 of 542
Here is what we will be bringing:
 
Headphones: HD650, HD800, HE-400, LCD-2
Amps: WA7, Cloud Nine (multiple)
Various IEM, Headphone, and Interconnect cables
 
We will be offering a 20% OFF + NO SALES TAX special on all demos at the meet and giving out exclusive code for use to order online.
 
Also, we are giving away a pair of cables for the raffle consisting of ONE 6” mini to mini and ONE 1’ female to mini extension cable using cryo treated plugs and new type 6 litz wires. ($200 Value).
 
See you all on Saturday!
PLUSSOUND is a manufacturer of high quality audio amplifiers and custom audio cables for headphones and in-ear monitors. All products are designed...
post #429 of 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by plusSound View Post

Here is what we will be bringing:
 
Headphones: HD650, HD800, HE-400, LCD-2
Amps: WA7, Cloud Nine (multiple)
Various IEM, Headphone, and Interconnect cables
 
We will be offering a 20% OFF + NO SALES TAX special on all demos at the meet and giving out exclusive code for use to order online.
 
Also, we are giving away a pair of cables for the raffle consisting of ONE 6” mini to mini and ONE 1’ female to mini extension cable using cryo treated plugs and new type 6 litz wires. ($200 Value).
 
See you all on Saturday!

Awesome. I'll be sure to stop by. I had planned to order some things this week. Perfect timing.
post #430 of 542
Honestly, I can't wait to attend the show (for the first time)
post #431 of 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemmaster View Post
 

Electrostatics

 

 

Thats what I said.

 

 

And you cant prove otherwise.:D

post #432 of 542

Quick question I noticed a lot of CIEMs on the gear list is that just what people are bringing or are they planning to demo them?  I ask because I am unsure of how you demo a CIEM.

post #433 of 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiofrk View Post

Quick question I noticed a lot of CIEMs on the gear list is that just what people are bringing or are they planning to demo them?  I ask because I am unsure of how you demo a CIEM.

Companies who make them and show up at the meets have universal versions for people to listen.
post #434 of 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insidious Meme View Post

Companies who make them and show up at the meets have universal versions for people to listen.

They bring CIEMS with tips so you can listen to them

Also I love your avatar.
Edited by shiorisekine - 8/4/14 at 11:32pm
post #435 of 542
Thread Starter 

Table Space

We still have 3-4 full tables available for attendees who would like to exhibit their rigs. In addition, we will have general seating available for those with portable rigs or for those that just want to sit for a while during the show.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet, August 9, 2014, Marriott Warner Center