or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New Firmware, 2.5.1 . . .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New Firmware, 2.5.1 . . . - Page 42

post #616 of 3032
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post
 

I have never heard the Tera, but let the DX90 keep burning in and compare again after 400 hours or so. 


I have been burning in the DX90 24 hours a day for 7 days mostly with the tracks from my Isotonic burn in CD which is supposed to dramatically speed up the burn in process. And as I said, the DX90 sounds amazingly good for its price. If I did not have the Tera on hand to compare it with, I would be very content with the DX90.

 

post #617 of 3032
Quote:
Originally Posted by rptlead View Post
 

+1 to this. There will always be risk.  That being said, my initial and only impression - actually more of speculation at this point - is that yeah, they really dont have intentions to defraud people out of their money.  So you will get what you purchase - but just make sure they have it in stock as I their customer service is sort of boxed on known/common things - outlier cases they really dont handle very well.  Also take a screen shot of the product page on top of the receipt you get before and after purchase so you will have proof to show them.  I'm even speculating that this their customer service is outsource to a bpo company somewhere else hence the lack of direct phone number.

generally i'd advice myself from online companies that do not have a contact number. But that dx90 really made me impatient that time. lol. wrong move.

 

;) tell me about it. Agreed though that their customer service is somewhat lacking.

post #618 of 3032
Just want to share that DX90 pairs very well with ety ER4S. smily_headphones1.gif
post #619 of 3032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivabign View Post

Driving to the bank this evening, I was listening to an album I have heard a hundred times (if I can't tell you guys - who do I tell? My wife CGAS) Genesis: Selling England By The Pound - the song "Firth Of Fifth" - during Peter Gabriel's flute solo I had never noticed him inhale between notes - maybe it was always there, but I never heard them separately like this before. Now Gabriel isn't Ian Anderson, who breathes in at 96db - Gabriel tries to be unobtrusive. With the DX90, he doesn't get away with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfoto View Post

GREAT album and Track! I hear what you are describing on both my home HP rig and home loudspeaker setup, so I'll make a note to myself to listen for this when I receive my DX-90. Thanks for the tip! Also check for foot taps in Livingston Taylor's "Grandma's Hands". Also FYI, a lot of the Mappleshade discs have subtle details like that which will be buried/missed unless you have a very resolving playback chain. I'm also looking forward to listening to a WAV rip of the Arne Domnérus / Lars Erstrand "Live is Life" 32-bit mastered disc (on Proprius label/Elusive Disc), especially the drum solo in the track, "Drum Boogie".

@Ivabign, so I listened to the Genesis "Firth of Fifth" track with the DX90 through my T1's, and Peter Gabriel's breaths during the flute solo are there in great detail. smily_headphones1.gif You also mentioned Ian Anderson, so you might want to check out the CD, "WXPN Live At The World Cafe, Vol. 18". Ian performs an awesome Live version of "Living in the Past" that has excellent detail via the DX90. wink.gif

There are MANY other excellent Live tracks on this CD, such as, Joss Stone "Fell in Love With a Boy", Rachael Yamagata "Wore Me Down", Allman Brothers Band "Midnight Rider", The Mavericks "Dance the Night Away", Blind Boys of Alabama "Amazing Grace", etc. I'm listening to this album as I type. smily_headphones1.gif Check out the track list at...

http://www.xpn.org/component/k2/item/1886-various-artists-live-at-the-world-cafe-volume-18-ill-take-you-there-world-cafe

@headwhacker was right! This little DAP is amazing...it's driving my Beyerdynamic T1's with no problem at all. tongue.gif I'll give a thorough review soon, but FYI, the short version is, "I'm blown away"! smily_headphones1.gif
post #620 of 3032

Just wanted you guys to know that the DX90 will be in stock again next week at mp4nation. This is what I was sent back:

Quote:
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. The next batch for the DX90 players are expected to arrive by next week. Once we receive the stock, your order will be mailed out.

Thank you
Vijay.

 

Can't wait!

post #621 of 3032

I think I am about to place my order at mp4nation, that deal with the Brainwavz R3 is just too good to pass up even if you don't use them.

My intention was to order my new DAP when my 128GB microSD card arrived and that day will be today hopefully the DX90 is the way to go at this point because that is what will be ordering.

 

Find it unusual though that the DX90 comes with a silicone case yet they try to sell you a silicone case on top of your order for $9.50 more.


Edited by BoneEnterprise - 4/30/14 at 7:24am
post #622 of 3032

Haha yes, I almost bought it. Maybe they took it out of the box even though it's in the package content on their site.

post #623 of 3032
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldgroot View Post
 

Haha yes, I almost bought it. Maybe they took it out of the box even though it's in the package content on their site.


If they do I am going to call their ass out on it.

post #624 of 3032

Ok finally got my DX90 today. Turned it on and it was fully charged. Nice.

 

Loaded my songs into an uSD card, inserted it into the player, pressed play and WOW... it was really really good and the smoothness of its presentation seems to be improving the longer I play it.

 

I initially noticed the player's shuffle feature and back (rewind) button were behaving oddly. Songs were jumping all over the place, sometimes restarting 2-3 times over after playing for 5-10 seconds, etc. I figured my files needed a bit of a clean up and so I ran some sanitary checks on them using MP3Tag and the issues were mostly resolved after. No more laggy player response, forward and reverse work as they should, shuffle is fine. Perfect... Almost.

 

And then I noticed something terribly wrong with the back (rewind) button. The physical button. Whenever I touch it, the button is activated. And I mean the slightest of touch, not pressing on it, no clicking action, even through the silicone cover, triggers the button. Is anyone else facing this issue???

 

I ordered from MP4Nation on the 22nd, delivered today, was enjoying the heck out of it and then wham! I discover the back button issue. Sighhhh...

 

The thought of having to send it back for an RMA claim on the very first day I get it and then the wait for a replacement is seriously painful at the moment. Sighhhhhhhhhh...

 

And I've actually managed to perfectly install the screen protector. No bubbles and in perfect orientation, you can barely notice it's there. Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......

 

And it just so happens I'm not working Thursday through Sunday.

 

Of course.

 

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..............................................................

 

 

 

 

Evidence of perfectly installed screen protector:

 

 

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......................................................................................

 

/rant.

post #625 of 3032
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaYwEeD View Post
The thought of having to send it back for an RMA claim on the very first day I get it and then the wait for a replacement is seriously painful at the moment. Sighhhhhhhhhh...

 

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......................................................................................

 

/rant.

Was literally about to click on the checkout button on their site, hopefully they did not get a bad run from iBasso.

I am now debating on if I should proceed with this order, though I know if I don't then I will be missing on the pair of Brainwavz R3 they are throwing in.

post #626 of 3032
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldgroot View Post
 

Just wanted you guys to know that the DX90 will be in stock again next week at mp4nation. This is what I was sent back:

 

Can't wait!


When I see it, I'll still have to check based on past performance..........Let me know when you have it, not when its arriving.....Thank you very much!

post #627 of 3032
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaYwEeD View Post
 

Ok finally got my DX90 today. Turned it on and it was fully charged. Nice.

 

Loaded my songs into an uSD card, inserted it into the player, pressed play and WOW... it was really really good and the smoothness of its presentation seems to be improving the longer I play it.

 

I initially noticed the player's shuffle feature and back (rewind) button were behaving oddly. Songs were jumping all over the place, sometimes restarting 2-3 times over after playing for 5-10 seconds, etc. I figured my files needed a bit of a clean up and so I ran some sanitary checks on them using MP3Tag and the issues were mostly resolved after. No more laggy player response, forward and reverse work as they should, shuffle is fine. Perfect... Almost.

 

And then I noticed something terribly wrong with the back (rewind) button. The physical button. Whenever I touch it, the button is activated. And I mean the slightest of touch, not pressing on it, no clicking action, even through the silicone cover, triggers the button. Is anyone else facing this issue???

 

I ordered from MP4Nation on the 22nd, delivered today, was enjoying the heck out of it and then wham! I discover the back button issue. Sighhhh...

 

The thought of having to send it back for an RMA claim on the very first day I get it and then the wait for a replacement is seriously painful at the moment. Sighhhhhhhhhh...

 

And I've actually managed to perfectly install the screen protector. No bubbles and in perfect orientation, you can barely notice it's there. Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......

 

And it just so happens I'm not working Thursday through Sunday.

 

 

Why no enjoy it these few days and then send it back on friday? Email them to let them know you will send it back friday or maybe even monday if they agree to that?

post #628 of 3032
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaYwEeD View Post
 

Ok finally got my DX90 today. Turned it on and it was fully charged. Nice.

 

Loaded my songs into an uSD card, inserted it into the player, pressed play and WOW... it was really really good and the smoothness of its presentation seems to be improving the longer I play it.

 

I initially noticed the player's shuffle feature and back (rewind) button were behaving oddly. Songs were jumping all over the place, sometimes restarting 2-3 times over after playing for 5-10 seconds, etc. I figured my files needed a bit of a clean up and so I ran some sanitary checks on them using MP3Tag and the issues were mostly resolved after. No more laggy player response, forward and reverse work as they should, shuffle is fine. Perfect... Almost.

 

And then I noticed something terribly wrong with the back (rewind) button. The physical button. Whenever I touch it, the button is activated. And I mean the slightest of touch, not pressing on it, no clicking action, even through the silicone cover, triggers the button. Is anyone else facing this issue???

 

I ordered from MP4Nation on the 22nd, delivered today, was enjoying the heck out of it and then wham! I discover the back button issue. Sighhhh...

 

The thought of having to send it back for an RMA claim on the very first day I get it and then the wait for a replacement is seriously painful at the moment. Sighhhhhhhhhh...

 

And I've actually managed to perfectly install the screen protector. No bubbles and in perfect orientation, you can barely notice it's there. Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......

 

And it just so happens I'm not working Thursday through Sunday.

 

Of course.

 

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..............................................................

 

 

 

 

Evidence of perfectly installed screen protector:

 

 

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......................................................................................

 

/rant.

 

Ah so unfortunate. :-\ what a hassle.

 

I assume you tried a factory reset? Sounds so weird that merely laying your finger on the button would prompt such a response.. perhaps it's something that kicks in regardless of you touching the button and it has to do with the firmware? 

post #629 of 3032
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaYwEeD View Post
 

 

And then I noticed something terribly wrong with the back (rewind) button. The physical button. Whenever I touch it, the button is activated. And I mean the slightest of touch, not pressing on it, no clicking action, even through the silicone cover, triggers the button. Is anyone else facing this issue???

 

Had the exact same problem with my DX90, which I ordered directly from iBasso. Mailed them about it and got a new DX90 from them in less than a week.

Perfect customer service. I have no experience with mp4nation though...

post #630 of 3032

My DX90 works fine (knock on wood), no button issues. My TG334's never sounded so good. I believe the DX90 is a wonderful value. I haven't personally compared it against the expensive AK line but I really don't think they could sound that much better. iBasso hit a home run with the DX90, we are lucky to be living in these times.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New Firmware, 2.5.1 . . .