or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New Firmware, 2.5.1 . . .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New Firmware, 2.5.1 . . . - Page 20

post #286 of 3032

Is there an equaliser in DX90? If yes, how many bands are there? Thanks

post #287 of 3032

Based on the specs is sounds wodnerful, I've got a Sabre ES90XX chip[s] in my Audio GD 10ES2 and they sound wonderful

 

How ever the review was... so... well HYPE ALERT. I mean it was very vague. I'm a little astonished it got front page coverage with such vague wording.

 

I assume that it's a very clean sounding DAP, aside from that not much

 

I still enjoy my hm801 [line out into my pb2]  so I suppose I'll be using it a little while longer... still I'd love to get a chance to hear the DX 50 and 90 

 

I just hope the DX90 [and I expect it does] has a better Dac implimentation than the Fiio X5, the X5 was very clean, but still the line out from  teh dac was rather lack luster imo... reminds me of line out of my old iPod Nano 

post #288 of 3032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

Based on the specs is sounds wodnerful, I've got a Sabre ES90XX chips in my Audio GD 10ES2 and they sound wonderful

How ever the review was... so... well HYPE ALERT. I mean it was very vague. I'm a little astonished it got front page coverage with such vague wording.

I assume that it's a very clean sounding DAP, aside from that not much

I still enjoy my hm801 [line out into my pb2]  so I suppose I'll be using it a little while longer... still I'd love to get a chance to hear the DX 50 and 90 

I just hope the DX90 [and I expect it does] has a better Dac implimentation than the Fiio X5, the X5 was very clean, but still the line out from  teh dac was rather lack luster imo... reminds me of line out of my old iPod Nano 

I compared the dx90 LO->nfb28 analog input via some cheap QED cable vs nfb28 standalone and I can say they are on par or the dx90 might actually sound a bit more musical.... didn't have the x5 with me now to compare the same.
post #289 of 3032
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post


I compared the dx90 LO->nfb28 analog input via some cheap QED cable vs nfb28 standalone and I can say they are on par or the dx90 might actually sound a bit more musical.... didn't have the x5 with me now to compare the same.

 

And there goes batch number 2 :P

post #290 of 3032
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeissiez View Post

Is there an equaliser in DX90? If yes, how many bands are there? Thanks

Yes. 8 or 10 bands, cant remember
post #291 of 3032
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeissiez View Post
 

Is there an equaliser in DX90? If yes, how many bands are there? Thanks

 

 

DX90:

 

http://ibasso.com/en/products/show.asp?ID=83

 

 

shares much of the same firmware as DX50:

 

http://ibasso.com/en/products/show.asp?ID=81

 

This is the DX50 user interface (including equaliser):

post #292 of 3032

Anyone try one of these batteries? Seems to be the highest capacity without being the oversized variety. http://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Capacity-3800mAh-Battery-for-Samsung-Galaxy-S3-i9300-GOOD-Quality-/171302171607?pt=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Batteries&hash=item27e267b3d7 Ordered one to try out on the DX90..Seems to be getting decent feedback for the vendors for this battery. Will report how it does when I get it.

 

Oh yea so I suppose I gotta throw my $0.02 worth of impressions of the player here. It is in every way an upgrade to the DX50. Sounds euphoric using my FX850 woody. Sony H3 and the IM03. Headphone wise the Fidelio L2 and SRH1540 both sound stupendous using the DX90. Actually I have never had a player that makes everything I own sound to their full potential like the DX90. Wish the battery would last longer hence the new battery purchase. Currently burning in the player.. Will report back once I get more time in the player.


Edited by Dsnuts - 4/19/14 at 11:13am
post #293 of 3032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post
 

Anyone try one of these batteries? Seems to be the highest capacity without being the oversized variety. http://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Capacity-3800mAh-Battery-for-Samsung-Galaxy-S3-i9300-GOOD-Quality-/171302171607?pt=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Batteries&hash=item27e267b3d7 Ordered one to try out on the DX90..Seems to be getting decent feedback for the vendors for this battery. Will report how it does when I get it.

 

If the size remain constant then it may be good. But I worry about safety of these batteries that come from sellers with unknown reputations...

post #294 of 3032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post
 

Anyone try one of these batteries? Seems to be the highest capacity without being the oversized variety. http://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Capacity-3800mAh-Battery-for-Samsung-Galaxy-S3-i9300-GOOD-Quality-/171302171607?pt=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Batteries&hash=item27e267b3d7 Ordered one to try out on the DX90..Seems to be getting decent feedback for the vendors for this battery. Will report how it does when I get it.

 

Well, they're only cheap, so I suppose there's no harm in trying, but, to be completely honest, I am suspicious that it appears to be identical size to a 2100mah genuine Samsung battery, and I really don't think Samsung, with all their R&D and manufacturing capabilities, would produce a 2100mah cell for their highly-competitive phones, if they could produce (or buy-in) a cell almost double the capacity and the exact same size.

 

 

 Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

 

In short, if that photograph is accurate, then I doubt that the cell truly is 3800mah - probably more like 2600mah, at best.

 

However, I would be extremely happy to be proven wrong, because I'd buy several myself, so please let us all know how well it performs for you :beerchug:

 

 

 

.


Edited by Mython - 4/19/14 at 11:12am
post #295 of 3032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post
 

 

Well, they're only cheap, so I suppose there's no harm in trying, but, to be completely honest, I am suspicious that it appears to be identical size to a 2100mah genuine Samsung battery, and I really don't think Samsung, with all their R&D and manufacturing capabilities, would produce a 2100mah cell for their highly-competitive phones, if they could produce (or buy-in) a cell almost double the capacity and the exact same size.

 

 

 Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

 

In short, if that photograph is accurate, then I doubt that the cell truly is 3800mah - probably more like 2600mah, at best.

 

However, I would be extremely happy to be proven wrong, because I'd buy several myself, so please let us all know how well it performs for you :beerchug:

 

 

 

.

Batteries can explode, please be careful when using it.. /kappa

post #296 of 3032

I also had doubts that it is actually a 3800mA Battery but I will be happy if it at least lasts as long as the stock one I have on the player. I can just switch out batteries when I want longer time on the player so no big deal. Will be a nice surprise if it comes anywhere close to being 3000mA. For $10 bucks I will test it out.

post #297 of 3032

Yeah, it's fair enough to give it a try, at that price.

post #298 of 3032
hi folks, im only at page 10 of my reading and all these positive impressions and comparisons with other ibasso DAPs are just crazy. im really tempted to grab one for myself but am yet to find some comparisons with other DAPs.btw, im coming from a J3 and just using an OK1. im initially looking to upgrade to either the HM 601LE/602 which is kind of outdated at the moment but based on my reading so far here at headfi, the DAP would pair very well with bright sounding phones like the OK1. All I am seeing so far is that the DX90 has an awesome soundstage, great clarity and details and extended treble which the Yuin already has. Do you think it would pair nicely with the Yuin unamped? Or shall I rather go to a warmer sounding DAP for a much better synergy. Im not planning to use an amp to keep my setup as portable and simple as it could but the OK1 is power hungry at 150 ohms so the DAP must still have enough power to truly drive it. Hope anybody here with experience with both players shed some lights. I know the ibasso is more expensive but let's see if it's really worth it then why not.
Edited by jrazmar - 4/19/14 at 11:42am
post #299 of 3032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post
 

Anyone try one of these batteries? Seems to be the highest capacity without being the oversized variety. http://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Capacity-3800mAh-Battery-for-Samsung-Galaxy-S3-i9300-GOOD-Quality-/171302171607?pt=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Batteries&hash=item27e267b3d7 Ordered one to try out on the DX90..Seems to be getting decent feedback for the vendors for this battery. Will report how it does when I get it.

 

Oh yea so I suppose I gotta throw my $0.02 worth of impressions of the player here. It is in every way an upgrade to the DX50. Sounds euphoric using my FX850 woody. Sony H3 and the IM03. Headphone wise the Fidelio L2 and SRH1540 both sound stupendous using the DX90. Actually I have never had a player that makes everything I own sound to their full potential like the DX90. Wish the battery would last longer hence the new battery purchase. Currently burning in the player.. Will report back once I get more time in the player.

I'm sure it's been addressed, but I can't find what the stock battery life is.

post #300 of 3032
Claimed 8-9 hours
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New Firmware, 2.5.1 . . .