or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New Firmware, 2.5.1 . . .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New Firmware, 2.5.1 . . . - Page 12

post #166 of 3032
Quote:
Originally Posted by avl06 View Post
 

This thing is fantastic. Playing it with HD600 right now. Drives it easy, great soundstage, detail, presence. Could be game over for me and DAPs for the forseeable :)

Yeah I have that and told myself the same until until I saw this: :D

 

 

Than I felt like doing this:

 

Requires a lot of restraint. :devil_face: 

post #167 of 3032
Quote:
Originally Posted by avl06 View Post
 

This thing is fantastic. Playing it with HD600 right now. Drives it easy, great soundstage, detail, presence. Could be game over for me and DAPs for the forseeable :)

Me too, it seems a nice pair with the HD600, it drives it so well...

 

And i am currently using a se846 too, i shall observe more of its performance though

post #168 of 3032

I got my DX90 yesterday also. Everything seems to be working fine. This is my first standalone DAP. I have been using the Galaxy Note 2 with the neutron player until now. I am hearing lot's of detail in the music, that I never heard before. I am also looking for headphones/iems in the up to $100 range that will pair nicely with the DX90. Any recommendations? Thanks.

post #169 of 3032
 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post
 

I appreciate that it's early days, but I find it peculiar that everyone is comparing the DX90 to the DX50, whilst almost no one has even mentioned the DX100 in the equation.

 

Anyone remember the DX100?

 

It's that brilliant DAP that is made by iBasso and is based upon a Sabre DAC - desktop version, maybe, but still the same fundamental DAC technology.

dx90 is excellent when pairing with earphone that requires less energy. it is more musical and euphonic. its more comfortable to listen to dx90 for a long duration 

dx100 gives more details and has deeper bass. To me, dx100 is better when paired with CMs as it gives a better soundstage and more powerful expression:)

 


Edited by jackjack2011 - 4/18/14 at 9:47am
post #170 of 3032
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackjack2011 View Post
 

dx90 is excellent when pairing with earphone that requires less energy. it is more musical and euphonic. its more comfortable to listen to dx90 for a long duration 

dx100 gives more details and has deeper bass. To me, dx100 is better when paired with CMs as it gives a better soundstage and more powerful expression:)

 

 

 

Thanks for your feedback - may I ask what headphones or IEMS/CIEMs you were using to come to this conclusion?

 

Cheers.

post #171 of 3032
Quote:
Originally Posted by CracKinGDucK View Post

Me too, it seems a nice pair with the HD600, it drives it so well...
Good to hear. Too bad I left it at home.
post #172 of 3032
I have had some time this morning for dx90 and dx100 comparisons. Using B & W p5 and se846 is better with dx90. Using grado rs2 is better with dx100. The dx90 is becoming the ultimate portable dap for me!
post #173 of 3032
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmsJtmz32 View Post

Sorensiim, have you tried dx90 with K10? How is the pairing?

 

Very, very enjoyable. Soooo much detail and clarity, yet so musical that I can't keep my feet from tapping. The K10 sounds spectacular with the PB2 amp but I won't be using that on the go anymore, K10 straight from the DX90 nothing short of GREAT.

post #174 of 3032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post
 

 

 

Thanks for your feedback - may I ask what headphones or IEMS/CIEMs you were using to come to this conclusion?

 

Cheers.

i currently have a (tf10+1 ba unit) cm and Q701. i have also tested them out with jh13 pro demo, mh334 demo, stage/ve  4 demo, ve 6 demo

 

edit: on a side note i have done some modification to my dx100 phone out so it may be a little bit unfair :p 


Edited by jackjack2011 - 4/18/14 at 10:52am
post #175 of 3032
Loving it with W4r very refined
post #176 of 3032

55 hours on my DX90, far too few of them involving me, about 53 of them have been looping the burn-in album through the burn-in album to clock some hours.

 

Those Sabre DACs are awesome. They really give you E V E R Y T H I N G. All the tiny details, all the spatial clues. This means that live albums only sound "large" if they're in a large venue. Example: Muse - Live At Rome's Olympic Stadium clearly sounds larger than Adele - Live At Royal Albert Hall. Black Background? PITCH BLACK - if the recording is dead quiet. This is bad news for bad recordings and revealing headphones, but feed it quality material and the DX90 delivers. Everything sounds so very real - we're in DX100 territory here, but at half the price and half the size. 

post #177 of 3032

I am very tempted by this dap. The only thing putting me off is if this volume bug makes a reappearance. Has it definitely gone? I figure i can use my phone for my podcasts and audiobooks and just use this for music. 

post #178 of 3032
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimadz View Post

Anyone ever tried the DX90 with JH16?


+1

post #179 of 3032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbleroar View Post
 

I am very tempted by this dap. The only thing putting me off is if this volume bug makes a reappearance. Has it definitely gone? I figure i can use my phone for my podcasts and audiobooks and just use this for music. 

So far so good but mind you it's not been 24 hours yet however I believe I would have gotten it by now. I am using the exact same library than the DX50 and performing the same operations from the HO that is so I think it's gone. :gs1000smile: 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post
 

55 hours on my DX90, far too few of them involving me, about 53 of them have been looping the burn-in album through the burn-in album to clock some hours.

 

Those Sabre DACs are awesome. They really give you E V E R Y T H I N G. All the tiny details, all the spatial clues. This means that live albums only sound "large" if they're in a large venue. Example: Muse - Live At Rome's Olympic Stadium clearly sounds larger than Adele - Live At Royal Albert Hall. Black Background? PITCH BLACK - if the recording is dead quiet. This is bad news for bad recordings and revealing headphones, but feed it quality material and the DX90 delivers. Everything sounds so very real - we're in DX100 territory here, but at half the price and half the size. 

 

 

I find acapellas (including the pauses they make) excellent in gaging the background blackness and with the ones I have, it's DARK, pitch BLACK. When closing my eyes and listening, it's like I am in an empty room with the singer showing off his/her voice.


Edited by musicheaven - 4/18/14 at 11:18am
post #180 of 3032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivabign View Post


+1

Not JH16 but it works great with my JH13
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New Firmware, 2.5.1 . . .