This isn't something that should need to be fixed in the first place, but since it is, the question is WHEN will it be completely fixed, and will it be "borked" again when we do the next firmware update?
Completely agree as well. Again...how many Player apps are currently in the Android/Google Play Store that handle ID3 tags without issue?
Guys, if we just accept this crappy firmware and UI and don't complain, nothing will ever be improved. That's true in all aspects of life. (Though after witnessing the DX50 debacle, I'm losing faith that anything will be completely "fixed" even with our complaints and suggestions!) :( If you like living in mediocrity with a half-@ssed DAP, that's your choice, but the Squeaky Wheel Gets the Oil! (And unfortunately sometimes gets banned or shunned for posting valid issues). In all honesty, there is no acceptable reason that this DAP's UI and firmware should be "squeaky" in the first place.
Guys, the reason that I am so frustrated is that I know what this DAP could, and should, be. The sound quality is absolutely phenominal, but (for me) this device is very frustrating to use. And yes, I do use Folder/Directory View & Selection...but should I be forced to in order for it to work properly?
Here are just a few of the issues. Some of you may or may not be affected by these. These are my "Impressions" of the DX90 as of May 24, 2014.
1. Random Sound Dropouts and Fade in, 2 second cut-off at the end of tracks, and 1 second cut-off at the beginning. (Listening to the new Head-Fi/Dr. Chesky's Ultimate Headphone Demonstration Disc, the anouncer is partly cut-off when he begins to speak at the beginning of those tracks). How can you enjoy your music this way?!?
2. Lackluster Playlist Support (read my previous post).
3. Faulty Library Scanning. (My mSD cards and files work flawlessly in all the other devices that I use).
4. Terrible Readability of the Display due to the poor choice of the Typeface or Font that's used, and the text-to-background contrast (or lack thereof. Read my prevous post. IMO Black Text on a White Background would be better).
5. ID3 tag support/implementation. (Again, this has been a standard for more than a decade).
6. No search function. (When you have the capabilty to store and play THOUSANDS of files, this is a must, IMHO).
7. Changes in Sound Signature with Firmware updates. (Not a problem if we are able to choose which SS we prefer to use, while also using the latest Firmware.
8. The on-screen "Back" and "Home" buttons should be placed at the Bottom left and right of the screen for UI consistency.
9. When viewing the "music info", the text should be able to be scrolled in order to see it completely.
10. There is no automatic Scrolling of Track/Artist/Album information on the home screen. This would be nice.
So even though I could afford it, I really don't feel that I should have to spend AK240-type money just to get a GOOD UI and UX. As previously mentioned, there are heaps of inexpensive Android phones that are 100x better in the UI aspect. IMO, (AK240) is just stupid money for this type of device, and that money is much better spent feeding, clothing, educating, and housing the less fortunate in the world.
Just my $1.02 ...call me Negative Nancy if you will...
Edited by bbfoto - 5/24/14 at 12:57pm