- 3 Posts. Joined 4/2014
- Select All Posts By This User
- productV-MODA XStagged by Slashfury99, 4/13/14
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for advice on a new set of headphones and more - Seriously needing help Last post on 3/9/15 at 11:59pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Does it pay to get the V-MODA XS if you own the M-80? Last post on 12/27/14 at 7:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I need help to buy my ideal headphones, for Rock and Metal, between $150 and $200. Last post on 9/26/14 at 6:59am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Please come and flame me! Last post on 8/30/14 at 4:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Mo-Fi Headphones from Blue Microphones: Multi-link, Amplified Headphone Goodness - Head-Fi TV Last post on 7/20/15 at 9:44am in Headphones (full-size)
The Blackwood and Cherrywood side by side. Overall view of what this review consisted of. First of all, I’d like to thank Zach for supplying the Omni for this...
Everybody knows Sennheiser. They are doing great job at delivering good sound for all prices. I am doing this review with price factor in thought. First of all it is suprisingly detailed sounding...
Wow. There doesn’t seem to be a more appropriate way to word the beginning of this review, than to simply express my genuine surprise, and indeed – to a certain extent – admiration of the UMi Voix...
I bought the Q Audio French Silk balanced cable for my Audeze LCD-3's mainly because of the ergonomics and cool design/look over the stock cables. When running balanced, I doubted I would hear much...
I got a pair of these new on Amazon about a month and a half ago. I thought they sounded great for a pair of closed on-ears, and were pretty decently comfortable to the point that listening to...
Should I get the V-Moda XS or M-100? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Edited by HardstyleLoco96 - 4/25/14 at 9:47am
Heres the playlist remember Track 01, 08, 10 & 11. http://m.youtube.com/?#/playlist?list=PL245F3E346653CE1E
What playlist ? It just shows me my home screen for youtube.... I just got my Xs about maybe 4-6 hours ago and listening them since then and from what i can tell the Mids are a bit more up front and Bass is punchier in my opinion ( though lacks the sub bass)
Edited by Closingracer - 4/27/14 at 8:19pm
I have not used XS but I do own M100 for quite a while now.
So, I am going to say some words.
M100 is really good, I listened practically to almost all kinds of music, from rock, dub step, classic, pop, etc.
I used it with SGS3 + PowerAmp app.
Very good bass, good enough mids and clear highs.
The bass is powerful but not dark or overpowering the highs. (not that powerful compared to beats Studio but Studio is not having the clarity like the M100)
M100 is also detailed enough.
Although, you might need to correct some on the high and mids using the equalizer tho'.
I used it to listen e.g. to PTX1, PTX2, Lindsey Stirling, Ulytau, etc. and they are magnificent.
Room sound is also magnificent. No doubt about this.
I use M100 in trains, on the street, the passive noise cancellation works quite good.
I commute on daily basis.
But, please do not compare the passive noise cancellation on M!00 with an active one like on Bose NC15, there is no way an M100 can win.
OK, that is all about the good parts.
Now, it is for the bad parts.
M100 is a little uncomfortable and really causes fatiques after 1-2 hours of continues usage. (this could be an issue)
M100 is also very warm/hot in summer due to its closed construction. All of closed system headphones have this problem.
The m -100 pop sounds decent but with the xs pop sounds better IMO.
Edited by Closingracer - 4/28/14 at 4:03am
Hello folks! I am new to this website and headphones in general. I dont know anything about the tech & science behind sound and headphones. I am considering a v-moda headphone, either the m100 or the xs. I've read the reviews on InnerFidelity, cnet, others. I have watched a few youtube videos, most recently today SpiderNhan.
I am a petite woman with ( I guess) smallish ears and head, overall, I am not a big person. My whole life I have been using the headphones or ear buds that come with what ever music player I was using. If I had invested in decent headphones I probably wouldn't notice the slight hearing loss I have developed. sigh... Anyway, I have not found a place where I could try either of these headphones on and I do know that they are different in terms of fit and sound, over vs on ear, so I know comparisons aren't quite apples to apples.
I am not an audiophile but not sure if I am a basshead either, although I do find I like some rocking bass (maybe borderline basshead)! I listen to classic rock, my favs are Queen, Rush, Pink Floyd, Zeppelin. I also am venturing into drum and bass, edm (in love with Daft Punk right now), industrial. I intend to use the headphones primarily while I am commuting on the trains in Chicago, or while walking around the city, or during the rare flight here and there. I understand that these are not dedicated noise canceling cans and that is ok. Also, I listen exclusively with my iPod nano.
So! Too many options! When I think I have made a decision I read more reviews and then I am unsure. I wonder if the m100s would be too big for me and not adjust quite small enough to fit my head, thus making the XS the better option. I wonder if the XS would be better for my commutes or if it doesn't really matter. Then I wonder if I will miss the fun, bass experience that reviewers speak about the m100s. Hmmmm.
What would be the benefit of having both? I could purchase both, I spend that much on handbags..... But I'd rather not have the redundancy if I don't need it. Any more ideas to help a newbie girl make this decision would be greatly appreciated!!
While the M-100 has more bass overall, the bass on the XS slams harder. There isn't a difference in sound quality as much as there is a difference in sound signature and unless you have an amp or two to play with, you're not missing anything choosing the XS over the M-100. It'd also be easier to stow the XS inside your many handbags.
If you're into dangling jewelry, be aware that necklaces and earrings can scratch your headphones if you have them around your neck. A friend of mine learned that lesson the hard way.
If you want more bass slam in a similar package the Beats Solo 2 aren't bad.
SpiderNhan, thank you so much for the speedy response and the wonderful review videos you make. I wouldn't have thought about the jewelry scratches so thanks for the heads up!
One more question, what about the Sennheiser urbanite on ear? I saw the video from InnerFidelity and Tyll had very good things to say about them. I am going to eyeball yours and his videos again before I place an order. Again, thanks for the response!
- Should I get the V-Moda XS or M-100?
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 11 seconds ago
- › Comparison / Review : A tale of two Sennheisers – HD600 vs HD700 53 seconds ago
- › Ibasso DX90 - which headphones do you prefer to use with DX90? 1 minute ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Introducing the Brainwavz Jive earphones - Tuned to preform like a... 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 10 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 10 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by nmatheis
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by Jjacq
- › Sennheiser - Sennheiser CX 200 Street II by Gonomon
- › UMI Voix Blu by Rashmosh
- › Q Cables by Mediahound
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3