or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Light Harmonic Geek Wave
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Light Harmonic Geek Wave - Page 48

post #706 of 3762
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelCloris View Post

I'll be attending RMAF this year. Working on booking my travel arrangements today, actually.

I will make every effort to attend this year, barring job conflicts (as has happened the last two years).
I will be planning travel as well. The whole 11 miles from my house...
biggrin.gif
post #707 of 3762

Cool. I'll be there all-day Friday and the first half of the day on Saturday. 

 

I also reached out to Gavin and asked if there was any way that we could have a badge or something to identify us as Geek Force members. He said he liked the idea and that he'd work on it, but wasn't sure if he'd have enough time (show is only in ~3 weeks) to make it happen. 

 

See you there

post #708 of 3762
I'll be there
post #709 of 3762
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandrake50 View Post


I will make every effort to attend this year, barring job conflicts (as has happened the last two years).
I will be planning travel as well. The whole 11 miles from my house...
biggrin.gif

11 miles! That's only 160x fewer miles than I have to travel. :wink_face:

 

Actually, I've found being too close to the location of events can actually make it harder at times to attend. I went to grad school here in Philly and barely made it to my 15th reunion (even though I live around a mile from the campus) since I had all my normal family/work stuff to deal with. People from out of town who had reserved the time and were away from work/home got to enjoy it much more than I did. 

 

Anyway, hope to see you there!

post #710 of 3762
You are right. Last year I was about to park the car at the event...and got a call from work...
It never happened for me, the whole weekend ended up being shot.
post #711 of 3762
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandrake50 View Post

You are right. Last year I was about to park the car at the event...and got a call from work...
It never happened for me, the whole weekend ended up being shot.

That would totally suck. Kind of like traveling all the way across the country for a client meeting and then having them cancel for unforeseeable reasons when you've already gotten to their offices...

post #712 of 3762

When I do in-town events I tell my office that I'm out of town. That way they can call me but they don't expect me to be able to sign in remotely or head to the office on short notice. I'm thinking I'll be booking a room at the TownePlace Suites just a few miles up the road. I may try Uber to get to and from the event.

post #713 of 3762
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelCloris View Post
 

When I do in-town events I tell my office that I'm out of town. That way they can call me but they don't expect me to be able to sign in remotely or head to the office on short notice. I'm thinking I'll be booking a room at the TownePlace Suites just a few miles up the road. I may try Uber to get to and from the event.

I'll be at the Hyatt across the street. Pretty cheap rates and short walking/stumbling distance!

post #714 of 3762
Quote:
Originally Posted by mscott58 View Post
 

Any other Geek Force members going to the RMAF/CanJam next month in Denver? LH Labs is going to be there, including Larry and Gavin. Maybe we'll get some primary experience in hearing Larry's products and/or experiments versus contemplating them conceptually on the boards. Will be good fodder for the forums at least...

I bought my 2-day pass the other day & am planning to go Friday & Saturday.

 

I am only 15 miles away, & self-employed, so I think the boss will give me a break on this one.

 

I asked for Gavin & Larry's input in the forum as to whether or not there would be any kind of meet & greet for the Geek Force members, but I haven't seen any response from them so far.

post #715 of 3762

Found and Bought a 128 GB San Micro but now I havent got the Week Wave Xd128 yet so what format does the MicroDisk need to be to be accepted by Geek Wave so I can up;load files in the meantime?

post #716 of 3762
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargoCantabile View Post
 

Found and Bought a 128 GB San Micro but now I havent got the Week Wave Xd128 yet so what format does the MicroDisk need to be to be accepted by Geek Wave so I can up;load files in the meantime?

I haven't seen any mention yet as to what format the Waves will be using. However, you may want to return the micro SD card if you are not going to use it for anything else. The Waves will use full size SD cards & you can get them in higher capacity for cheaper than the micro.

post #717 of 3762
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbr1971 View Post
 

I haven't seen any mention yet as to what format the Waves will be using. However, you may want to return the micro SD card if you are not going to use it for anything else. The Waves will use full size SD cards & you can get them in higher capacity for cheaper than the micro.

Concur with JBR - I'd return the card for now as a lot can change between now and when the Wave comes out. Larry might even change the size of card, let alone the format. Also the price of such cards should continue to drop over time, so what you can get for your money now will less than what you can get when the Wave comes out mid-next year. Take care

post #718 of 3762

Another question about Geek Wave Perks. I originally opted for the Carbon Fibre Shell but now wonder if I shouldn't change to Metal instead?

Hmm just got an email saying we will be contacted to confirm all our perks, we set me thinking should I change. Which is more durable?

post #719 of 3762
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargoCantabile View Post
 

Another question about Geek Wave Perks. I originally opted for the Carbon Fibre Shell but now wonder if I shouldn't change to Metal instead?

Hmm just got an email saying we will be contacted to confirm all our perks, we set me thinking should I change. Which is more durable?

 

I was debating between the carbon fiber and the titanium finishes. I ended up going titanium because I feel the coloring on the front of the unit will be easier to match to the titanium back. Both are going to be durable and have similar weights since they'll both be relatively thin amounts of the material.

post #720 of 3762
Had also min in Titanium finish, coz my UM Mentors have Titanium faceplates... ^_^
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Light Harmonic Geek Wave