or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Light Harmonic Geek Wave
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Light Harmonic Geek Wave - Page 125

post #1861 of 3762
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathchandars View Post
 


Do let me know how your refund experience goes as I'm also tired of LH Labs not communicating enough about the Wave 32. I paid a total of around $220 (Wave 32 + Standalone DAC Upgrade) and I'll be happy even if I lose $20. I just want out... Unless LH Labs can give us Wave 32 backers something concrete on what they promised. Because, like you said, it is their mistake and not ours.

 

I throw the towel. I am tired of opening tickets and having them closed without a solution or asking me first.

 

My last message to support:

….

Anyway, I gave you prove from 2 different official sources (your production updates) + message from Larry Ho in the LH forum that the perk was available for the Wave32. Being this the case, and understanding that you might not be able to include it in the Wave32 for technical or other reasons, I please demand for a refund of all my money backed. I am not interested in the Wave32 without the femto clock and I think that it is clear that you officially said that it was OK months ago, I cannot accept that it was my mistake.

….

 

Reply from LH:

….

I have asked Larry and the Wave 32 cannot handle the femto clock upgrade. Although the post from over a year ago states otherwise, as the development process continues things will change. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

 

Thank you again for your time and support. As Gina has already refunded you for the femto clock upgrade I will be closing this ticket. Please feel free to open a new ticket if you have any new questions.

….

 

I will never buy or use a LH product again. Hopefully I am able to sell my Wave32 as soon as I get it which apparently will be when it is already obsolete and surpassed by other similar players.

 

Cheers

post #1862 of 3762
Maybe they misunderstood you and interpreted your request and wanting to cancel the femto clock perk? I noticed that when dealing with LHlabs CS, it's best to be as clear as possible. screenshot your GW32 and Femto invoice and tell them specifically you want a refund. I don't think they'd deny you a perfectly valid request.
post #1863 of 3762

I do not think so as they already rejected the possibility of giving me a full refund in previous tickets. I always referred to my previous tickets and they should know what I was talking about. From their side, they agreed that they made a mistake and that is the reason why the made me a refund for the femto clock but they refuse to do a refund for the rest, this seems to be their policy.

 

I agree that I could have been more clear this last time but I am just tired of it, I will let it be.

post #1864 of 3762

where are we now with the release of this dap


Edited by Sound Eq - 4/10/15 at 3:14am
post #1865 of 3762
Wow, sorry to read about this. They are really making it difficult on wave32 backers. Unsupported perk offerings and currently an infinite delivery delay.

I'd like to see Larry come on the forums and clarify the femto clock option. I have a hard time believing memory is preventing the use of a femto clock, since that's the only difference, besides storage, between the 32 and 64. Some transparency is in order here.
post #1866 of 3762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Mango View Post

I wonder what I will get as an XD128 non signature with the IEM and DAC perks.
I am picturing a re melted resin lump with some electronic parts haphazardly sticking out of it.

 

100mW and 450mW output.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgelai57 View Post

Having supported the Wave since Day One and upgraded it with almost every perk to a maxed out product, I have no idea if the final one as shown in my survey is what I ordered. I'll leave it to fate, chance and luck; and the good innocent folks at LH.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post

I'm in the same boat, hoping/expecting we'll get a fabulous sounding unit, whatever it turns out to be!

 

If you want you can send me your IGG list of perks and a screenshot of the survey and I can let you know if it's accurate. Don't leave it to fate, confirm the facts!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hykhleif View Post
 

where are we now with the release of this dap

 

Somewhere between the concept and delivery. Seriously though, LH Labs is picking out the glass and display last I was told so it's not going to be any time soon.

post #1867 of 3762
@axelcloris - thanks. PM sent
post #1868 of 3762
so r we months away from being released
post #1869 of 3762
Quote:
Originally Posted by hykhleif View Post

so r we months away from being released

 

Last updated projection was July/August. So we're at least 3 months out.

post #1870 of 3762
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorcc View Post

I do not think so as they already rejected the possibility of giving me a full refund in previous tickets. I always referred to my previous tickets and they should know what I was talking about. From their side, they agreed that they made a mistake and that is the reason why the made me a refund for the femto clock but they refuse to do a refund for the rest, this seems to be their policy.

I agree that I could have been more clear this last time but I am just tired of it, I will let it be.

That's rotten luck right there. Personally I think you have every right to ask for a refund, considering the circumstances. Have you asked why they are unwilling to process a full refund?

If you're willing, maybe you can try trading your GW32 pledge for a Geek Out or something which might interest you? Or maybe just credits that you can redeem if something new from LHL might interest you in the future. The GO is a fantastic product and something you might consider if you're looking at a compact desktop setup. Perhaps LHL would be more willing then.

That'd be a win-win solution for both parties.
post #1871 of 3762
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorcc View Post

I do not think so as they already rejected the possibility of giving me a full refund in previous tickets. I always referred to my previous tickets and they should know what I was talking about. From their side, they agreed that they made a mistake and that is the reason why the made me a refund for the femto clock but they refuse to do a refund for the rest, this seems to be their policy.

I agree that I could have been more clear this last time but I am just tired of it, I will let it be.

Did you perk the GW32 and then sometime later add on the femto or was it immediately thereafter. If there was time in between then LHL could argue that you didn't intend all or nothing with the GW32. Just my 2c.
post #1872 of 3762
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelCloris View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Mango View Post

I wonder what I will get as an XD128 non signature with the IEM and DAC perks.

I am picturing a re melted resin lump with some electronic parts haphazardly sticking out of it.

100mW and 450mW output.
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgelai57 View Post

Having supported the Wave since Day One and upgraded it with almost every perk to a maxed out product, I have no idea if the final one as shown in my survey is what I ordered. I'll leave it to fate, chance and luck; and the good innocent folks at LH.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post

I'm in the same boat, hoping/expecting we'll get a fabulous sounding unit, whatever it turns out to be!

If you want you can send me your IGG list of perks and a screenshot of the survey and I can let you know if it's accurate. Don't leave it to fate, confirm the facts!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hykhleif View Post

 
where are we now with the release of this dap

Somewhere between the concept and delivery. Seriously though, LH Labs is picking out the glass and display last I was told so it's not going to be any time soon.

Thanks, an wandering around Bruges on vacation, internet spotty and expensive, May take you up when I get home. Now looking at some Dali (makes me want to sing, "Hello Dali")
post #1873 of 3762
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post

Thanks, an wandering around Bruges on vacation, internet spotty and expensive, May take you up when I get home. Now looking at some Dali (makes me want to sing, "Hello Dali")

 

Sure thing, shoot a PM whenever and I'll take a look. Keep in mind that the survey is open until the 15th.

 


 

I feel that I should reaffirm that I am not an LH Labs/Light Harmonic employee. I'm a campaign backer like everyone else and I'm just trying to keep the details as accurate as possible. :D

post #1874 of 3762
Do the people working for LH speak english?

If they were putting everything through google translate or something, I think it would explain a lot about their customer service.

For example, I had a problem with my survey, there was only one option (gw32) and no way to correct it.

The response? "Okay, just choose the right option on the survey".

mad.gif
post #1875 of 3762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunlun View Post

Do the people working for LH speak english?

If they were putting everything through google translate or something, I think it would explain a lot about their customer service.

For example, I had a problem with my survey, there was only one option (gw32) and no way to correct it.

The response? "Okay, just choose the right option on the survey".

mad.gif
Stop trying to use English and grammar with them. Pretend like you are texting to a teenager instead.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Light Harmonic Geek Wave