or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) - Page 34

post #496 of 4660
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublea71 View Post

I'm hoping it will have a 3.5 mm HO socket. I think most will be using this on the go with iems and having to use an adapter with the X7 in a pocket would be a big pita and increase risk of damage. Listening with full-size cans likely means a stationary experience (and many will probably use an external amp, too), so I think it is not a big inconvenience to require an adapter for full-sizers. IMHO.

+ 1
post #497 of 4660
Quote:
Originally Posted by x RELIC x View Post


Some time in 2015 is the projected release. I'd guess over a year from now.

Edit: The ETA is listed in the first post.

So no hope for a early 2015 release, which i wich i was hoping for? since i only have my Sony WM F880 (and the Battery is about to die...) right now, and really don't wanna purchase anything until something really worth upgrading for comes out....

post #498 of 4660

Sounds nice with 2x mSD slots. I'd like it to have 20h+ battery life(at least with 16/44.1 files), and user replaceable battery.

I can live with android if you give it enough processing power, and if it will be rooted, but otherwise id prefer something else (Wonder if Sailfish OS could be used successfully in a hifi dap).

 

Iv been pretty excited about Cowon P1, looks nice, has plenty of storage. But battery life falls really short, and since it doesn't seem to have replaceable battery, one would need to send it for battery swap every couple years, and at that price id like to change the battery myself, its pretty expensive.

post #499 of 4660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ev0lution View Post

So no hope for a early 2015 release, which i wich i was hoping for? since i only have my Sony WM F880 (and the Battery is about to die...) right now, and really don't wanna purchase anything until something really worth upgrading for comes out....

Yeah, honestly, I don't know. It very well could be early 2015, but I have my doubts given that they are in the very early stages of development.
post #500 of 4660
Easy modification: something like plate-amps by HfMan.
post #501 of 4660
And the last one. Top players use Sabre: 901, Dx100...
I would like FiiO to make a DAP with a Multibit Dac, like 801.
That would be much better, because you made X5 with pcm1792 ( one of the best delta-sigma dacs imho, better only ak4399 i guess) and it sounds a lot better (for me) than Dx90 on Sabre.
Please make a Dap with a Multibit Dac! Or at least with Akm.
post #502 of 4660
Oh, and the last one. MUSTHAVE!
HARDWARE BUTTONS to control the music.
post #503 of 4660
Quote:
Originally Posted by quanaris View Post

Oh, and the last one. MUSTHAVE!
HARDWARE BUTTONS to control the music.

100% agree. Cant use a DAP in the car without buttons.

post #504 of 4660

maybe buttons for volume up / down and next buttons for music skipping would be good. however I'd still prefer a big and highly sensitive touchscreen and take advantage of 2015 technology.

 

 

list so far

------------------------

 

- 1/4 inch jack along with 3.5 mm jack

- a very good 4" touchscreen and OS

- two micro SD card slots + OTG USB

- very long battery life

- wi-fi music streaming from PC or portable hotspot HDD  <- currently a 1.5 TB Wi-fi HDD that runs on battery is available from Seagate and Western Digital. If a player can play music from it, its storage capacity will be limitless.

- very simple and elegant design just like AK100 II

- quad-core CPU

- dual Sabre 32bit DAC chip

- 699 dollars

- a good dark brown color leather case

- free two screen protection films

- replaceable battery <- this is very important. please use something similar to a smartphone battery so we can easily get them on ebay. Then we can carry extra batteries for extended battery life.

- Android OS 4.0 or higher / accessibility to Play Store

- a good looking UI with folder directory view function

- few external buttons for volume up / down, track skipping

- ALAC, FLAC, DSD, WAV, APE, MP3, WMA, OGG support

- Satin aluminum finish just like AK120 titan. It won't get scratches.

- Available in two colors: grey and black

 

 

------------------


Edited by kawaivpc1 - 7/5/14 at 8:18pm
post #505 of 4660

1/4 inch jack that works nicely even with 600ohms headphones along with 3.5 mm jack that works nicely with sensitive IEMs would be really great... Not sure if it's technically doable though-- hope it is!

 

To reduce the size, I echo the request for removable batteries. A large removable cellphone battery like Xiaomi Note (3200 mah) would make the device lighter-- but still give a cheap and convenient option to easily double or triple the playtime if needed. I think they sell their original batteries for like $10 or so. Or, would it be possible to run via microUSB? What I mean here is, being powered efficiently by a powerbank connected to the microUSB. I think typically, the powerbank charges the internal battery which is then used by the device. I would think is very inefficient and results in a lot of power loss. If it's possible to power the device directly (without going through the internal battery) from a 10,000 mah pack, that would solve the balance between battery life for long trips and portability when you don't need it.

 

To further reduce the size and cost (since a lot of the requests are likely adding to it), why not just put enough RAM for the OS and future upgrades-- and completely rely on external storage for music? I think it's better and more flexible to have double microSD slots than to have a single slot + 64GB/128GB internal. I would personally prefer full SD even if just a single slot (though dual would be awesome) since that tends to be cheaper, more durable, and have bigger capacities.

 

To further reduce size, cost, and power consumption, I prefer a similar physical layout to the X3/X5-- that is, physical buttons and a decent screen. I personally don't care for a full sized screen since I think the device should be true to being a music player... but I guess the trend is going to full sized touched screens. :-(  Admittedly, it's one of things I dislike about the DX100.

 

Guess I'll hold off from purchasing the DX100. Hope X7 is for early 2015 :-)

post #506 of 4660
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by quanaris View Post

Oh, and the last one. MUSTHAVE!
HARDWARE BUTTONS to control the music.

 

yes, 7 hardware bottoms

post #507 of 4660
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay G View Post
 

1/4 inch jack that works nicely even with 600ohms headphones along with 3.5 mm jack that works nicely with sensitive IEMs would be really great... Not sure if it's technically doable though-- hope it is!

 

To reduce the size, I echo the request for removable batteries. A large removable cellphone battery like Xiaomi Note (3200 mah) would make the device lighter-- but still give a cheap and convenient option to easily double or triple the playtime if needed. I think they sell their original batteries for like $10 or so. Or, would it be possible to run via microUSB? What I mean here is, being powered efficiently by a powerbank connected to the microUSB. I think typically, the powerbank charges the internal battery which is then used by the device. I would think is very inefficient and results in a lot of power loss. If it's possible to power the device directly (without going through the internal battery) from a 10,000 mah pack, that would solve the balance between battery life for long trips and portability when you don't need it.

 

To further reduce the size and cost (since a lot of the requests are likely adding to it), why not just put enough RAM for the OS and future upgrades-- and completely rely on external storage for music? I think it's better and more flexible to have double microSD slots than to have a single slot + 64GB/128GB internal. I would personally prefer full SD even if just a single slot (though dual would be awesome) since that tends to be cheaper, more durable, and have bigger capacities.

 

To further reduce size, cost, and power consumption, I prefer a similar physical layout to the X3/X5-- that is, physical buttons and a decent screen. I personally don't care for a full sized screen since I think the device should be true to being a music player... but I guess the trend is going to full sized touched screens. :-(  Admittedly, it's one of things I dislike about the DX100.

 

Guess I'll hold off from purchasing the DX100. Hope X7 is for early 2015 :-)

 

the 1/4 inch jack is too big and too thick for X7, but we will try whether we can solve this problem and control the thickness at the same time. 

post #508 of 4660
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post
 

 

the 1/4 inch jack is too big and too thick for X7, but we will try whether we can solve this problem and control the thickness at the same time. 

If want support 1/4 jack, maybe better to supply the 1/4 to 1/8 converter instead of using 1/4 inch on the DAP.

post #509 of 4660
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post
 

 

the 1/4 inch jack is too big and too thick for X7, but we will try whether we can solve this problem and control the thickness at the same time. 


It's really more of wanting a device that can drive 600ohms headphones and still play nice with sensitive IEMs :-) Thanks.

post #510 of 4660
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaivpc1 View Post

- a very good 4" touchscreen
- very long battery life
- quad-core CPU
- dual Sabre 32bit DAC chip

There is somewhat of a contraditiction between long battery life and dual mono dacs/amps, quad core cpu and big touchscreen . As JamesFiiO says:

Under current technology, a player’s sound quality is proportional to its power consumption. Many famous DAC chip on the market go with 5V power supply since desktop device has very large operating current. Meanwhile, the high quality headphone amplifier also requires high voltage and current supply.
Therefore, the sound quality is a contradiction to its playback time on the basis of limited dimension. For former FiiO music players, we set 10hrs as a standard since I personally think 8hrs of playing time is the basic requirement to any portable devices. Considering that not so many people would listen to the music as long as 8hrs per day, it seems that a little shorter playback time can be accepted as well.

High battery drain (eg Hifiman/Colorfly/AK100) = high sound quality = short battery life
Low battery drain (eg Cowon/Apple/Hisound) = low sound quality = long battery life

I also think dual microSD slots is a crude and inelegant solution for storage and SD storage is even more crude, internal 64/128/256GB should be more than adequate.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014)