Any timeline on the Balanced module being released? I was hoping to get the X7 for X-Mas but if it will only be able to drive IEM's for now it's kind of no good for me since I don't own any.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- 👍DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, AK380, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, ZX-2, FiiO X5, X5II, Chord... Last post on 12/5/16 at 1:51am in Portable Source Gear
- Meet FiiO at 2017 International CES, Jan. 5-8, 2017 Last post on 1/13/17 at 7:03pm in FiiO
- FiiO X5 3rd gen Review Tour starts right now!!---Android based,Mastering Quality Lossless... Last post on 1/16/17 at 7:50am in Portable Source Gear
- FiiO's dynamic In-ear monitors F3&F1 are available with limited quantity on Aliexpress now! Last post on 12/13/16 at 1:17am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Reply to get FiiO's New In-Ear Monitors F1 for Free Last post on 1/16/17 at 5:14am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 11/28/16
This is by far the closest I have come to writing a 5 star review. Of course to get that, I would have to find the holy grail of headphones for me. I had tried the HD558, HD598, HD650, and...
Used Schiit Modi & Magni with car sim racing game with Sennheiser HD 598 headphones. Unfortunately, Modi died after 2+ years. Thought warranty was 5 years but found out the hard way it's only 2...
These are *fantastic* for the price. Compared side by side to some old Sennheiser MX500s, that cost at least 4x as much, the Monk+ absolutely wipes the floor - they are hugely superior. Warm...
Acknowledgment Thanks, @Andykong at Cayin, and @Takeanidea for organizing the UK wing of the worldwide extravaganza of i5 tour. It is always an honour to work with great companies and dear...
Introductory word They say that once you go black.... yeah. This is quite self-explanatory. And behold, black iFi Audio product emerged. I can only say - finally. Cheers to 'em English folks....
FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out | - Page 432
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Hi guys, here's the latest Fiio X7 FW
X7 firmware 1.0 (2015-11-05)
The following changes and improvements were made to firmware 1.0 compared to beta firmware:
1. Removed non-functional google search bar;
2. Removed whitelist restriction (any user app can now be installed);
3. Amended battery meter parameters for more accurate battery readouts;
4. Bluetooth device name changed from "rk3188" to "FiiO X7"
5. Kernel version / build number revised to FW1.0
6. FiiO Music app version updated to v1.3
How to update X7's firmware
1. Make sure that the X7 is adequately charged (preferably fully charged).
2. Switch X7 from Pure Music mode to Android Mode and restart X7 (if not already in Android Mode) so that Android functions may be accessed: pull down settings menu from the right and click Mode button to change from Pure Music to Android and reboot
Edited by Ultrainferno - 11/6/15 at 2:52am
From @Joe Bloggs on the previous page:
No worries. I would love to try the balanced amp module right now.
Likewise. Really cool that third parties can make amp modules. Imagine the possibilities if some of the bigger players make modules for the X7.
As it would seem the release of more amp modules is some time away I have a question hopefully someone can answer. I have the X7 on pre-order and will be primarily looking to use it with Oppo PM3 cans. Hopefully one of you who has the X7 on trial also has the Oppo's. Does the X7 drive them with authority or is a bit more power needed?
Whoever wants to attempt this, gets my wallet:
Balanced output (RSA/Alo Kobiconn and/or 2.5mm TRRS) + IEM oriented for the lowest hiss possible + longer chassis for better battery life (1/2 or 2/3 of ZX2 is good enough)
Many of us are longstanding supporters of FiiO products and I find it thrilling to see this company making great strides by leaps and bounds while still keeping their feet on the ground. I respect how they continue to interact directly with their fans and consumers.
I greatly anticipate expanding the soundscape of the X7 via new amp modules.
Now, a million $ question, will that balanced module also have 3.5mm single ended or only balanced outputs? If there is only a way you can have 3.5mm too (maybe combine and buffer diff outputs) and add hw high/low gain switch - you will have a super universal amp module Wishful thinking of course! But seriously, it would be so convenient to have 3.5mm on your balanced output as well, unless the intent it to include kobiccon to 3.5mm adapter?
Btw, any idea about battery drain effect (%) due to higher power and balanced output amp modules?
Also, James you guys did a "magic" going from 10.24 fw to 10.28 fw release by improving sound quality of X7. The sound became more dynamic, more layered, definitely a noticeable improvement. 11.03 fw update took a step back, making sound flatter. Not as bad as 10.24 fw level, but somewhere between 10.24 and 10.28. You definitely demonstrated there is a headroom to improve sound quality, and 10.28 fw release was a clear example of it. I hope the next fw update will continue in the same direction, though unfortunately 11.03 was a step back :(
And of course, looking forward to test new amp modules!!!
This is a case by case thing.
You can easily buy a Chord Hugo for around $1500 in China but here in US it asks for $2500. I feel this price policy a bit annoying even considering the fact I'm Chinese. US residents not always get good price obviously.
- FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 40 seconds ago
- › [Reviewer Wanted] USA for new final F series! 2 minutes ago
- › Wells Audio Milo - Impressions And Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Can Con Sydney Australia 7.0 3 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › ifI iCan Pro - Impressions & Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › getting started, first post - headphones for vinyl? 5 minutes ago
- › Ether Flow (open) MINTY 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Schiit Modi by Tim Updegrove
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear