or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out | - Page 35

post #511 of 16426
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post
 

 

the 1/4 inch jack is too big and too thick for X7, but we will try whether we can solve this problem and control the thickness at the same time. 


Awesome. I hope you make it. 1/4 inch jack is more preferred by many high end headphone users. All the great headphones on the market come with 1/4 inch jack.

 

Also, don't forget replaceable battery. We want you to use a smartphone battery that is already on sale so we can replace them at any time and may carry extra for extending battery life. We want to get an easy access to battery just like we do for our smartphones.

This 2014. I don't understand manufacturers making totally enclosed battery that is almost not accessible to users.

 

This is your chance James. Many of other DAPs are not using 1/4 inch jack and replaceable battery.

 

Forget about what the other guy above says. Please use two micro SD card slots. micro SD card storage will increase again by 2015. This will easily beat internal storage capacity.


Edited by kawaivpc1 - 7/6/14 at 1:44am
post #512 of 16426
Forget about what the other guy above says.
post #513 of 16426
I don't want a 1/4 jack on my portable. I have an adapter that goes from 1/4 to 1/8 if I'm listening to my full sized headphones at home. For portable I use my portable headphones with 1/8 jack. Makes sense to do this and keep the form factor from getting bloated.
post #514 of 16426
Quote:
Originally Posted by x RELIC x View Post

I don't want a 1/4 jack on my portable. I have an adapter that goes from 1/4 to 1/8 if I'm listening to my full sized headphones at home. For portable I use my portable headphones with 1/8 jack. Makes sense to do this and keep the form factor from getting bloated.

Neither do I want 1/4 jack for DAP so to increase the thickness
I was told that people in the states like to use DAP with full-sized cans at home.

Please release an Asian edition. LoL
post #515 of 16426

1/4 inch jack essentially shafts anyone using the DAP in their car because they will all have RCA to 1/8.

I vote +1 for RCA out but don't care about jack size.

post #516 of 16426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sefelt103 View Post

Forget about what the other guy above says.

 

Agreed. When he says "we", he means himself.

post #517 of 16426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sefelt103 View Post


There is somewhat of a contraditiction between long battery life and dual mono dacs/amps, quad core cpu and big touchscreen . As JamesFiiO says:

Under current technology, a player’s sound quality is proportional to its power consumption. Many famous DAC chip on the market go with 5V power supply since desktop device has very large operating current. Meanwhile, the high quality headphone amplifier also requires high voltage and current supply.
Therefore, the sound quality is a contradiction to its playback time on the basis of limited dimension. For former FiiO music players, we set 10hrs as a standard since I personally think 8hrs of playing time is the basic requirement to any portable devices. Considering that not so many people would listen to the music as long as 8hrs per day, it seems that a little shorter playback time can be accepted as well.

High battery drain (eg Hifiman/Colorfly/AK100) = high sound quality = short battery life
Low battery drain (eg Cowon/Apple/Hisound) = low sound quality = long battery life

I also think dual microSD slots is a crude and inelegant solution for storage and SD storage is even more crude, internal 64/128/256GB should be more than adequate.

Well the quad-core CPU is already in there so that's one strike for you sir. (unless I'm mixing up my incoming DAP threads :D did you even read the OP/last few pages?)

Same with dual micro SD so that's 2. one more and you're out :p


Edited by D3Seeker - 7/7/14 at 12:06pm
post #518 of 16426

I hope that quad-core CPU is not something MediaTek's SOC, which is leaks anyway.

post #519 of 16426

Deatachable battery please! =( i like the feeling of being able to change the battery when i need it insted of carrying around a power bank =(

post #520 of 16426
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyFlow View Post
 

Deatachable battery please! =( i like the feeling of being able to change the battery when i need it insted of carrying around a power bank =(


exactly, the replaceable battery idea is not totally new.

 

iBasso Audio's DX90 has this already.

 

http://ibasso.com/en/products/show.asp?ID=83

 

That's right. A 24Bit 192khz player with a user replaceable battery is already out there. DX90 uses a cellphone battery.

This should be considered in X7 development. 

 

User inaccessible battery makes it cumbersome, because users will have to pay extra money and time for replacing the battery.

Imagine users sending back their devices every year to replace batteries. 


Edited by kawaivpc1 - 7/8/14 at 8:40am
post #521 of 16426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sefelt103 View Post


High battery drain (eg Hifiman/Colorfly/AK100) = high sound quality = short battery life
Low battery drain (eg Cowon/Apple/Hisound) = low sound quality = long battery life

 

:rolleyes:

post #522 of 16426
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post

rolleyes.gif

Forgive him for his youthful rudeness.
post #523 of 16426
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaivpc1 View Post
 


exactly, the replaceable battery idea is not totally new.

 

iBasso Audio's DX90 has this already.

 

http://ibasso.com/en/products/show.asp?ID=83

 

That's right. A 24Bit 192khz player with a user replaceable battery is already out there. DX90 uses a cellphone battery.

This should be considered in X7 development. 

 

User inaccessible battery makes it cumbersome, because users will have to pay extra money and time for replacing the battery.

Imagine users sending back their devices every year to replace batteries. 

 

We have been to that discussion before - the removable battery is not going to happen on FiiO not because it can not be done, but because 1) there isn't a cellphone battery with large enough capacity to reach minimum required battery life set by FiiO, For example, X5 already has a 3700mAH battery while Galaxy S5 battery is only 2800mAH - a 30% lost of battery capacity. and 2) it increase the overall size due to the need of a battery bay. Have you seen the picture where DX50 / DX90 user trying to fit an extended battery onto their DAP but can't close the battery bay anymore and have to use the silicone case to hold the battery inside? There is no such thing as a perfect solution to the problem. You get some, you lose some.

 

Also, who said you need to send it back 'every years'? A typical Li-ion battery can last over 3 years on normal usage.

post #524 of 16426
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post
 

 

We have been to that discussion before - the removable battery is not going to happen on FiiO not because it can not be done, but because 1) there isn't a cellphone battery with large enough capacity to reach minimum required battery life set by FiiO, For example, X5 already has a 3700mAH battery while Galaxy S5 battery is only 2800mAH - a 30% lost of battery capacity. and 2) it increase the overall size due to the need of a battery bay. Have you seen the picture where DX50 / DX90 user trying to fit an extended battery onto their DAP but can't close the battery bay anymore and have to use the silicone case to hold the battery inside? There is no such thing as a perfect solution to the problem. You get some, you lose some.

 

Also, who said you need to send it back 'every years'? A typical Li-ion battery can last over 3 years on normal usage.

Thank you for reiterating this point :)

 

*This post is not meant to be sarcastic; I simply hope that more people would recognize this.

post #525 of 16426
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post
 

 

We have been to that discussion before - the removable battery is not going to happen on FiiO not because it can not be done, but because 1) there isn't a cellphone battery with large enough capacity to reach minimum required battery life set by FiiO, For example, X5 already has a 3700mAH battery while Galaxy S5 battery is only 2800mAH - a 30% lost of battery capacity. and 2) it increase the overall size due to the need of a battery bay. Have you seen the picture where DX50 / DX90 user trying to fit an extended battery onto their DAP but can't close the battery bay anymore and have to use the silicone case to hold the battery inside? There is no such thing as a perfect solution to the problem. You get some, you lose some.

 

Also, who said you need to send it back 'every years'? A typical Li-ion battery can last over 3 years on normal usage.

why can't they make a detachable battery and sell it as a part on their website?? 

It's 100% possible. They make a customized detachable battery and sell it separately so users can carry extras and replace them when they want. 

I didn't say it should be a cellphone battery. I said something like a smartphone battery that is easily detachable and accessible.

 

This can be a perfect solution to this problem. 

You don't lose a thing by making battery detachable and selling extras. Developers will make even more money by selling extra batteries on their website. Users will save more money and time by getting an easy access to batteries. If I truly love the dap, I would buy three extra batteries to use on travel. I believe many others would do the same.

 

Do not make a quick judgement and say something is impossible before you even try. That kind of mindset deters decent DAP development. Do not even reply to this thread, please. I don't know what makes you think you can argue over this but your point of view is totally narrow minded and not understandable.

1.Making a battery detachable will not increase a size of a DAP. what makes you think like that? Does your cellphone gets bigger because of its battery? 

2. Making a battery detachable will not reduce battery's life and capacity. what makes you think like that? Does your cellphone's battery last less because of its detachability?

3. Making a battery detachable will only make people like this DAP more. You'll be able to carry extra batteries all the time. who said to you that you must use a cellphone battery? 

4. Making a battery detachable will not make developers lose something. who said to you that all of your cellphone developers lost something by making their cellphone batteries detachable and selling extras on Ebay?

5. Making a battery detachable will not make YOU lose something.  What's your point?

6. Making a battery detachable will not make any of us lose something

7. Making a bettery detachable will not make YOU lose time and money so don't worry. 

8. Making a battery detachable and easily accessible will save YOU time and money.  

Once we get this feature, we will never have to worry about its battery life at all. 


Edited by kawaivpc1 - 7/8/14 at 5:15pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |