or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out | - Page 10

post #136 of 15717
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post

For one thing, RockBox doesn't do anything over 16/48.

It isn't the answer for all questions.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/716822/why-24-bit-audio-and-anything-over-48k-is-not-only-worthless-but-bad-for-music/210_30#post_10521798

frown.gif
post #137 of 15717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverprout View Post
 

My rockboxed sansa clip plays 24/88 How ?

Resampling ?

 

Sometime i listen to a RB sansa clip when the X3 is empty... The general ease of use of RB clip is very painful for the X3 (i keep it only for SQ).

Yes RB downsamples hi-res music..

post #138 of 15717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverprout View Post
 

My rockboxed sansa clip plays 24/88 How ?

Resampling ?

 

Sometime i listen to a RB sansa clip when the X3 is empty... The general ease of use of RB clip is very painful for the X3 (i keep it only for SQ).

 

RockBox downsample everything over 16/48. I used to have a RB clip+ as well, and definitely doesn't share your sentiment and now I am happily RB-free.

 

 

Nice and dandy, but there are still very good hardware based reason to implement HD, beyond the scope of that article. Plus there is no stopping the use of better mastered HD files now, so there is better to have it then to not have it.

 

Besides, it will also make for bad marketing to tell buyer that you have the best 24/192 DAC but they can't use it because you don't have the software to utilize it.

post #139 of 15717
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post
 

I used to have a RB clip+ as well, and definitely doesn't share your sentiment and now I am happily RB-free.

 

Yes, what DAP do you feel faster and easier ? (UI only)

 

PS : I only listen 16/44


Edited by Silverprout - 5/7/14 at 8:34am
post #140 of 15717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverprout View Post
 

 

Yes, what DAP do you feel faster and easier ? (UI only)

 

PS : I only listen 16/44

 

I don't need DAP that feel faster. I am happy with most as they are. I find even Clip+ is easily enough to use in stock, so I don't see any added value of RockBox besides extra option that I have no use for.

post #141 of 15717
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post
 

 

RockBox downsample everything over 16/48. I used to have a RB clip+ as well, and definitely doesn't share your sentiment and now I am happily RB-free.

 

 

Nice and dandy, but there are still very good hardware based reason to implement HD, beyond the scope of that article. Plus there is no stopping the use of better mastered HD files now, so there is better to have it then to not have it.

 

Besides, it will also make for bad marketing to tell buyer that you have the best 24/192 DAC but they can't use it because you don't have the software to utilize it.

Guyz... I warn you not to pick a fight with ClieOS... I have a feeling this lovely human has listened to more portable rigs than most of us have fingers and toes >.>

 

thank you for your wisdom o wise one!

 

But seriously, I do think utilizing Android is kinda of a waste of money and development... but it's also Linux so... hmm I guess my concern is always. at what point does working on the UI prevent us from offering the best sound quality possible, I again point to Hifiman Players... the UI sucks... it's HORRIBLE... but it does it's job and they sound wonderful

 

If I'm listening to my DAP do I also want to play Spades on it as well? I suppose that would be a convience but at what cost... 

post #142 of 15717

I dont get how people want a high end / ideal music player and want RockBox on it.

I'm not fan of touch devices, but RockBox is completely out of discussion if the player is going to be touch based.

post #143 of 15717
Quote:
Originally Posted by reihead View Post
 

I dont get how people want a high end / ideal music player and want RockBox on it.

I'm not fan of touch devices, but RockBox is completely out of discussion if the player is going to be touch based.

I'd have to agree with you uthere, I think RB is a little useless for any Device that plans to utilize a decent processor and host a nice OS. The X5 OS was actually rather nice. I liked it, simple, clean looking [albeit buggy] but it did just what I needed and wanted it to do. I guess I'm just not a fan of the added cost of utilizing Android... but then again it could be more cost effiective to use Android rather than... oh they already have a UI they've developed... so yea... If  dumping droid brings the cost down or increases the budget for some quality hard ware I say to HELL WITH IT

 

Although if this suggestion has not been made... swappable Amp Cards? It seems to work for... others ;3 might be a nice feature here! Or maybe a version made without an onBoard Headphone amp  give those of us who never use the one board amp a chance to save a few bucks [but that might get expensive to do...] really just throwing ideas out at this point... 

post #144 of 15717
Thread Starter 

the most important thing is to create something that there are not exit. but not make something there have a lots.

 

lots of android, ios, windows phone have very good very fast UI and features, but we are not satisfy with the SQ of them. different products to different people.

post #145 of 15717
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post
 

the most important thing is to create something that there are not exit. but not make something there have a lots.

 

lots of android, ios, windows phone have very good very fast UI and features, but we are not satisfy with the SQ of them. different products to different people.

Meh broken english, but the message translates!  Create something thats new 

 

Still the iBasso DAPS run on andriod don't they? In addition Cowon has made a few Android Based dacs already, but you guys know your market better than I do :3, I'm just egar to find a replacement for my dying hm801 >.> 

post #146 of 15717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

Guyz... I warn you not to pick a fight with ClieOS... I have a feeling this lovely human has listened to more portable rigs than most of us have fingers and toes >.>

 

thank you for your wisdom o wise one!

 

But seriously, I do think utilizing Android is kinda of a waste of money and development... but it's also Linux so... hmm I guess my concern is always. at what point does working on the UI prevent us from offering the best sound quality possible, I again point to Hifiman Players... the UI sucks... it's HORRIBLE... but it does it's job and they sound wonderful

 

If I'm listening to my DAP do I also want to play Spades on it as well? I suppose that would be a convience but at what cost... 

I can hold my own with ClieOS, look at my avatar.  

post #147 of 15717
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEars View Post
 

I can hold my own with ClieOS, look at my avatar.  

ooooh Snap... nice! 

post #148 of 15717
Ooow. How nice. More head-fires get to chime in on their perfect/closer to perfection/idea dap.... as I look on dreaming
*sigh*
post #149 of 15717
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post
 

 

I don't need DAP that feel faster. I am happy with most as they are. I find even Clip+ is easily enough to use in stock, so I don't see any added value of RockBox besides extra option that I have no use for.

Hi,

Let's forget rockbox, if you feel that the FIIO X3 interface speed is sufficent, go with it.

(i was expecting that you know a fast DAP with a good SQ)


Edited by Silverprout - 5/8/14 at 12:28am
post #150 of 15717
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverprout View Post
 

Hi,

Let's forget rockbox, if you feel that the FIIO X3 interface speed is sufficent, go with it.

(i was expecting that you know a fast DAP with a good SQ)

 

for X7, since it is based on Android OS, so you may get rockbox app, and also foorbar2000 in X7. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |