I asked in the HE-500 thread and got some some good responses, but not everyone who owns, or has owned, a HE-500 still reads that thread. I figured I'd ask here. I'll lay down some criteria and make it easy!
1. I've owned a Lyr. Liked it, not interested in another one. But what about that Mjolnir?!?! Would need a balanced DAC though, correct?
2. I have a Project Ember which I believe is really good at it's price point.
3. I humored the following: speaker amps, Auralic Taurus, Questyle CM800R, V200 (still in the running, had one and sold it)
4. I like a more warm signature, but with tight bass and quick decay. Can I not have my cake and eat it too?
5. I really need to stay below $1k USD...
6. I have a great DAC, so not looking for an AMP/DAC, but yet still interested in the new WA7 offerings (new toy syndrome)
So what do you guys think? I've heard amazing things about the Lafigaro/DarkVoice 337/339 and it's priced perfectly (>$800) as well as the newest Little Dots. But I'm seriously considering eventually going with a more expensive can (HE560/HE-6, OPPO PM-1/2, HD800) so that'll play a role as well.