Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › THE NOBLE 4 (universal) Australian Tour Thread - (Impressions / Reviews)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

THE NOBLE 4 (universal) Australian Tour Thread - (Impressions / Reviews) - Page 3

post #31 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 


But we all love audio! That's all that matters! Our quest for audio nirvana keeps us here. (for very long time with much $$$ spent)

The road to no-where......

That's true although I'm kinda starting to think it's not as much a quest for the best sound anymore as much as a hobby with some elements of addiction. 

post #32 of 121

Quote:

Originally Posted by kova4a View Post
 

You're misinterpreting my impressions - I'm not saying it's warm but rather that it's slightly on the warm side of neutral with the blue core tips. While with the ortofon tips it get's a bit cooler and closer to analytical. I don't really have warm sources but I haven't heard the X5 - judging by some of the impressions it might be a bit on the bright side though.

Aye, sorry me bad XD

 

Say, for the blue tips, anyone know why theres like a line of rubber present in the bore of the tip??

post #33 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdacow View Post

Quote:
Aye, sorry me bad XD

Say, for the blue tips, anyone know why theres like a line of rubber present in the bore of the tip??

The idea is u can develop ur own damper and tweak the sound. The robber cross member would help to retain the damper in place.

I'm not saying I recommend the use of it, but that is the purpose of it

I cut it off on mine

Dr. John Moulton

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

Reply
post #34 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post


The idea is u can develop ur own damper and tweak the sound. The robber cross member would help to retain the damper in place.

I'm not saying I recommend the use of it, but that is the purpose of it

I cut it off on mine


Wow, thats really interesting. :beyersmile:

post #35 of 121

@d marc0 thank you very much my friend for including the humble ears of djvkool in this tour :beerchug:

post #36 of 121
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by djvkool View Post
 

@d marc0 thank you very much my friend for including the humble ears of djvkool in this tour :beerchug:

 

You're welcome my friend! :beerchug:

I look forward to your opinion about them...

post #37 of 121

I've been spending some more time this afternoon with Noble 4. I'm still overly satisfied with them, especially with the right tracks, however, what I'm finding is when searching through my library, there's some genre's that require a touch of bass they sound a little light in note weight. To give you an idea of my preferences a well sealed ER4S has plenty enough low end quantity for me, so it's not that I'm a bass head, I can very much enjoy a neutral signature however what I'm finding is the low end is just a little too absent at times. I'm getting a perfect seal, so that's not the problem. I just find with some ambient tracks, for example, some of the atmosphere is missing at times.


 Does anyone else find Noble 4 just a wincy bit light in the low end? I wonder what White Lotus will think who requires nothing less than a thump from the low end. 

None the less here's a track that sounds very nice with Noble 4.





Oh, and a photo I took...



Edited by H20Fidelity - 4/11/14 at 3:17am
post #38 of 121
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 

I've been spending some more time this afternoon with Noble 4. I'm still overly satisfied with them, especially with the right tracks, however, what I'm finding is when searching through my library, there's some genre's that require a touch of bass they sound a little light in note weight. To give you an idea of my preferences a well sealed ER4S has plenty enough low end quantity for me, so it's not that I'm a bass head, I can very much enjoy a neutral signature however what I'm finding is the low end is just a little too absent at times. I'm getting a perfect seal, so that's not the problem. I just find with some ambient tracks, for example, some of the atmosphere is missing at times.


 Does anyone else find Noble 4 just a wincy bit light in the low end? I wonder what White Lotus will think who requires nothing less than a thump from the low end. 

None the less here's a track that sounds very nice with Noble 4.





Oh, and a photo I took...


 

Nice track mate! Awesome photo as well...

 

I always find the Noble 4 a bit lacking for metal. Otherwise, the rest of the tracks that I've tried them with are played perfectly well. I might ask which tracks you find them a bit lacking on bass... and try it once the Noble 4 gets back to me.

post #39 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post
 

 

Nice track mate! Awesome photo as well...

 

I always find the Noble 4 a bit lacking for metal. Otherwise, the rest of the tracks that I've tried them with are played perfectly well. I might ask which tracks you find them a bit lacking on bass... and try it once the Noble 4 gets back to me.



This one is an example: http://thepolishambassador.bandcamp.com/track/your-last-breath

About 0:37 when the bass starts creating rhythm for the track.

post #40 of 121
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 



This one is an example: http://thepolishambassador.bandcamp.com/track/your-last-breath

About 0:37 when the bass starts creating rhythm for the track.

 

Are you playing this direct through the C3? or with amp?

post #41 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post
 

 

Are you playing this direct through the C3? or with amp?


Orginally from C3 (which we know rolls off early). They seem to take a somewhat drastic hit from C3 headphone out downstairs which is not the earphones fault.

Through Clip Zip which measure flat (no roll off) they're preferable, still a little laid back with certain genres. 

post #42 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


 Does anyone else find Noble 4 just a wincy bit light in the low end? I wonder what White Lotus will think who requires nothing less than a thump from the low end. 
 

Well, not for a reference iem. For instance, with the blue core tips IMO the N4's bass is easily weightier and with better impact and thickness than the er4's. N4's bass changes a lot with different tips and IMO those red core ones you use aren't the best tips for it as I mentioned before. 


Edited by kova4a - 4/11/14 at 6:31am
post #43 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post
 

Well, not for a reference iem. For instance, with the blue core tips IMO the N4's bass is easily weightier and with better impact and thickness than the er4's. N4's bass changes a lot with different tips and IMO those red core ones you use aren't the best tips for it as I mentioned before. 


Yeah I'm not sure about that, I personally can hear it rolling off early even with true flat measuring sources and a tight seal. Like it's missing some extension on the low end. I understand it's meant to be a reference IEM, and neutrality is the key here. it not so much the quantity I'm missing more the full range down below 80hz. Above that it's fine.

I'd,like to see a graph sometime, considering N4 has two BA's dedicated to the low end.

I've tried lots of tips its the same for me.

post #44 of 121

With regards to the bass of the N4, its not as dense as the bass in other earphones IMO. Does the er4s have more bass quantity than the N4??
 

post #45 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 


Yeah I'm not sure about that, I personally can hear it rolling off early even with true flat measuring sources and a tight seal. Like it's missing some extension on the low end. I understand it's meant to be a reference IEM, and neutrality is the key here. it not so much the quantity I'm missing more the full range down below 80hz. Above that it's fine.

I'd,like to see a graph sometime, considering N4 has two BA's dedicated to the low end.

I've tried lots of tips its the same for me.

Yeah, there is definitely some bass roll off but not more than with er4s. Otherwise the bass is definitely not lighter than the er4s - it's the other way around. Anyway, I don't really find it that lacking to bother me - you can always try a little bit of bass boost coz the N4 has surprisingly low distortion in comparison to iems like B2 or even er4s.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › THE NOBLE 4 (universal) Australian Tour Thread - (Impressions / Reviews)