- 40 Posts. Joined 11/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
- productShure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphonetagged by nightmancometh, 4/11/14
Related Forum Threads
- Review of Apollo Audio Lab's Viper 6 - 6 BA drivers universal in-ear monitor Last post on 2/28/15 at 9:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE846 vs Noble Audio 6 (universal) - Time Sensitive! Last post on 2/20/15 at 8:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on 3/26/15 at 8:07am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Like New SHURE846 [Price Drop] Last post on 2/9/15 at 11:31pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- A Shure SE846 Review: and the agony of having to send them back... Last post on 2/18/15 at 10:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
The price to performance ratio of the HiFiMan HE-400 is truly exceptional. The clamping force of new head band is tight and requires break-in. I prefer the the plush pads over stock pads for...
They are a very good option. The sound is natural, they are comfortable to use. The only con I have with it is the included cable that is too long and bulky (if you want to listen them connected...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I must admit, until recently, I was not aware of the Master and Dynamic brand. I had heard about them on the forums, but never really read anything about them. Their recent model MH40 is their...
For larger views of any photo - please click for access to 1200 x 800 images INTRODUCTION I’ve only recently heard about thinksound™ audio, and before Head-Fi user d marc0 contacted me, I’d...
Crap!!! I lost an earpiece from my brand new Inearz customs at the airport.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I just received my first pair of customs from Inearz on Friday. I paid extra for a rush order and express shipping so I would have them in time for a business trip today. They arrived on time Friday afternoon, and I was able to use them over the weekend. I really like them, and the fit seemed great. I was really impressed with the isolation. I enjoyed them greatly on the first leg of my trip this morning. As I deboarded the plane and entered the terminal at the Charlotte airport, I removed the earpieces and let them hang around my neck. I had a bit of a layover, so I walked toward my next gate, stopping for some coffee. When I looked down, my left earpiece was gone. I retraced my steps numerous times and asked the cleaning and gate agents between my two gates if the earpiece had been found. No luck. I called the US Airways lost and found at the airport and left a message about the item but as of 5 this evening, I've heard nothing. I can't believe this has happened. The earpieces seemed very secure, but maybe I loosened the left one when I removed it. Boy, do I feel like an idiot!
Did you remove the cable and use a different one than the one supplied by Inearz?
That sucks - my Inearz customs have the recessed sockets. I tried pulling on one connector to see how snug they were - and when it didn't budge, I backed off. They will most certainly detach, but it would have taken more effort than I was willing to give at that moment.
Was it a reshell, or an IP series custom? Either way it blows.
Edited by Kyle76 - 4/7/14 at 5:48pm
This sucks. You didn't even have a proper "honeymoon" period with your new toy.
In cases like this one can only hope for a little miracle. Who knows, maybe you will get a call tomorrow from the Airline...but that seems unlikely...try calling the Airport authority.
Edited by Kyle76 - 4/7/14 at 6:23pm
I passed back through the Charlotte airport yesterday, and although my time was limited, I made a few inquiries in the concourse area where my earpiece went missing. Sadly, no one had seen it, and I've gotten no response from any lost and found people. It could still turn up, but I'm not holding out much hope.
I just went through something like that. While working on my computer, the phone rang, so I I put down my headphone for a second to answer it and next thing I know I couldn't find the headphones anywhere. After an exhaustive search I gave up, went to the kitchen and got a cookie. As I was eating it, I got my second wind and decided to look again. This time I was smart about it, I traced the headphone cable from the plug in my computer to see that voila, they were sitting right there behind my laptop's monitor.
Just goes to show you that you should never give up hope.
Well, I kind of did. When I sent my headset back for a replacement earpiece, I had them upgraded from triple armatures to quads for a little more low-end punch. I got a call yesterday that they are being shipped back to me. I also went with a darker faceplate.
Edited by Kyle76 - 4/23/14 at 10:51pm
You could whip the shure se846 around your head as fast as you can like a lasso, and they wouldn't come off. I wonder if inearz have a defect that makes them easy to separate from the cable. Just a thought.
- Crap!!! I lost an earpiece from my brand new Inearz customs at the airport.
- › Band Name Game II 13 seconds ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 18 seconds ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 = Waste of Money (and general discussion) 51 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › A Concise View of Why The ATH-M50 is No Longer King 4 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 7 minutes ago
- › 2015 vsonic iem lineup VSD2, VSD7, VSD9 7 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2