- 40 Posts. Joined 11/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
- productShure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphonetagged by nightmancometh, 4/11/14
Related Forum Threads
- Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) Last post on Today at 6:13 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review of Apollo Audio Lab's Viper 6 - 6 BA drivers universal in-ear monitor Last post on 9/6/15 at 10:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE846 vs Noble Audio 6 (universal) - Time Sensitive! Last post on 2/20/15 at 8:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on 7/13/16 at 7:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Like New SHURE846 [Price Drop] Last post on 2/9/15 at 11:31pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
First of all I’d like to thank LZ and Lao for sending me a review sample of the LZ A2S. I'd also want to thank my friend Tamal for informing me about the LZ A2S, thanks mate! The retail price of...
Ampsandsound are an amplifier and loudspeaker builder out of Southern California. I discovered Justin Weber and team through Head-Fi, when reports of their Kenzie headphone amps appeared. Since...
Review: Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone I tried to post a review only to the review template, but I was unable to because the system stated I was above the maximum character count, hence...
If you are looking at the RHA-MA750, you already have done a bit of research about how they sound. So, I will get straight to my review. Sound Quality: Let me start off by saying that these...
Acknowledgment Thanks to @Tony-Hifi of HiFi headphones for making me review this desktop DAC/Amp as a favour. I love reviewing loaners, but it’s always sad to package and send them off...
Crap!!! I lost an earpiece from my brand new Inearz customs at the airport.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I just received my first pair of customs from Inearz on Friday. I paid extra for a rush order and express shipping so I would have them in time for a business trip today. They arrived on time Friday afternoon, and I was able to use them over the weekend. I really like them, and the fit seemed great. I was really impressed with the isolation. I enjoyed them greatly on the first leg of my trip this morning. As I deboarded the plane and entered the terminal at the Charlotte airport, I removed the earpieces and let them hang around my neck. I had a bit of a layover, so I walked toward my next gate, stopping for some coffee. When I looked down, my left earpiece was gone. I retraced my steps numerous times and asked the cleaning and gate agents between my two gates if the earpiece had been found. No luck. I called the US Airways lost and found at the airport and left a message about the item but as of 5 this evening, I've heard nothing. I can't believe this has happened. The earpieces seemed very secure, but maybe I loosened the left one when I removed it. Boy, do I feel like an idiot!
Did you remove the cable and use a different one than the one supplied by Inearz?
That sucks - my Inearz customs have the recessed sockets. I tried pulling on one connector to see how snug they were - and when it didn't budge, I backed off. They will most certainly detach, but it would have taken more effort than I was willing to give at that moment.
Was it a reshell, or an IP series custom? Either way it blows.
Edited by Kyle76 - 4/7/14 at 5:48pm
This sucks. You didn't even have a proper "honeymoon" period with your new toy.
In cases like this one can only hope for a little miracle. Who knows, maybe you will get a call tomorrow from the Airline...but that seems unlikely...try calling the Airport authority.
Edited by Kyle76 - 4/7/14 at 6:23pm
I passed back through the Charlotte airport yesterday, and although my time was limited, I made a few inquiries in the concourse area where my earpiece went missing. Sadly, no one had seen it, and I've gotten no response from any lost and found people. It could still turn up, but I'm not holding out much hope.
I just went through something like that. While working on my computer, the phone rang, so I I put down my headphone for a second to answer it and next thing I know I couldn't find the headphones anywhere. After an exhaustive search I gave up, went to the kitchen and got a cookie. As I was eating it, I got my second wind and decided to look again. This time I was smart about it, I traced the headphone cable from the plug in my computer to see that voila, they were sitting right there behind my laptop's monitor.
Just goes to show you that you should never give up hope.
Well, I kind of did. When I sent my headset back for a replacement earpiece, I had them upgraded from triple armatures to quads for a little more low-end punch. I got a call yesterday that they are being shipped back to me. I also went with a darker faceplate.
Edited by Kyle76 - 4/23/14 at 10:51pm
You could whip the shure se846 around your head as fast as you can like a lasso, and they wouldn't come off. I wonder if inearz have a defect that makes them easy to separate from the cable. Just a thought.
- Crap!!! I lost an earpiece from my brand new Inearz customs at the airport.
- › Cayin iDAC-6 - a killer new DAC with tons of options on board 14 seconds ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 45 seconds ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 1 minute ago
- › Sansui 317 and speaker 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Appreciation Thread – a New Start (please read... 3 minutes ago
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and important of bias/blind... 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - Introducing KATANA 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 4 minutes ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 6 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 7 minutes ago
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › ampsandsound Mogwai Single-Ended Amplifier by dmhenley
- › Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone by moedawg140
- › RHA MA750 by bobghosh
- › Questyle CMA600i "Current Mode Amplification" Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Talai
- › Shure SRH840 by haroldtheboss
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by MrTechAgent
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...