- 40 Posts. Joined 11/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
- productShure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphonetagged by nightmancometh, 4/11/14
Related Forum Threads
- Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) Last post on Today at 12:12 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review of Apollo Audio Lab's Viper 6 - 6 BA drivers universal in-ear monitor Last post on 9/6/15 at 10:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE846 vs Noble Audio 6 (universal) - Time Sensitive! Last post on 2/20/15 at 8:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on 7/13/16 at 7:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Like New SHURE846 [Price Drop] Last post on 2/9/15 at 11:31pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Why I love iFi and their products iFi have been known, reputably for their amazing amplifiers and DAC. Ranging from Nano to Micro to Retro and the most recent addition, the Pro line, iFi have an...
Build/Accessories: The Earsonics SM3 is a triple balanced armature IEM, with one driver for the lows, one for the mids, and one for the treble region. the shell is clear acryllic on the...
Introduction – The X5 is perhaps the quintessential Fiio player, it was one of their first devices and also one of their most universally acclaimed. Fiio have come far since the unveiling of the...
Introduction FiiO X5-2 is the second generation of X5 DAPs (digital audio players) from FiiO. I owned a FiiO X5 for quite a while before buying X5-2 and I was...
Brainwavz is a company that should be well known by now to anyone who's familiar with Head-Fi. Known for their excellent build quality and reasonable prices, Brainwavz should always be on your...
Crap!!! I lost an earpiece from my brand new Inearz customs at the airport.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I just received my first pair of customs from Inearz on Friday. I paid extra for a rush order and express shipping so I would have them in time for a business trip today. They arrived on time Friday afternoon, and I was able to use them over the weekend. I really like them, and the fit seemed great. I was really impressed with the isolation. I enjoyed them greatly on the first leg of my trip this morning. As I deboarded the plane and entered the terminal at the Charlotte airport, I removed the earpieces and let them hang around my neck. I had a bit of a layover, so I walked toward my next gate, stopping for some coffee. When I looked down, my left earpiece was gone. I retraced my steps numerous times and asked the cleaning and gate agents between my two gates if the earpiece had been found. No luck. I called the US Airways lost and found at the airport and left a message about the item but as of 5 this evening, I've heard nothing. I can't believe this has happened. The earpieces seemed very secure, but maybe I loosened the left one when I removed it. Boy, do I feel like an idiot!
Did you remove the cable and use a different one than the one supplied by Inearz?
That sucks - my Inearz customs have the recessed sockets. I tried pulling on one connector to see how snug they were - and when it didn't budge, I backed off. They will most certainly detach, but it would have taken more effort than I was willing to give at that moment.
Was it a reshell, or an IP series custom? Either way it blows.
Edited by Kyle76 - 4/7/14 at 5:48pm
This sucks. You didn't even have a proper "honeymoon" period with your new toy.
In cases like this one can only hope for a little miracle. Who knows, maybe you will get a call tomorrow from the Airline...but that seems unlikely...try calling the Airport authority.
Edited by Kyle76 - 4/7/14 at 6:23pm
I passed back through the Charlotte airport yesterday, and although my time was limited, I made a few inquiries in the concourse area where my earpiece went missing. Sadly, no one had seen it, and I've gotten no response from any lost and found people. It could still turn up, but I'm not holding out much hope.
I just went through something like that. While working on my computer, the phone rang, so I I put down my headphone for a second to answer it and next thing I know I couldn't find the headphones anywhere. After an exhaustive search I gave up, went to the kitchen and got a cookie. As I was eating it, I got my second wind and decided to look again. This time I was smart about it, I traced the headphone cable from the plug in my computer to see that voila, they were sitting right there behind my laptop's monitor.
Just goes to show you that you should never give up hope.
Well, I kind of did. When I sent my headset back for a replacement earpiece, I had them upgraded from triple armatures to quads for a little more low-end punch. I got a call yesterday that they are being shipped back to me. I also went with a darker faceplate.
Edited by Kyle76 - 4/23/14 at 10:51pm
You could whip the shure se846 around your head as fast as you can like a lasso, and they wouldn't come off. I wonder if inearz have a defect that makes them easy to separate from the cable. Just a thought.
- Crap!!! I lost an earpiece from my brand new Inearz customs at the airport.
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 5 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 7 seconds ago
- › Classical music discussion, what do you like? 30 seconds ago
- › Hello all, looking Amplifier 49 seconds ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and... 52 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 52 seconds ago
- › Musical Paradise M2-D2 AK4490 Balanced Dac Reviews? 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (advanced wireless & microSD module for... 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › Is it time to upgrade my shure e5c's? 2 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by BillsonChang007
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear