- 40 Posts. Joined 11/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
- productShure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphonetagged by nightmancometh, 4/11/14
Related Forum Threads
- Best UIEM to run with Last post on 9/16/14 at 1:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears' New Way Of Making Custom In-Ear Monitors - Head-Fi TV Last post on 9/16/14 at 9:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Replacing HD-650's with IEM's for travelling Last post on 9/10/14 at 3:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE846 or Unique Melody Miracle? Last post on 8/31/14 at 10:20am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE846 earphones affected by humidity and moisture? Last post on 8/21/14 at 1:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok...
Crap!!! I lost an earpiece from my brand new Inearz customs at the airport.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I just received my first pair of customs from Inearz on Friday. I paid extra for a rush order and express shipping so I would have them in time for a business trip today. They arrived on time Friday afternoon, and I was able to use them over the weekend. I really like them, and the fit seemed great. I was really impressed with the isolation. I enjoyed them greatly on the first leg of my trip this morning. As I deboarded the plane and entered the terminal at the Charlotte airport, I removed the earpieces and let them hang around my neck. I had a bit of a layover, so I walked toward my next gate, stopping for some coffee. When I looked down, my left earpiece was gone. I retraced my steps numerous times and asked the cleaning and gate agents between my two gates if the earpiece had been found. No luck. I called the US Airways lost and found at the airport and left a message about the item but as of 5 this evening, I've heard nothing. I can't believe this has happened. The earpieces seemed very secure, but maybe I loosened the left one when I removed it. Boy, do I feel like an idiot!
Did you remove the cable and use a different one than the one supplied by Inearz?
That sucks - my Inearz customs have the recessed sockets. I tried pulling on one connector to see how snug they were - and when it didn't budge, I backed off. They will most certainly detach, but it would have taken more effort than I was willing to give at that moment.
Was it a reshell, or an IP series custom? Either way it blows.
Edited by Kyle76 - 4/7/14 at 5:48pm
This sucks. You didn't even have a proper "honeymoon" period with your new toy.
In cases like this one can only hope for a little miracle. Who knows, maybe you will get a call tomorrow from the Airline...but that seems unlikely...try calling the Airport authority.
Edited by Kyle76 - 4/7/14 at 6:23pm
I passed back through the Charlotte airport yesterday, and although my time was limited, I made a few inquiries in the concourse area where my earpiece went missing. Sadly, no one had seen it, and I've gotten no response from any lost and found people. It could still turn up, but I'm not holding out much hope.
I just went through something like that. While working on my computer, the phone rang, so I I put down my headphone for a second to answer it and next thing I know I couldn't find the headphones anywhere. After an exhaustive search I gave up, went to the kitchen and got a cookie. As I was eating it, I got my second wind and decided to look again. This time I was smart about it, I traced the headphone cable from the plug in my computer to see that voila, they were sitting right there behind my laptop's monitor.
Just goes to show you that you should never give up hope.
Well, I kind of did. When I sent my headset back for a replacement earpiece, I had them upgraded from triple armatures to quads for a little more low-end punch. I got a call yesterday that they are being shipped back to me. I also went with a darker faceplate.
Edited by Kyle76 - 4/23/14 at 10:51pm
You could whip the shure se846 around your head as fast as you can like a lasso, and they wouldn't come off. I wonder if inearz have a defect that makes them easy to separate from the cable. Just a thought.
- Crap!!! I lost an earpiece from my brand new Inearz customs at the airport.
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 42 seconds ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 2 minutes ago
- › Press Release: Sennheiser launches URBANITE headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Need help with setting up my audio hardware configuration! 2 minutes ago
- › Anybody with experience on bachmaier in-ear? 2 minutes ago
- › I am looking for upper class gaming Headphones? Which one? I posted... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)