I lost my pair of Apple headphones recently so I'm in the market for a new pair of headphones. I've never made a post here before, but I've chosen a couple of headphones based on reviews I've read on this forum before. This time I'm looking for something a little more specific and I have a higher budget, so I thought I'd post here.
Here are my requirements and usages:
- - I’ll mostly be using the headphones to listen to music on my iPod or while playing games on my computer or portable gaming systems
- - I frequently listen to music in public (on the bus, in quiet spaces at school, etc.), so they can’t be too leaky
- - I’ll be listening to music at the gym/while exercising, so they must have a secure fit
- - For the above two reasons, I’m thinking IEM’s will be best, but I’m open to any type of headphones
- - Bonus feature: I tend to destroy the cords on my headphones within a year; usually this results in me losing sound in one ear. Because I’m such a notorious destroyer of cords, replaceable cords would be a bonus feature (within a reasonable price range)
- - Budget: No more than $500; prefer sub-$300 (but will pay more for the right features, e.g. replaceable cords, noise-cancelling, etc.)
- - I listen to a variety of music (rock, electronic, and video game music/J-Pop mostly). The main genre I listen to is EBM/Futurepop (Electronic Body Music). Bands/composers I listen to are Code 64, Assemblage 23, Rotersand, Liquid Divine, Mind in a Box, Seabound, Akira Yamaoka (Silent Hill composer), Shoji Meguro (Persona series), modern Sonic the Hedgehog music (many genres), music from Touhou games, and music from the Katamari Damacy games (which is all over the place genre-wise).
- - Not sure how to describe the kind of sound I like, but I tend to listen to music using iTunes’ R&B EQ setting, if that tells you anything
ThThank you in advance for your recommendations!