As I said in the other thread, it was a great meet! Definitely got to try out a lot of different types of gear, and I had a rather pleasing experience thanks to all your bringers of desktop equipment. (Kudos to all of you's)
Once again, thank you Billy for hosting, and Lin for organizing the meet; it went really smooth and well:)
Although I didn't have much to contribute to the lot, the vast amount of gear that was there for ten or so people was quite a lot!
I left early (at 2-ish due to me having to be somewhere), so I had only said my farewells to a few of you's, and although I was going to farewell the rest, the majority of you guys were experimenting with the gear there, so I thought I'd best leave you guys to it.
My key highlights of the meet, are as follows:
- HD600 was an amazing headphone, that I honestly was not expecting to sound that good! Not only did it kick arse with the Burson, but it also had that smooth, rich sounding vocals when used on my portable amp (Portable V4). It is now on my "Affordable To-Buy List".
- HD800. Damn.
- Fostex TH600's sounded better to me the second time I used it. (Last time was from when I visited Billy a few months back) - Was hard to put down.
- Stax setup was pretty damn good!
- I very much digged the Audeze LCD 2.4! Always wanted to hear the LCD-series, and now I have:) Same goes with the infamous, HD6X0/HD800's!
- HE-500's were a great headphone that I have overlooked for a few months now. I always thought of them as that warm, dark sounding headphone with like no treble, but until today was I proven wrong. They were great! (Or was it the silver cable that brightened them up?) Although the velours were a touch hard, the sound was very impressively detailed.
- I didn't get to hear the modded Fostex T50RP's but from the feedback I overheard at the meet, it must've been a great one!
Time for the first wave of photos, if any aren't posted by the time my ones load. I'm no photographer, so don't expect any fancy shots lol. Some shots may seem blurry, but I wasn't aware at the time, so I'll upload them anyways.
Beginning of the setup of the meet
Lin's and PleasantSounds' stuff
PleasantSounds' side of things
The one, the only! THE HD800!
The beginning of the cable tangle fiesta
More HD800 awesomeness
nine hunnit! (Sorry for my shaky hand)
Billy/Noisy Motel's speakers and amps and DACs
michael4321's modded T50RP
michael4321's Hifiman copper cable(?) and UHA-6S MKII
Some X5 love along with an O2
The X5 stacked on top of the DX50 on top of the Neco Soundlabs Portable V4
D_marco's IEMs and C3/C5 and Mahdi8's iMod
The rare, MDR-F1
HD650 with my rig
A sneaky shot of PleasantSounds' WA7 and T5P
More Crack action
Some funky Fostex speaker of Noisy Motel/Billy's
Jensy's La Figaro!
and his Audeze LCD 2.4
Silver cable porn
More La Figaro and TH900's jack
SEX? or Crack? One of the two.
Loquah's RWAK100 and E12 DIY
Mahdi8's iMod and Quickstep(?)
Sneaky shot of Mahdi8's modded DT770 with alpha pads
D_marco's Noble 4 with the X5
Dark tubie to finish things off
But now that all the fancy gear is gone, and it's time to return back to my usual rig. :(
Edited by SkyBleu - 4/6/14 at 2:43am