I currently own a AudioGD Compass DAC/AMP in combination with a DT880 Ed. 2005 (250 Ohm) headphone. I was looking for an upgrade and start to take a closer look at the T1.
However, some other factors, make it necessary that I am the only one hearing the music with the phones . So now I am looking at a closed solution.
A few questions on this:
1) Are there any closed headphones who would match the performance of high-end semi-open cans, like the T1 for instance?
2) What closed headphones would you suggest, considering following criteria:
- the new headphones should work well with the Compass
- they will replace the DT880, so I expect them to be at least as comfortable as them
- I am very pleased with the DT880, so the sound signature should go in the same direction. Minor/Major improvements are welcome, but there should not be a radical change between the outputs.
- a good price/performance ratio would be great and the budget is at most 800 EUR.
Now, I want to select a few models to test against each other. Here's where I need your help. What should I get?
Thanks for your support,